☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by Just bLAzed

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Originally Posted by Just bLAzed

so after a certain point, you don't want your favorite team to drastically improve its roster? that's pretty pathetic to me
False. I would love them to improve their roster, but not in such a fashion as to where you would bring in the best PG/C in the league to team with the best or second best SG in the league. The spirit of competition is lost in such a scenario. It's just cheap.

Like I said, if Kobe wasn't here, then fine. By all means.

If you would feel joy and not be bothered by getting a title in such a manner, more power to you. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if a majority of Laker fans were the same as you.

like i said, once you think we are at a level where we are in position to win a championship you wouldn't want to improve our team by getting the best PG/C in the league to team up with Kobe because that would make it cheap, right? therefore, after that certain point you don't want to improve our team, or you don't want to drastically improve our team

you also realize that this wouldn't be so we could win a championship this season and then let them walk, right? kobe won't be playing forever and the addition of either CP3, D12, or both would put is in good position for the post-kobe lakers. or do you want to let kobe retire and then go out after CP3 and D12?
Kobe still has three more solid years left as a top 5 SG.

Definitely in the next few years, I don't care to see Kobe team up with those two.

Not sure what else there is to say. I mean Kobe is still legit top 5-7 player and probably will be going into the next season. CP3 and Howard are top 5-7. That's about as lame as you can get if they were to team up this year. Besides that, this would be a much better fit than Miami's Big Three.

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

It's outright shameful that there are countless Laker fans who are clamoring for both CP3 and Howard.

What a disgrace.

They would really appreciate a title with Kobe/CP3/Howard? Seriously?
tired.gif
indifferent.gif

Most of them were probably the same ones criticizing the death out of Miami's teaming up last summer

It would be a disgrace to the NBA, a disgrace to the game of basketball and a disgrace to professional sports for both CP3 and Howard to join Kobe. I'd still have people telling me Kobe wasn't the most helped superstar in league history.
QFT!

LeBron will now never win a ring. The guy who started this mess and fiasco would be doomed. The Heat's Big Three would have no shot to match up with the Lakers "Perfect 3".
Hope it doesn't happen, hope my city gets CP3, but its true, the Lakers BIG 3 vs the Knicks BIG 3, not comparable. Melo & Kobe may cancel each other out on offense, but defense and court awareness, no way. Also D12 dominates and sits on Amare's game, D12 can easily be the most valuable player in the league, big men are the rarest of them all. His defense & rebounding doesn't come along very often, never mind you his offensive capabilities have improved.

Originally Posted by JDiddy

The league needs more players like Steve Nash and Grant Hill. Just sayin.

Would have been much more noble and less homerish of you to say Derrick Rose or hell even Amare. But you're right
laugh.gif

Edit: And let's not forget, Hill did team up with TMac... not a superteam, but the original plan was to team up with another star. Not a sin, just sayin

All of you realize that none of this is never going to happen...as a Laker fan I would love for it to happen...as a basketball fan not so much...but the basketball I fell in love with died when the money got into it...

Money and power rule the game of basketball, sadly most of the purity in it is gone...this is nothing but smoke and propaganda...its funny how this "story" just came out of nowhere. I hope its realized that the League still owns the Hornets...I really doubt they would let their league-wide competitiveness go to shambles all in one swoop

(Of course the Laker fan in me quietly hoping this will happen to see the looks on all the laker hater faces.....but i digress

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Or, you coulda said Tim Duncan and Dirk Nowitzki, you know, the obvious choices.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
true

Although Timmy should have never had a reason to leave

Dirk, you could kind of say the same thing, but you're right overall.

To be fair to LeBron, and CP3 and to an extent Howard, I wouldn't say their respective front offices did the best jobs. Especially Cleveland and NO's. There's a stark contrast between how SA/Dallas are run compared to Cleveland and NO's. 7 years of what exactly surrounded LBJ? ORL making ridiculous signings and trades... smh

As fans that dream of stars playing for our teams, we quickly wanna believe any story we hear involving our team getting a superstar..But getting our hopes up without any concrete evidence is stupid..the Knicks and Lakers are home to 2 of the biggest fan bases in the NBA..Even when the Knicks sucked they were selling out home games fairly often..And the Lakers have a fan base all across the nation so of course ESPN/Yahoo Sports, etc. would take advantage of that by constantly citing "sources" that claim that both of these teams have a shot at landing a great player any time one of them is available. They said Melo to LA, LeBron to NY, etc. just because they know we'll eat that up and keep checking their website to see if a deal was done..More hits for them=more money in their pockets...Sports media is a business just like any other form of journalism, so don't get too excited with imaginary trade scenarios (this goes for my fellow Knicks fans as well..not discriminating)

I knew this guy was gonna get paid. I expect him to end up at around 10 million a year. Meaning that indeed Chandler and Nene are about to cash in....

The Clippers have offered DeAndre Jordan a five-year, $40 million offer, according to sources.

Jordan, a restricted free agent, may still sign an offer sheet with a higher dollar amount that forces the Clippers to match.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports (via Twitter)

Read more: http://basketball.realgm....eAndre_Jordan_Five_Year_$40M_Deal#ixzz1fkGE4jc

About time we get some news of potential signings.

And if Sterling would hand out that cash to DeAndre, you don't think he would to Chris Paul?
grin.gif

40/5 years is about right for DeAndre though.

Looks like Chicago is turning their attention to Josh Howard, who I think could be EXCELLENT for them. Much better options, and cheaper options, than Vince or Jason.

He's a damn good shooter for a guy so versatile capable of slashing.

He'd be a great fit, and wouldn't hurt them on D.

Read it & weep some NT'ers NBA fans:
The Lakers will not visit every NBA city because they play only 18 games against Eastern Conference teams this season. They will not play at Chicago, New Jersey, Charlotte, Indianapolis, Atlanta and one other East city.

The Lakers travel to Boston, Miami and Orlando but don't play the Magic at Staples Center. They face every West team three or four times.

Link:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakers-20111206,0,3081429.story

Sources: Mavs saving room for run at D-Will

Tyson Chandler's hunch that he'll be wearing a new uniform soon could prove to be true. And it may have nothing to do with Chandler and everything to do with Deron Williams.

With serious interest registered from the Nets, Golden State, Houston and Sacramento, four teams with cap space and flexibility, the man who served as the glue for the Mavericks' 2011 NBA title could be slipping away -- but for reasons that go well beyond the uncertain free-agent market for Chandler himself.

The Mavs are in no rush to pony up a max offer to retain Chandler, largely because they want to maintain flexibility for next summer's free-agent class -- which just happens to include Dallas' own Williams, multiple sources told CBSSports.com. While much of the speculation in this five-day run-up to the start of free agency Friday has centered around 2012 free agents Chris Paul and Dwight Howard, Williams' situation is in many ways more intriguing.

"Everything is sort of stuck because of Chris and Dwight," one agent said Monday.

Add Deron to that list.

The Nets traded Derrick Favors, Devin Harris and two first-round picks to Utah for Williams in February and are in the process of trying to assemble enough talent around him to keep him with the team when it moves to Brooklyn next season. Like Paul and Howard, Williams has an early-termination option that would make him an unrestricted free agent on July 1. Williams already has indicated he will not sign an extension this season, just as Paul and Howard will not. Howard remains intent on finding his way to Los Angeles to join the Lakers, while Paul has his sights set on New York -- though he remains open to a trade that would team him up with Howard in Orlando.

Williams spoke with members of the New York-New Jersey media Monday and proclaimed in a radio interview on New York's WFAN that there's a 90 percent chance he stays with the Nets. New Jersey has expressed interest in free agents Chandler, Nene and Caron Butler, but the big prize that would make D-Will's decision to stay on the East Coast a no-brainer would be a trade for Howard -- a tantalizing scenario that could play out one way or another by the end of the week.

New rules that dampen the home team's advantage in offering its own prospective free agent a significantly larger extension -- and essentially take away the extend-and-trade and sign-and-trade safety nets -- are expected to force the Hornets and Magic to make quick decisions on how to handle Paul's and Howard's impending free agency. The Nets, having given up so many assets for Williams, are in a position to be more patient and do everything possible to entice their star to stay put.

But if the Nets are unsuccessful in their efforts to land Howard -- Brook Lopez, first-round picks and absorbing Hedo Turkoglu's contract doesn't figure to be enough -- then Williams will have an interesting decision to make come July 1. And the buzz among front-office executives Monday was that Dallas owner Mark Cuban would be in a position to sell Williams on taking less money to play in his hometown.

Once Williams becomes a free agent, he could get a five-year, $100 million deal to stay with the Nets. Signing with Dallas would net Williams only a four-year, $74 million deal. How much playing in his hometown is worth to Williams would depend, in part, on what pieces the Nets surround him with between now and then.

Of the teams expected to contend for a championship this season, only Dallas would have the cap space to sign a max player next summer and still have room to do more. If the Mavs used the amnesty provision on Brendan Haywood next summer, they'd be more than $21 million under the cap -- with Dirk Nowitzki still around, draining jumpers.

Jason Terry and Jason Kidd come off the books after the season, and the Mavs will want their Hall of Fame point guard to pass the torch to a star in his prime and keep Nowitzki in the hunt for more titles during the final two years of his contract. In addition to Williams, Paul and Howard, the 2012 free-agent class is loaded with attractive restricted free agents, such as Russell Westbrook, Eric Gordon, O.J. Mayo and George Hill -- not to mention Derrick Rose, who nobody envisions leaving Chicago.

So the lackluster nature of this free-agent class compared to next summer's, combined with confusion about the new rules and an unwillingness to be the team that sets the market, have slowed the activity with four days to go before camps and free agency officially open. Also, don't underestimate how the shortened season provides an incentive for teams to pass on significant moves now when July 1 is only a few months away.

The biggest impediment to the wheeling and dealing in 2011 has everything to do with 2012 and beyond.
Link

Ken Berger was the first guy that reported D-Will wanted to go to New York. Of course he got traded to Jersey less than a week later.
laugh.gif

Bulls play Miami 4 times this year.

I wouldnt be opposed to Josh Howard but i still would rather have Caron first

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

1b. Tyson Chandler
You know what you're getting with the 29-year-old Chandler, the emotional leader and defensive anchor of the 2011 champs. Basically, it's a slightly poor man's version of 2008 KG without a low-post game. Because of his injury history, I wouldn't go higher than four years, $55 million for him (and even that would make me nervous). Of course, someone will creep closer to that $74.3 million limit … and at that point, you're crossing your fingers and hoping for four healthy years from Tyson Chandler.

You know what really fascinates me? Dallas, a team that normally throws money at centers like Pacman Jones making it rain at a strip club, doesn't seem that interested in overpaying Chandler. What do they know? Do they have inside info? Do they think he might break down soon? Note to potential Chandler suitors: If there was ever a time to "pretend" you're in Dallas for the night, invite Mark Cuban out for dinner, put a few drinks in him and eke out his inside Chandler info, it's this week.2

And yet … I still feel like the Mavericks are playing possum here. They wouldn't have beaten Miami without Chandler last year. They know this. They also know that they need to get by Miami THIS year, and if anyone knows how to protect the rim against Miami and get into LeBron's head, it's Tyson Chandler. I can't see them turning that specific responsibility/need/specialty over to Brendan Haywood when they already have that guy and he wants to stay. They just need to get creative; you can't overpay both, but you can overpay one. More on this in a second.

That's kind of what I've been thinking, personally. There's no way that the Mavericks will just walk away without fighting for the guy who was the sole difference.

sole difference? yeah um because it was chandler who decimated the lakers weak defense. it was then chandler who made the thunder choke. and yet again it was chandler who beat the miami heat... not one of the greatest players of all time in dirk...
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

and
laugh.gif
@ lebron being scared of going to the rim because chandler was there lol

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

I do not go by Berger at all. He has continued to hate the nets

Eh in his defense there's always been stuff floating around of him going back home to Dallas.  Especially since Kidd doesn't have a contract after this year.

Back
Top Bottom