☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

[font=Tahoma, sans-serif]I'm sorry but Lebron being supposedly more clutch than Bryant is absurd. Of course Kobe's percentage is going to be low because he has taken more than any one of those guys in that list. Stats, numbers don't lie but they are not the only thing that matters. There is no way I trust Lebron, Marion, my man Eddie Jones over Kobe in the closing minutes of a very close game. [/font]

Originally Posted by PMatic

@Monroe_SA Update on TJ Ford injury: Torn left hamstring, out 4-6 weeks

eyes.gif

Put back dunk of the season thus far..... straight tea bagged Johnson
laugh.gif

Rick got ejected eh?

Inspired our boys.

Stepped out for a bite to eat and our coach is gone.
laugh.gif

Marion playing in the past.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

laugh.gif

This is play is how I know I'm getting old. Instead
eek.gif
at the play I'm shaking my head at the tech.

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

laugh.gif

This is play is how I know I'm getting old. Instead
eek.gif
at the play I'm shaking my head at the tech.

30t6p3b.gif
Ya......... but I feel like he didn't even do anything

James Harden

Among shooting guards who have played more than five games and didn't visit a German knee doctor this past summer, Harden is first in PER. He's also nearly leading the Thunder in the same category, which is pretty impressive considering the two other All-Stars on the roster. Harden continues to refine his pick-and-roll wizardry, sharply upping his efficiency through the first 11 games. Harden's 19.5 assist ratio is almost in point guard territory, while his 22.7 points per 40 minutes signify his evolution into an A-list primary scoring threat.

The real kicker, though, is the efficiency. Harden's 65.3 TS% is the best of any player with a usage rate above 20 and more than five games played; he's drawing 6.8 free throw attempts per game despite taking nearly half his shots from beyond the 3-point line, producing a lethal cocktail of high-value scoring chances.

and i felt like a homer for suggesting that IF kobe didn't go to the olympics that i would replace him with harden over iggy and eric gordon.. considering the teams would have more than enough PGs AND the limited options at SG..

and considering there are likely to be 3 small forwards on the roster AT THE LEAST (lebron, KD and carmelo), iggy becomes a bit redundant

btw, again the 3 players i suggested who weren't are previous teams were harden, aldridge and bynum

And both teams are absolutely gassed.

Terrible defense on both ends. Tons of flat jumpers out there.

Thank God JET has some energy left.

All-Suspected Surprises team

James Harden

Among shooting guards who have played more than five games and didn't visit a German knee doctor this past summer, Harden is first in PER. He's also nearly leading the Thunder in the same category, which is pretty impressive considering the two other All-Stars on the roster. Harden continues to refine his pick-and-roll wizardry, sharply upping his efficiency through the first 11 games. Harden's 19.5 assist ratio is almost in point guard territory, while his 22.7 points per 40 minutes signify his evolution into an A-list primary scoring threat.

The real kicker, though, is the efficiency. Harden's 65.3 TS% is the best of any player with a usage rate above 20 and more than five games played; he's drawing 6.8 free throw attempts per game despite taking nearly half his shots from beyond the 3-point line, producing a lethal cocktail of high-value scoring chances.

Byron Mullens

The most shocking moment of the season for me came in the Charlotte-Cleveland game, when Mullens scored on four straight midpost isolations -- the last two coming against Cavs defensive stalwart Anderson Varejao. Yeah, this dude can score. The 7-footer has shown a sweet stroke, shooting 49.5 percent from the floor and making 20 of his 21 free throw attempts; he's also scoring in bunches for the otherwise points-starved Bobcats, pumping in 22.8 points per 40 minutes.

His game still looks a bit one-dimensional, but he's only 22 and has virtually no NBA experience. It seems obvious that the Bobcats need to get him more playing time as the season goes on, and it wouldn't shock me at all if he's starting by midseason.

Ian Mahinmi

His brief NBA career has produced good enough per-minute stats that it seemed he'd be a productive regular once he got the chance. Well, the numbers don't lie. Mahinmi's TS% is a blistering 70.4, which one might write off as a fluke except that he's never been below 64.5 in four NBA seasons. He's a somewhat disastrous ball handler and commits a foul every six minutes, which may hamper him from taking Brendan Haywood's starting job even though he's badly outplaying him. But with Tyson Chandler's departure opening minutes for Mahinmi in the middle, he's taking full advantage and establishing himself as a very solid frontcourt weapon.

.J. White

Notice something about the last four players on this list? Sam Presti drafted all four. Mahinmi was a snag from France when Presti worked for the Spurs; Mullens and White were late first-round picks in Oklahoma City that the Thunder traded when they couldn't wriggle their way into that team's deep rotation, and Harden, of course, was a lottery pick three years ago.

White is the least heralded of the bunch, but his per-minute stats always had indicated he would be an effective player if he played. Now that he's paying, that's bearing out. His 15.9 points and 9.2 boards per 40 minutes are almost exactly what he did in limited minutes last season, and his shooting percentages have held solid, too. He's not an elite athlete and doesn't have much upside to improve upon beyond this point, but he's a smart, low-mistake role player who can't be left open. Every team in the league could use a guy like him. 

in presti we trust

You have to give Iggy credit for the job he did locking up guys like Kleiza defensively. The increased physicality of FIBA makes our athleticism deadly defensively. Westbrook and Gordon were straight handcuffing dudes too.

I know everyone wants to bring him, but I just don't see Blake Griffin's usefulness.

For centers, I'd maybe bring one 7fters. You don't need a true center to guard Euro centers. You can get away, in fact give yourself the advantage by, playing a LeBron or Durant at the 5 and 4 together.

My favorite thing about those games though was the moving screen up the entire length of the court though after centers in bound the play then "accidentally" just run up the court clearing a path for the guard to follow behind them

laugh.gif
at Danny Green standing over Lowry then extending the hand to help him up so he doesn't get a T

Stop trying to drive on the whole team Lowry. You're like 6'2

When you go to someone in the clutch, you go to Dirk.

pimp.gif

He does the right thing, he either gets that open shot, or goes to the rim.

Atta boy Dirk.

Back
Top Bottom