☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

9g8vav.png

I have a morning routine of scanning through various statistical leaderboards to stay on top of the trends across the league. 

One thing struck me this morning: 

The separation between LeBron James' production and the rest of the NBA. 

LeBron ranks first in player efficiency rating (PER) and is head-and-shoulders above the competition, or at least those who have played more than five games (excludes Manu Ginobili). 

In fact, the difference between LeBron James (33.5 PER) and second-place Kevin Durant (26.5 PER) is the roughly the same difference between Durant and Sundiata Gaines (19.4, 52nd place). 

Sundiata Gaines! 

To illustration the separation, I offer you the following chart, which displays PER against minutes per game and colors the players by their age (older the bolder)

[font=verdana, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

Link

If you click the link the data is interactive and you can see the individual players. And yes, before people chime in with anything about postseason or clutch or hairlines, that's not the point.. just the production and efficiency are insane.

No Major Injuries + Highest PER + Receding Hairline = Steroids
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

So now that EJ declined the Hornets extension offer, does he have to accept their offer assuming the Hornets match another teams bid for him in the offseason?

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

So now that EJ declined the Hornets extension offer, does he have to accept their offer assuming the Hornets match another teams bid for him in the offseason?
Yeah, he's restricted.  So if the other team can make it a real poison front loaded contract, like what Portland did to Utah with the Milsap deal, maybe the Hornets decline it, but if they do match, Gordon stays.  With new CBA, not even sure if you can poison it, and hell, since we're talking about Stern's team, who would try to do that without fear of repercussion? 
laugh.gif

Plus maybe the Pacers take a big swing.
That would be awesome. 

Being without the internet for the day seems like an eternity. 
30t6p3b.gif

Anyways, I hate to play the whole "hometown" card, but I imagine the Pacers will go hard after Eric Gordon this summer. It'll be tricky though with Roy Hibbert and George Hill being free agents as well and Danny Granger taking up a lot of the team's salary. They have to find a way to dump Granger on someone so they can sign Gordon and shift Paul George to his natural SF position.

Pacers could lowkey have the deepest team in the league if they find a way to snag EJ and keep Hibbert and Hill. Granger is definitely expendable now that Paul George is coming into his own.

What if he EJ doesn't accept any offers from any team would he end up like Nick Young and have to play one more yr for N.O then become an unresricted?

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

What if he EJ doesn't accept any offers from any team would he end up like Nick Young and have to play one more yr for N.O then become an unresricted?
Technically, it could happen but it's unlikely to happen thanks to his injury history (he won't risk signing for only one year) and there will be teams ready to offer him a lump sum of money.

When are JR Smith and co. eligible to come back to the States to play?

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by CP1708

If Bynum ran Memphis and Marc had Kobe, how would their numbers look?  Think about that. 
I don't think Zbo and Bynum would be a good combo together. You would see more isolated post plays than ball movement in the high/low post. Bynum still gets more FGA than Marc playing with Kobe at that. 
Pau all of a sudden became the best or 2nd best PF in the league when he first got to LA. Prior to that, he barely could make an all-star game. Putting nearly identical numbers with an improvement in the rebounding category. When Memphis gives the ball to Marc, they expect him to make a play whether its for others or for himself. If Bynum ran Memphis, it would change up the entire offense because Memphis isn't going to run their offense through him. That would mean more of Mike Conley creating for others.
I don't think Bynum and ZBo would work either, but that's sort of my point, ZBo is out, and Marc is benifitting right now, his numbers will dip when Zach gets back, minus maybe an uptick of assists or an extra rebound or so. 
If he played with Kobe, he'd have even less touches, pretty sure everyone agrees there. 
laugh.gif

Bynum also is playin 3 minutes a night less, but grabbing 2 more boards.  The only thing Marc does better than Drew is pass, and that is not even a question there, Drew isn't sure how to pass or why he should at this point in his career. 

Bynum 16, 12, 2 blocks in 34 minutes
Marc 15, 10, 2.5 in 37 minutes. 

If they switched today, before Zach got back, Bynum's numbers go up, Marc's do not.  Other then rebounding Kobe misses. 
laugh.gif

Can you say that Bynum is a better defensive anchor than Marc right now? I know advanced stats and all that don't tell the story, but Marc is ahead of Bynum right now. They are very close which is why I brought up whether or not Bynum is THAT much better than Marc. I think Marc is a lot closer than people think.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

9g8vav.png

I have a morning routine of scanning through various statistical leaderboards to stay on top of the trends across the league. 

One thing struck me this morning: 

The separation between LeBron James' production and the rest of the NBA. 

LeBron ranks first in player efficiency rating (PER) and is head-and-shoulders above the competition, or at least those who have played more than five games (excludes Manu Ginobili). 

In fact, the difference between LeBron James (33.5 PER) and second-place Kevin Durant (26.5 PER) is the roughly the same difference between Durant and Sundiata Gaines (19.4, 52nd place). 

Sundiata Gaines! 

To illustration the separation, I offer you the following chart, which displays PER against minutes per game and colors the players by their age (older the bolder)

[font=verdana, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

Link

If you click the link the data is interactive and you can see the individual players. And yes, before people chime in with anything about postseason or clutch or hairlines, that's not the point.. just the production and efficiency are insane.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Mo Williams needs to play more. 

First time those words have ever been spoken.

Probably the last, too.

I stand by them words. Chauncey Billups is looking washed-up.

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

With the way the East looks...I really don't think we can say (inset team here) will DEFINITELY beat (insert team here). Even Miami doesn't look like like this dominant team everyone here claimed has a walk to the finals. I seriously believe teams 1-8 are all CAPABLE of beating each other in a 7 game series. I wouldn't even count out the lowly Knicks catching someone slipping in the playoffs.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Bulls/Heat

Everyone else in the East.

Straight up, Shaq is a B.

When you make these little petty "You could have…" statements, you're a B.

Y'all hear him talking about Kenny Smith calling Dwight Howard 'Superman' a few years ago when D12 did his Superman dunk?

"You could have said it in a lower voice tone."

laugh.gif
Eff outta here.
laugh.gif

Damn, JRich aged quick.
eek.gif

I watch him now and I can't believe that's the same dude that was doing the stuff he was doing in the '02 & '03 dunk contests.

Don't want Smith. I want him to go to Chicago. Eric Gordon however will look great in a Cavs jersey, and our paper will be very long this summer. Him and Harrison Barnes would look real nice running with K2

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Damn, JRich aged quick.
eek.gif

I watch him now and I can't believe that's the same dude that was doing the stuff he was doing in the '02 & '03 dunk contests.

32f93de8a1a4.gif

I know it's a stretch, but it could happen, especially if we trade Jamison and Sessions. We have to build the way the Thunder did.

Back
Top Bottom