☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Who wants to join Kobe in 3 years though?

That is not attractive at all. and I'm not one of those guys every year saying Kobe is done just to see him play on a high level but c'mon, 2015? Really? Some of those players would fair better joining the Clippers.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Originally Posted by University of Nike

But Captain Save-a-Knick...no one cares about Danny Granger, though. No one has said "Danny Granger is just as good offensively, if not better, than Kevin Durant."

How many people said that Carmelo>Durant? 4-5 stupid NT'ers?
Wayyyyy more than that
laugh.gif

That thread was right before the season if I can recall correctly. I'ma gravedig that thread now as a matter of fact
laugh.gif

I know I said ir... and I feel foolish for his performance this season yet thrilled at the same time
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

No, Blake can play the four with Love at three just fine.

Bigger question is where do you fit Wade and LeBron into the picture.

Don't forget about Ricky Rubio, Chris Paul, and Deron Williams. They need minutes on the Lakers too.

That's why we have a bench. 
wink.gif

Relax JPZ, relaaaaaaaaax.

Bron took that 3 year deal too, look how well that turned out. 
laugh.gif

And oihdfpuiahhdgpiuha, Kobe in 2015 > Clippers.  Come on man.    

Originally Posted by xbiker47

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Rubio should easily be #1 on any rookie list

Easily huh? I'm a Rubio fan, but you can't completely ignore what Irving is doing. Their teams have almost identical records! Not to mention, Irving is leading that D league team. For them to have 7 wins right now is very good. You can make an argument that Rubio should be #1, but easily is not the word to use.

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

http://niketalk.yuku.com/...p-5-in-the-league?page=1

Ya'll lucky this joint locked...

Damn, I was wondering where this thread went.
30t6p3b.gif

I just read all 12 pages of that thread and the majority of the people were arguing that Durant>Melo..There were maybe 4 guys total over those 12 pages saying Carmelo was the better player..it just seemed like there was a lot more because it was the same dudes consistently posting a rebuttal to something somebody else said about Melo

I'm just saying who would you rather join, especially if Paul and Blake stay. Kobe alone aint gonna be a good enough draw for some of those guys who would be entering their prime at that time

Also, Westbrook with Kobe? Is Kobe gonna publicly announce it's Russ' team? Some of the Russ and KD conflict is created out of thin air, just imagine it with Kobe. It'd be worse than it was with Shaq.

Name not changing any time soon
laugh.gif

At least Kyrie can score. Rubio is working with a lot more, and Kyrie ain't got the guys around him to get monster assists. Rubio's shot is mad streaky.

Rubio has the media on his side and has been in the basketball spotlight since he was 15. It's no secret why he's getting more attention than Irving. 
Don't matter tho. Unless he hits a serious wall...Irving will be holding up that Rookie of the Year trophy come end of the year.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

I'm just saying who would you rather join, especially if Paul and Blake stay. Kobe alone aint gonna be a good enough draw for some of those guys who would be entering their prime at that time

Also, Westbrook with Kobe? Is Kobe gonna publicly announce it's Russ' team? Some of the Russ and KD conflict is created out of thin air, just imagine it with Kobe. It'd be worse than it was with Shaq.

Name not changing any time soon
laugh.gif

Well, we're talkin about 2014 or whatever, I don't have Kobe in mind as anything more than Reggie Miller at the end of his career.  Shot here, shot there, but not the same Reggie (or Kobe) as they used to be. 

Reggie had Ron, JO, etc, but Reggie was still the face of the team, just not even close to the best player, that's what we'll be doing when we re-stock the shelves.  It won't be to play with Kobe, it will be to lead the LA Lakers, not exactly the Clippers, if you get my meaning. 

From what we know of Kobe...I really don't think we'll ever see him play if he's not able to play at a really high level. Can't see him still playing when he gets to the point where he's only capable of being a cog in the system. His mentality suggests when he decides to call it quits he'll do it while still being able to play on a high level.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

I want Rose to sit like 4 more games. I understand we already dont have great chemistry but his being tenative the whole game isnt gone work

He had 16 pts in the 1st qter... I wouldn't exactly call that being tentative the whole game G... now his performance afterwards... But Ronnie was hooping so I guess they were trying to let him do work.  I can't excuse his 2 point 4th qter because that's money time and he's been great during money time.

That's a testament to how good he is period, but I know you saw that missed layup on possession # 1 right. But his finishing around the hole is what is making him seem tentative the whole game. He is a gamer and he isnt gone make it an excuse but its an issue. He has to be healthy, or it has to not be in his mind. Right now its neither, so sit him. Ronnie was going hard last night, CJ is more comfortable in at minimum 20 minutes a game and 4 more games isnt gone hurt anyone.
On a side note Does Danny Granger do anything for Indiana besides make the learning curve for Paul George becoming an elite scorer in this league longer? Honestly he shoots a bunch of jump shots, plays minimal D, and really doesnt fit where they are going. Then again we all know they are gone play out the year, and try and get Eric Gordon. Come this offseason they are probabily going to trade Granger, move EG into that scoring spot George at the 3 and try and upgrade at PG. via a Collison and Granger package. Personally I would get a Deron Williams deal done today.

Collison and Granger would get it done.

Idk, I think Kobe might have that Jordan/Favre syndrome where he felt that killer instinct all those years where he was a major competitor in the league, that even when his body keeps telling him "Son, just let it go..." his mind keeps saying "You're really gonna go out like that??" and he keeps playing.

We ain't seen someone like Kobe Bryant in a long time. Not only is he getting older, but he's getting older and has been extremely durable throughout his career. Jordan you can say the same, but he went away for a few years each time. Kobe ain't taking no time off. He's going to keep playing. And keep playing. He's going to keep playing until he just can't anymore.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

I want Rose to sit like 4 more games. I understand we already dont have great chemistry but his being tenative the whole game isnt gone work

He had 16 pts in the 1st qter... I wouldn't exactly call that being tentative the whole game G... now his performance afterwards... But Ronnie was hooping so I guess they were trying to let him do work.  I can't excuse his 2 point 4th qter because that's money time and he's been great during money time.

Personally I would get a Deron Williams deal done today.

Collison and Granger would get it done.
NT has to chill with these fantasy trades.
I'm sure you know Deron wouldn't sign no extension in Indiana. 

We ain't seen someone like Kobe Bryant in a long time. Not only is he getting older, but he's getting older and has been extremely durable throughout his career. Jordan you can say the same, but he went away for a few years each time. Kobe ain't taking no time off. He's going to keep playing. And keep playing. He's going to keep playing until he just can't anymore. 

Exactly. I can't ever see Kobe stepping on the floor when's no longer "the man". I can't see him going out like Ewing, Shaq, Hakeem, etc. 
Edit - I know Kobe came in early and Wade was a year behind in HS and came out as a JR in college...but doesn't it seem WEIRD AS HELL to think that Kobe is only 3 years older than Wade? 

David Kahn strikes again. How do you give Love the opportunity to opt out after year 3? SMH. & Love wanted the 5 year deal if I'm not mistaken.
30t6p3b.gif

The way Kobe used to talk earlier in his career. I thought he would be done with the NBA by now. I think that at the end of this contract he goes to Italy to play. I could see him as a player/ owner/ coach. And him playing for Italy in an Olympic tournament.  That's almost a definite if he wins another title or 2.

And him playing for Italy in an Olympic tournament. 
Do you know how FIBA rules work? 

The way Kobe used to talk earlier in his career. I thought he would be done with the NBA by now. I think that at the end of this contract he goes to Italy to play. I could see him as a player/ owner/ coach. And him playing for Italy in an Olympic tournament.  That's almost a definite if he wins another title or 2.
I don't buy it. He wants to cement his legacy as best he can, especially with guys like LeBron and Wade teaming up. He wants as many more shots at a championship as he can. He wants to rack up as many more points as he can too.

Originally Posted by xbiker47

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Rubio should easily be #1 on any rookie list
I aint see nothing from Kyrie last night in a Knicks loss where before the game everybody was saying he was gonna go off cuz that's what Knicks do when we lose, let players cook. So I'm gonna have to agree, Rubio should be #1 on any rookie list.

@CP With that comparison I can see it and yeah I can see LAL on it's own being the draw but yall gonna need a better coach by then.

Back
Top Bottom