☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by CP1708

OKC is runnin a clinic on how to get it done. 
30t6p3b.gif

I wanted Russ in LA in 2014. 
tired.gif

Tssssst how in the hell did they get him to do that? Especially in this day and ate where people want every red cent
eek.gif
They got the happy medium in terms of an extension. He wasn't going to get Derrick Rose money, so the number makes sense. However, they have to deal with extensions for Ibaka and Harden next year (I believe), which isn't going to be easy.

Ibaka as is, seems to probably be worth the MLE. Of course someone would/will offer 50-60 million.

If he makes an All NBA team this season which by all accounts he seems headed for then by definition of the "Derrick Rose" rule he would be eligible for that type of money.  Not saying they were going to give it to him, I'm just saying.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Great for OKC and Westbrook.

What will be truly amazing is how much they eventually have to pay Harden and Ibaka. If you can really get those two to buy into the team over themselves and take less to all stay together, that would be huge. Harden will command big money, but it will be interesting how much both sides compromise on his value, especially if he stays as the 6th man (where he should stay I think).

I don't know how much this will silence critics who claim there's internal conflicts with OKC, Russ, and Durant, but it should show that all sides are confident enough right now. I've said before, but I'm more concerned about their lack of interior scoring than anything involving Westbrook and Durant.

What I wouldn't give for him to come to the crib, hell I'd love for any young capable scoring 2 guard with size (pause) to come to the crib, but with him being a team player as shown by his willingness to come off the bench that'd be even more of a plus.

Harden will be the wildcard. I think Ibaka will be easy to sign.

A lot depends on whether or not Harden wants to start, if he wants to have a bigger role and money. Losing him would be just as big as losing Westbrook for nothing.

Heard Bron LE got the flu........Dude is gonna play his flu game tonight. Yall gon see. dude finna go off on kobe tonight.

NBA TV is airing "The Association: Denver Nuggets" this upcoming Wednesday. 
pimp.gif

I love this program, surprised as hell the Nuggets were chosen for it, though.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

NBA TV is airing "The Association: Denver Nuggets" this upcoming Wednesday. 
pimp.gif

I love this program, surprised as hell the Nuggets were chosen for it, though.

def gonna catch that, very good show
pimp.gif

What I wouldn't give for him to come to the crib, hell I'd love for any young capable scoring 2 guard with size (pause) to come to the crib, but with him being a team player as shown by his willingness to come off the bench that'd be even more of a plus.

I hadn't thought about how amazing he would be there... now I have even more reason to hope he stays.
Originally Posted by Al3xis

Ibaka as is, seems to probably be worth the MLE. Of course someone would/will offer 50-60 million.
I agree. Unless he makes some drastic improvements to his offensive game, I think he ends up getting overpaid.

Originally Posted by sensation87

It is smart of Ainge to think about breaking up that core group. It will be interesting what kind of deals he could get back for any of the Big 3.
http://espn.go.com/boston...boston-celtics-big-three

I would think about breaking them up depending on what happens in the playoffs this Spring. You have to remember Jeff Green was going to be a vital piece into what Boston was going to do this season and he's done for the season. Ainge jus' has to make the right moves for the bench. Greg Steisma(SP) is developing and I like Etwan Moore, and Avery Bradley's defense is feisty.

I hadn't thought about how amazing he would be there... now I have even more reason to hope he stays.

Don't worry no free agents of value ever come here... Makes no sense though, it actually baffles me.  Oh Well...  *carries on being the black sheep of the NBA*

I agree. Unless he makes some drastic improvements to his offensive game, I think he ends up getting overpaid.
DeAndre Jordan set the bar for guys like Ibaka and McGee.  He'll get something in that 40 mil range. 

I LOVE watching Harden play....he reminds me so much of Manu Ginobili. 

Cake, I could see a guy like Nick Young ending up with the Bulls one way or another.  He's only on a one year deal and is unrestricted next year.  If he isn't traded before then, I could see a team like Chicago going after him. 

CAKE:
CP:
diew its james:
westbrook signs 5 year 80million dollar extension with OKC

http://sports.yahoo.com/n...nder_contract_nba_011912
OKC is runnin a clinic on how to get it done. 
30t6p3b.gif

I wanted Russ in LA in 2014. 
tired.gif

Tssssst how in the hell did they get him to do that? Especially in this day and ate where people want every red cent
eek.gif

There are two conclusions I've arrived at regarding contracts of a player once he blows up.
#1- The dollar amount of the contract; it's a direct reflection of what he really wants in terms of either being among the many championships in league history, or being among the richest in the current league. In this day and age, every top-tier professional athlete understands the reality that he can either have a contract that cripples his team's championship aspirations, or a contract that is more conducive to building a championship roster. To me, contracts like Russy's (and Love's) say "I want my team on top."

#2- The contract doesn't mean the player is going to play with that team for the amount of years that we read the contract is for. Trades happen. We all know this. Even if the trade is in the final year of the contract and the player is disgruntled (Carmelo, CP3, Dwight), trades happen.

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

Originally Posted by srvballer

Kris Humphries is top 5 underrated players in the league

Been tryna say that to my friends all season long.
18 Points, 15 Rebounds, 2 Steals, 4 Blocks last night. Filthy productivity. 
sick.gif
pimp.gif

And people were complaining about why he got $8 Million. Like he hasn't been earning it...
eyes.gif
Yep. He may have been a nieve peon in his "marriage", but dudes been putting in work the last 2 years.

Ska... So what do you make of Pooh's contract? What does that tell you?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Cake, I could see a guy like Nick Young ending up with the Bulls one way or another.  He's only on a one year deal and is unrestricted next year.  If he isn't traded before then, I could see a team like Chicago going after him.  

You know what we were rumored to be looking at him and I'd be perfectly FINE with Nick Young... i wanted us to make a run at him this off-season but figured Wash was going to match anything threw at him.  Now with him being an URA I'd love us to grab him if possible.  Young, Athletic, Can Shoot It, Create His Own, Great Size... Would need to learn how to play "Winning Basketball" and defense though, no offense but you know.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

It's the samething people said all offseason and you see the bulls wanted no parts of young

This. He didn't want to come back to DC. He just didn't have any other choice.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

YO JA I'ma be at the Mavs vs Clips game tomorrow! I'll get a pic with Khloe for ya.

SMH at me going to my 3rd Clips game and not making it to a Kings game yet
frown.gif

Soooo that game was fun
smile.gif
No need to shake your head.
Clips>>>>>SAC Kings
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

First Carmelo Anthony.
Then Derek Fisher.
Now Chauncey Billups.

Jesus Christ man. Three last-second three pointers to kill us.

Where is Marion on these plays?
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Serge will get offered way more than mle, be serious. Big men get paid on an entirely different scale anyways but loook at. D'Andre Jordan getting over 10 mil for 7ppg and 2 blocks. Look at past contracts like Dalembert, Diop, Jerome James, Okafor, etc. in their prime. Srrge is only 22 and already a game changing defender. He makes blocks that not only could other guys not make, but wouldn't atttempt like the game winning block on Nenes dunk attempt last yr in the playoffs. Add to that he already has a respectable perimeter jumpper, somepne will pony up big money.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

First Carmelo Anthony.
Then Derek Fisher.
Now Chauncey Billups.

Jesus Christ man. Three last-second three pointers to kill us.

Where is Marion on these plays?
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
GG bud 
wink.gif

CAKE:
Ska... So what do you make of Pooh's contract? What does that tell you?
Happy medium. That extension could have definitely been for a lot less, prompting all of us to think "Damn, dude REALLY wants a championship!", and he definitely could have insisted (and gotten) a lot more, prompting all of us to think that he's just another one of those "I'm trying to get paid, @#%+ what you heard" type of players. But his current contract + extension? Happy medium, in my opinion.

I'll say this, too: if one were to think that his contract is a little bloated and/or that it cripples the team's chances of real success, I would contend that he's earned it, and I'm not talking about just stats. Remember that one time when he put that one teammate on blast and there was a clear and definite rift between him and that teammate? Yeah, I don't remember that either. Or remember when he was just being a straight up *%$ because he didn't like the coach? Yeah, I don't remember that either. Dude puts up numbers that help you win, has an attitude that will keep the Bulls* on top for a good minute, and has a contract that I think is a happy medium between underpaid/bloated.

*And the reason I say 'keep the Bulls on top' and not 'keep his team on top' is because I really do think he is committed to the Bulls, even past the end of his contract. Suffice it to say, I think the Bulls have a really, really good thing in Rose, and I'm positive that also played into the extension of damn near $100m.

Back
Top Bottom