♔ ~~~~| Celebrites Rockin Heat (fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. 3 | ~~~~ ♔

Status
Not open for further replies.
If MoMo was from DC the foams woulda gave him a ghost ala sixth man once he laced up the peweters.

tumblr_lhtoatCmc91qbhvhko1_500.jpg

By using them correctly, I assume you are talking about being strapped... Being strapped was a sure way to make sure you could make it home with everything you wore to school...

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Those NF bubbles used to get kids mucked after school back in the late 90s...lol

HELLZ yeah......i got tried for mine MULTIPLE times
laugh.gif
, i still got mine as a trophy of never giving it up, but i damn sure got took a lump from gettin jumped

ya gotta undertand....if you had on a northface bubble on in da 90's..you was da shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhit...only thing topping you was having a avirex leather (demi god) or a Vanson (jesus swag

himself in da flesh)

i rather have took a beating & still walk with it, knowing i wasn't a vic instead of walkin da next day to school without it and cats knowin that da rapscallions got me.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Lmao....ima keep t real, my first bubble, I was a freshman in Columbus high, I was in a crowded #*@ staircase, had the +%%!$ coat between my legs while I bent over to tie my laces and some @$!+*!$ dead #*@ snatched the %$%# from me and ran into a crowd...I was left there herbed and in shock...lol...that was the purple and black joint, then I got the blue and black joint and ohh boy did I have my spidersense on everytime I'd be walking around with it by myself...

I got my first vanson sr year...I knew half the school then, no worries
smokin.gif

Being in highschool in the late 90's in NY really made you aware of your surroundings, you walk through the wrong neighborhood alone and you knew it was gonna go down...specially if you had on one of the followingnorth face jacket (bubble, steeptech)Noethface bookbagVanson (increased your chances of getting jumped by 85%)Gold chainFresh pair of kicks (specially if you got them a few weeks early)

Originally Posted by I am Memphis

By using them correctly, I assume you are talking about being strapped... Being strapped was a sure way to make sure you could make it home with everything you wore to school...

roll.gif
I'm dying right now, I wonder how many of us suffered from paranoia while in High School
laugh.gif
Do they still sell the 700's???...I was thinking about getting one this past winter....the memories..

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by you go boy

can't believe these guys are wearing foams on court
laugh.gif
... sure they are durable but they suck performance wise... i used the OG royal foams on court and can't say anything good about them... they are just too heavy to ball in and its not that comfortable to ball in period
30t6p3b.gif
man who told u that lie?

once they're broken in they feel like gloves....

i know broham from first hand experience... like i said i balled in these so i would know

Lmao....ima keep t real, my first bubble, I was a freshman in Columbus high, I was in a crowded #*@ staircase, had the +%%!$ coat between my legs while I bent over to tie my laces and some @$!+*!$ dead #*@ snatched the %$%# from me and ran into a crowd...I was left there herbed and in shock...lol...that was the purple and black joint, then I got the blue and black joint and ohh boy did I have my spidersense on everytime I'd be walking around with it by myself...

I got my first vanson sr year...I knew half the school then, no worries
smokin.gif

Being in highschool in the late 90's in NY really made you aware of your surroundings, you walk through the wrong neighborhood alone and you knew it was gonna go down...specially if you had on one of the following north face jacket (bubble, steeptech) Noethface bookbag Vanson (increased your chances of getting jumped by 85%) Gold chain Fresh pair of kicks (specially if you got them a few weeks early)

lmaoooo ,sounds like stories from my older cousins and uncles, but yea, ##%+ was real in the 90's...luckily by the time I got to highschool, ##%+ wasn't as crazy except for those damn Dominicans and their DDP gang...lol

^^^lol

Let's not forget walking around with a two-way pager....big mistake...specially those pretty blue ones voicestream came out with
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by I am Memphis

roll.gif
I'm dying right now, I wonder how many of us suffered from paranoia while in High School
laugh.gif
Do they still sell the 700's???...I was thinking about getting one this past winter....the memories..
Bro, I nearly got killed for my pair of royal foams in the 9th grade.... Had a pair taken at gun point, got another pair... got chased for them by a group of four... My mom didn't let wear them outside of the front yard after that
laugh.gif
I was one of two at my high school with them, my mom still hates foamposites until this very day because of it. I think this is one of the most memorable pair of shoes I have ever owned, that is why I am obsessed with them. I also had problems with Hilfiger coats, columbia XI's and the orange tuned air air max plus back in the day... Those air max plus just drew so much attention, hell they looked like a tiger on feet
pimp.gif
Wish I could find a DS pair of those tuned air
nerd.gif

These columbia's gave me so many problems on the way home from school back then
laugh.gif
I was doing the no matching thing before it was cool
glasses.gif

Don't laugh at my pic
tongue.gif

^^^ I totally feel you!...but on a sidenote, what happened yo your knee?
nerd.gif

Jk, up until my Senior year, I was a very small dude, but my shoe/jacket game was serious, not a good mix because dudes would always try to herb me...I was jumped twice in my life, once all they got was my northface bag, broad daylight in Fordham, the next time I didn't let them take %@#! but did catch a swift one to my face by one of the dudes...I'm telling you back then if you saw a group of dudes you were better off going around the block...ugh!

In DC it was

North Face Steep Tech: Ninjas was blasting folks and wearing coats with the bullet hole in them.

Jordan XI, XIII,XVI: Equaled death

Ipods: Still get snatched on the train....

Damn son, you went to Columbus...back in the 90s?...
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I know that had to be wild...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

That was my zoned school coming outta middle school (MS.127) in the Spring of 2000, but I heard stories about Columbus and I was like nahhhhh, I aint having that ishhh. Got accepted to Manhattan Center for Science and Math but ended up going to St. Raymond's H.S for Boys across the street from 127...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Columbus H.S? Naaaaa I wasn't about that life...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I knew a couple of heads that went there though (some Parkchester Bloods),  but still I wasn't finna have some B's be my bodyguards cause that's when they start herbing you protecting you and ishhh.

Damn I missed out on some potential experiences in NY...(moved to CT mid way through my freshman year in H.S)...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

For me, I remember dudes getting tried for the Reebok DMX kicks...if you wasn't a blood, and you got caught wearing that...it was a wrap. My mom was insistent that I never wear red, brown, Jordans, Northface, and DMXs because of what had been reported on the news about those specific clothing colors/accessories being targets for bloods...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I just rolled with that psuedo Northface, the Bear ishhh...or was it the Down Under ishhh...can't remember...ishhh was so wack after a few wears I could see the down feathers coming out the seems of the jacket...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

^^^^ is it me or is Wale on the Rick Ross diet??...lol

Unkletom - I graduated Columbus in 2000...went there from 96 to 00, my junior year they had to gate the windows because dudes were getting thrown out the windows, them they had to enforce metal detectors and pat downs...I was in FML mode all through JR year because I had first period (7am)...I had to be in school by 6am because the whole process would take an hour, being outside in the winter is not cool!...once inside it was literally like prison life would be
roll.gif
floors were segregated by race, Dominicans had one floor, blacks had another but Albanians ran %!@@!...I had no problems in HS, I was fortunate enough to meet the right people early on, kept to myself and dudes ne'er %%%+@% with me, but %!@@ was a bit wild...lol...the only incident I had was my bubble getting snatched from me in between periods, dude vanished into the crowd...
roll.gif

Not for nothing but IMO Roosevelt was far worst though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom