☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

I'm dumb and forgot about Caron. Yeah, they won't be bad. Their D should be good, they just need some more height.

1323909973-U12230.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

I think the Clips could reach the ECF possibly.  Type of team I could see grabbing a 6 seed than knocking out a team or two they were suppose to lose to.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I think the Clips could reach the ECF possibly.  Type of team I could see grabbing a 6 seed than knocking out a team or two they were suppose to lose to.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PMatic

1323909973-U12230.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

If Clippers match up against maybe the Spurs, then yea. 

I think "Knicks 2.0" is the most accurate prediction. The media will hype them up all season because of the highlights, but they might not even make it out of the 1st round just like NY didn't.5th or 6th seed.

The one time Chris Paul ever had any semblance of talent they went to Game 7 of the WCF.

Now they the Knicks of last year?

They're better than the Knicks last year. Knicks had huge, huge holes and everyone knew it.

if DeAndre Jordan is even remotely close to what his new contract says he should be, that's a pretty solid team and could see them winning a 4/5 1st rnd playoff series. Anything beyond that is really overachieving tho.

http://twitter.com/TrueHoop
Henry Abbott: Stern on idea he killed Lakers/Rockets deal to make CBA or NBA look good: "That was wild speculation and it was untrue."
I like how now that Paul is traded for a lot of assets Stern can act as if the off season was all roses for the NBA owning the Hornets and his reputation is untarnished
laugh.gif
Son gonna outright deny all the statements and rumors around the vetoed trade and when the season is done claim it was yet another success during his tenure as commish.

It's very important that DJ cuts back on the fouls. With him off the floor they'll struggle even more defensively.

Being that this team hasn't played yet, on paper they have very similar depth with two stars as the Knicks.
The Knicks had what? Billups, Fields, Melo, sometimes Williams/Jeffries, Amare, Turiaf, Douglas, Bill Walker/Mason

Clippers got CP3, Billups, Butler, Griffin, Jordan, Mo (probably amnestied), Bledsoe, Foye

Neither team had any big men on the bench. Clippers PF/C combo will definitely be better. Clippers defense will be better as well and both benches were/are weak. Not sure how Billups at SG will work either which is a hole. Clippers main issues is at SG and frontcourt depth. Who backs up Butler? Will they run a 3 guard lineup like Dallas? With the first pre-season game being what? Friday and the first game being next Sunday, they don't have much time to get things together. Not to mention, if they still plan on moving players or signing other guys for depth, that will slow things up a bit. They have holes too that just can't be fixed by adding some scrubs to the bench. They need a legit 3rd big that can start if Griffin/Jordan goes down (especially with Jordan probably getting in foul trouble every game), they need a legit SG and need to find out what happens to Mo/Bledsoe/Foye/Billups. They have a bunch of guards and no SF/PF/C's. Once that happens, my prediction may jump.

Of course, I have to see them on the court first though. I'll definitely be watching to see all that action 
sick.gif
, but will have to see how serious this team is about winning.

This really reminds me of the Carmelo trade last year. The Nuggets really shined last year and played better after Melo bounced. I think the Hornets could be a really interesting team this year. And IMO the Clippers way overpaid for Paul. Gordon, Kaman, and Aminu are some really solid players

stern sounded real sincere about keeping the hornets down here on that conference call...he sounded like a jerk overall tho

i really wanna see how this ownership thing plays out.

LOL @ this whole board last year saying "all the Clippers need is a SF".....fast forward a year later and they have Caron Butler at SF and the best point guard in a league, and now people are laughing at the notion that they're a contender. They also have two tradeable assets in Mo Williams and Eric Bledsoe which can bring them an extra SG or big man.

I just hope people realize that Chris Paul made Aaron Gray, Jason Smith, Marco Bellinelli and Willie Green look like capable NBA players.

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

This really reminds me of the Carmelo trade last year. The Nuggets really shined last year and played better after Melo bounced. I think the Hornets could be a really interesting team this year. And IMO the Clippers way overpaid for Paul. Gordon, Kaman, and Aminu are some really solid players

Kaman is never healthy on the last year of his deal and wasn't going to be resigned.

Gordon is really good but he isn't a franchise player.

Aminu sucks from what I've seen. I've never seen a rookie be that bad then develop into something great.

The trade basically was Gordon and maybe a lottery pick for CP3.

I like Gordon quite a bit but if CP3 passes his physical I do it 10/10 times.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Not trying to troll or anything, but.....
What makes this team that much different than the 07-08 and 08-09 Hornets when they had Paul, Mo Pete, Peja, West and Chandler? Peja was good for about 17 a game, West was good for about 20 and 9. Chandler was Chandler. Those 3 guys just may add up to the same production Butler, Griffin and Jordan would give you. Of course, Griffin's game may reach an elite level playing with CP3. Paul was probably a little better back then as well (pre-injury). They did almost make the WCF as well.

At this point, I say the Clippers make it to the 2nd round and depending on who they play, the WCF may be a realistic goal. As of now (before seeing any teams on the court), I still think OKC and Memphis are better once you factor in chemistry and being top defensive teams. I'm all for better competition though because I'm tired of seeing the same teams compete. The new contenders out West can be the Clippers, Memphis and OKC compared to the Lakers, Spurs and Mavs. It'll be good to see you.
There is no difference it's the same team just this one will have more flashy dunks but will still not be a serious title contender.

Big move for the Clippers. Donald finally did something right.

If the Lakers think like me, they'd make a push for the now expendable Eric Bledsoe.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Being that this team hasn't played yet, on paper they have very similar depth with two stars as the Knicks.

There's a difference between a top 5 player in the league (CP3) paired with a guy who will probably be top 10 this year (Blake) and two guys in the 15-20 range (Amare and Melo).

That Knicks 2.0 comparison is ******ed. Yeah the Clippers also have Billups.....but he's the BACKUP. That Knicks team was full of chucks, selfish players that play no defense. There's not a single selfish player on the Clippers, and Chris Paul, Butler and Jordan are great defensive players. C'mon man....that Knicks team was starting Turiaf, Mozgov and Shawne Williams at center throughout the year....

good trade for both teams. clippers had to make this move.

but
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ all this clippers taken over LA talk.

they better get a new HC ASAP tho.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

LOL @ this whole board last year saying "all the Clippers need is a SF".....fast forward a year later and they have Caron Butler at SF and the best point guard in a league, and now people are laughing at the notion that they're a contender. They also have two tradeable assets in Mo Williams and Eric Bledsoe which can bring them an extra SG or big man.

I just hope people realize that Chris Paul made Aaron Gray, Jason Smith, Marco Bellinelli and Willie Green look like capable NBA players.
+1

Back
Top Bottom