☆☆ 2012 NBA Finals ☆☆ The King has been crowned; Heat win 2012 NBA Finals! Bron Finals MVP.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

All I'll say about the Clippers right now is that some of you are really underestimating the addition of the best POINT GUARD in the world. This isn't bringing in a Carmelo Anthony or even a LeBron James; Chris made that team start gelling the second he got there.
this.

and chauncey's craftiness/veteran moxie/ pissed-off-cause-he-got-cut is going to be an asset. he should have one of his most efficient seasons in a while

Originally Posted by CP1708

Ya'll have known for years that Hollinger knows absolutely nothing outside of what his calculator tells him. 
laugh.gif

Bout the only team he got dead on is OKC as the 1 seed.  I agree with that.  Denver at 2 was a bit of a reach.  Isn't half their squad in China? 
A BIT of a stretch? It's a joke.

And Mavericks at #6 is a joke too. When was the last time the Mavericks weren't among the best in the West?
laugh.gif

I'll tell you, before Mark Cuban was around.

And I agree with Kev, with all those guys that could use a PG, there isn't a better one they could have brought in.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

And Mavericks at #6 is a joke too. When was the last time the Mavericks weren't among the best in the West?
laugh.gif
Y'all were the 6th seed 2 years ago. And finished 7th the season before that.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

laugh.gif
Shh, no one was supposed to remember those years.
nerd.gif

Those were still 50-win seasons though, he's saying we're going to drop off and barely be above .500....

laugh.gif

And just lost Chandler, Butler, Peja, Barea, and DeShawn.....

And got a year older

And played more games than most seasons.

It's ain't that far fetched.  You were the 3 seed last year, he has you dropping 3 seeds total dude.  That ain't that bad. 

Not sayin he's right, but if you got the 4-5, he wouldn't be that far off. 

Those were still 50-win seasons though, he's saying we're going to drop off and barely be above .500....
It's pretty far away .500, and only 4 games behind where he has the second spot/6 games behind the first. You say "those were still 50 win seasons" for an 82-game season like you're proud, but are insulted with a projected 39 wins in a 66 game season? They're not that far away from each other.
Originally Posted by PMatic

6. Dallas Mavericks (39-27)
2. Denver Nuggets (43-23)
1. Oklahoma City Thunder (45-21)

laugh.gif
And just lost Chandler, Butler, Peja, Barea, and DeShawn.....

And got a year older

And played more games than most seasons.

It's ain't that far fetched.  You were the 3 seed last year, he has you dropping 3 seeds total dude.  That ain't that bad. 

Not sayin he's right, but if you got the 4-5, he wouldn't be that far off. 
I'm not worrying about the seeding per se, but I'm talking about there being five teams better than the Mavericks

We've been a 50-win team for about 11 seasons in a row now. No, it doesn't mean much, but if we're talking about regular season achievements, that's exactly what we're talking about. I just don't see five teams being better than the Mavericks in the regular season.

And man, get the hell out of here bringing up Caron Butler. You're the one who was balking at me for mentioning him not being a factor if he came back, now you're using him as a weakness that we got?
laugh.gif

Yes, we lost Chandler, it will hurt on defense, but we're better offensively I'd think. At the end of games, we're going to have Kidd, JET, Marion, Odom, and Dirk. That's a hell of a lot of options. We don't get worse on the boards because honestly Haywood isn't much worse as an individual defender or a rebounder, but he isn't nearly as good as a team-defender. He will get lost in the zone more than Tyson would. What was so valuable last year was the depth at Center moreso than having Tyson. I wanted him back, I still want him back. But what I loved was the DEPTH.

We've been getting a year older for the past 5-6 years,
laugh.gif
. I'm not saying we're primed to be the #1 seed, but we have enough vets to make this season successful.

Again, let me reiterate, because I know you love to nitpick certain things I say. What I'm more concerned with is there being five teams better than the Mavericks.

laugh.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

alien.gif

Give me a break...

I would venture the deal would be GV for New Orleans 2nd rd pick (maybe a couple of them) in order to clear cap space to get another big in under the luxury tax.

GV doesn't appear to fit Hollins system. Pargo would be the backup. Selby the emergency 3rd string point (based on Hollins interview that he personally is working with Selby at the point).

Hopefully the Bobcats don't match. I think they already have 15 guys on their roster anyway.  

2n6dfyq.jpg

50 wins in an 82 game season translates to roughly 40 in a 66 game season. He has the Mavs at 39.

Again, let me reiterate, because I know you love to nitpick certain things I say. What I'm more concerned with is there being five teams better than the Mavericks.
OKC, young, Denver, young, Clips, young, Lakers, not young, who was the other?  I already forgot. Oh, Spurs, not young.  He probably feels Dallas will coast and save it for the post. 

Remember, this is NOT a normal year.  Nobody knows how the 66 will affect folks.  Who is in shape, who isn't, etc etc.  It's not a big deal, it really isn't.  (what he thinks, I mean)

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Is James Harden starting this year?

Nope, well he didn't on Saturday anyways. We play again tonight, so we'll see but it seems the plan is to have him in the second unit with Thabo starting. I disagree, but I can see it. I mean in our 2nd unit, nobody creates their own shot or for others but him and Maynor. I mean if the 2nd unit was Maynor, Sefalosha, Cook, Collison, Aldrich, where would points come from? I REALLY wish we grabbed a Jamal Crawford, JR Smith, or somebody. I don't even like Al Harrington, but I'd get him because I like his aggressiveness to score

Originally Posted by rtdix214

Have yall seen the christmas day kobe shoes? Ugly

they are dope. take off the red laces and add either volt or purple or white laces and they would look sick. 
remind me of the old school joker

Remember, this is NOT a normal year.  Nobody knows how the 66 will affect folks. 
Exactly. Trying to predict the final seeding for this season is more of a crap shoot than ever. With how terrible the quality of play has been this season (I know, it's always terrible... but this year it's been unbearable), and the regular season starting in only 5 days, a lot of the "elite" teams could rack up some Ls early on simply because they're not in game shape/form or the chemistry isn't there yet. Then more Ls will come with all the back-to-backs, and the back-to-back-to-backs. A lot of good teams could wind up with a finishing in the bottom half of the conference. All they have to do is make sure they're hitting their stride come playoff time.

Japan balked when I said they wouldn't win 40. Straight up I had them winning 39.
Aside from Denver getting 43, and them and Portland straight up both beating out Houston.
I think Houston still has more talent than Denver, and Portland. Mchale didn't do bad when he coached either.

With Harden its OD at this point....
You really cant tell me that your willing to exchange 5 3rd quarter minutes for 5 first and second quarter minutes. That's the same crap Tibbs did last year with Ronnie Brewer, and it cost them.

As far as a lot of teams struggling early.
Look straight up, I'm fully expecting Pop to rest Parker, Manu, and Duncan for that middle game of the back to back to back.
I legit think Pop is the one guy who is gone play for Home court, while in theory not sacrificing energy levels. Asking Tim Duncan to turn the clock back 4 times this season, is still a reasonable proposition.

I don't know man, maybe yall know better than I do, but I just don't see us as a team that wants to coast. Maybe we fall off. I just don't think we do though. Not that much.

Back
Top Bottom