☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Scott Howard-Cooper: Gordon was on a bus with Clips season-ticket holders, going to fan stops, when he got the news. "Awkward," one says. Another: "Looked sad." 1 minute ago

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by mgrand15

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Chris Paul has averaged more PPG in his career than Williams....but Williams is the better scorer.  Right. 

And it's no knock on Williams because he runs a team DAMN well...u just got your facts wrong. 

So you"re saying deron runs a team better than Paul? Like I said I'd take cp3 over him any day.
I think its a lot closer than people think. CP3's stats are way better because he's played in a system where he literally drives everything. It's a PG system. I don't know why everyone ignored the fact that Darren Collison stepped in and averaged almost 20 and 10 after CP went down his rookie year. Deron's been in the opposite situation playing in Utah. There's a lot of ball movement, he comes off screens, he didn't handle the ball 90% of the time. As a Net, he's gotten the chance to completely run the team and his stats jumped way up. His scoring was down because of his injured wrist (FG% was way down, 27% from 3
sick.gif
) but his assists were way up (12.8 apg with a weak cast). I think it's a coin flip though, I'm not saying Deron's better.
It's ignored because he played 40 minutes a game to get 19 & 9 and shot the ball better than he ever has in his life. And he turned the ball over 4 times a game while doing it. He never came close to this kind of production in Indiana. 
Chris Paul Career USG%: 23.8

Deron Williams Career USG%: 23.3 

I'd say they had the ball the same amount.

Originally Posted by mgrand15

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Chris Paul has averaged more PPG in his career than Williams....but Williams is the better scorer.  Right. 

And it's no knock on Williams because he runs a team DAMN well...u just got your facts wrong. 

So you"re saying deron runs a team better than Paul? Like I said I'd take cp3 over him any day.
I think its a lot closer than people think. CP3's stats are way better because he's played in a system where he literally drives everything. It's a PG system. I don't know why everyone ignored the fact that Darren Collison stepped in and averaged almost 20 and 10 after CP went down his rookie year. Deron's been in the opposite situation playing in Utah. There's a lot of ball movement, he comes off screens, he didn't handle the ball 90% of the time. As a Net, he's gotten the chance to completely run the team and his stats jumped way up. His scoring was down because of his injured wrist (FG% was way down, 27% from 3
sick.gif
) but his assists were way up (12.8 apg with a weak cast). I think it's a coin flip though, I'm not saying Deron's better.
Nah, imo Deron is just more of a scorer than a pure pg and Sloane altered his offense to compliment that. If Deron was as good of a pg as CP3, he'd at least surpass him in the assist category. Paul wasn't simply just a pure pg that made his team better but then he put that team on his back and did the bulk of the scoring when needed as well. Yes, Deron's wrist injury plays a part as far as stats but come playoff time if someone is saying he's better than CP3 then Deron definitely should've done better with the team around him.
Originally Posted by Lavious

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

I heard B Davis just got amnestied..Good chance dude ends up on the Knicks
How serious are his "back issues?"
[h1]Baron Davis has bulging disc in his back[/h1]

Originally Posted by lakersreppa008

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

Is J.R. Smith playing in the league this season? Or is he overseas?
I think hes gonna stay overseas. Contract obligations I believe. 
laugh.gif
How his agent allowed this to happen I have no idea. 

I love what David Stern did. He said no to a pretty damn good package in the Lakers/Rockets trade, waited until something much better came along, and held his ground until the Clippers said yes to it. More owners need to do this. Just because you're getting a very good deal, it doesn't mean there aren't better ones out there.

Originally Posted by tupac003

Dude has a bad back...why would the Knicks want him?
Could he be saying that so non-contenders don't bid on him?
Edit: .....Guess not.

So many moves being made right now.

How do you guys think the league would look right now had 'Bron never took his talents to Miami?

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

I love what David Stern did. He said no to a pretty damn good package in the Lakers/Rockets trade, waited until something much better came along, and held his ground until the Clippers said yes to it. More owners need to do this. Just because you're getting a very good deal, it doesn't mean there aren't better ones out there.
*waits for LAL to cave to Otis' demands of Bynum and Gasol*

Because Mike Bibby is currently the Knicks backup PG..I've never seen you play basketball in my life and I'd feel more comfortable with you as the Knicks backup PG than I am with Mike Bibby
laugh.gif

As a Laker fan I can't even help but laugh at how this whole thing played out. I actually kind of want the Clippers to be good, as it makes for a better rivalry, but I don't see why they did this deal unless they know he's going to re-sign. That said, $tern got NO a hell of a deal. Now watch him rig the draft so NO gets the top 2 picks next year.
Mitch just needs to find a backup big and by some miracle a starting PG and we'll be fine. Probably not better than Dallas and OKC, but I still think we can contend in the West.

Because Mike Bibby is currently the Knicks backup PG..I've never seen you play basketball in my life and I'd feel more comfortable with you as the Knicks backup PG than I am with Mike Bibby
laugh.gif

roll.gif
 I'm 6'8...got that magic johnson flow! LOL

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

He did...but he is the comish...maybe he made them take this deal. I don't understand how yesterday they wouldn't give up both and today they do....hmmmm
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

If that bulging disc problem is fake and just a ploy so teams won't bid on him that's a smart move better players should be using.
laugh.gif

I wish the Knicks could sure up our back court with a guy like O.J.

Originally Posted by LVJordan238

but I don't see why they did this deal unless they know he's going to re-sign.

"As part of the deal, Paul has agreed to not opt out of his contract after this season – allowing the Clippers to keep him at least through the 2013-14 season."

After CP3's 'WoW' tweet, this is hilarious.
roll.gif

Only thing that would make it funnier is if a random player, or Chris Paul, tweeted him "LOL."

Back
Top Bottom