Originally Posted by jupiterjaywall

Originally Posted by illphillip

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Juelz dressing like Tyga/Big Sean..

nah he's dressing like a n_ from NYC who grew up in the 90's
True..
but Tyga and Sean brought that style back. imo.
#1-Rappers rarely start trends. They help make them more popular. The trends start in the street.

#2-I doubt 2 rappers 90% of people haven't heard of and couldn't pick out of a Police lineup "brought that style back".
I mean Tyga is way more known than you know. .
and yeah I agree with you and Gordonson.

I'm just saying those are the 3 rappers who have been heavy on it recently.. well Chris isnt a rapper.... technically.
My man, you don't know what I know. Especially when it comes to music.

Tyga is on the come up, but hardly a top of mind artist as far as the general public is concerned.

Cool Kids, Retro Kids etc. set this off way before the guys you mentioned as ninjahood touched upon.

And as Gordonson touched upon, this started in the streets. So if the streets influence the rappers, then the rappers can't influence the streets.

They influence the masses. But they rarely START the trends persay.

No beef man. I think we kind of agree and kind of don't in some ways. All good. Just an alternative perspective.

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Juelz dressing like Tyga/Big Sean..

nah he's dressing like a n_ from NYC who grew up in the 90's
True..
but Tyga and Sean brought that style back. imo.
#1-Rappers rarely start trends. They help make them more popular. The trends start in the street.

#2-I doubt 2 rappers 90% of people haven't heard of and couldn't pick out of a Police lineup "brought that style back".
I mean Tyga is way more known than you know. .
and yeah I agree with you and Gordonson.

I'm just saying those are the 3 rappers who have been heavy on it recently.. well Chris isnt a rapper.... technically.
My man, you don't know what I know. Especially when it comes to music.

Tyga is on the come up, but hardly a top of mind artist as far as the general public is concerned.

Cool Kids, Retro Kids etc. set this off way before the guys you mentioned as ninjahood touched upon.

And as Gordonson touched upon, this started in the streets. So if the streets influence the rappers, then the rappers can't influence the streets.

They influence the masses. But they rarely START the trends persay.

No beef man. I think we kind of agree and kind of don't in some ways. All good. Just an alternative perspective.

So if the streets influence the rappers, then the rappers can't influence the streets.

nah, they both influence each other.

kanye got some of the streets wearing skinny jeans now, or at least way more fitted.

but i agree with you, artists rarely start the trends, cuz kanye bit the whole style off LA indie electro hipsters, he just gets credit for having the balls to bring it to the rap game (for the first time since the early 90's, back then all rappers wore skinny jeans).

my boy is part of the electro group LA Riots, they're huge, tour all over the world, get serious paper. he came and played a gig for me back in 2007 wearing skinny jeans, a deep v-neck, and a cardigan, and everyone had jokes. 3 years later mad people are dressing like that now. he told me the style was hot in LA back then, but it didn't catch on through out the rest of the country for a hot, hot minute. LA and NYC are where the trendsetters reside for the most part, and they're mostly no name nobodies, just someone with a name picks up on it and gets it poppin'.

So if the streets influence the rappers, then the rappers can't influence the streets.

kanye got some of the streets wearing skinny jeans now, or at least way more fitted.

but i agree with you, artists rarely start the trends, cuz kanye bit the whole style off LA indie electro hipsters, he just gets credit for having the balls to bring it to the rap game (for the first time since the early 90's, back then all rappers wore skinny jeans).

my boy is part of the electro group LA Riots, they're huge, tour all over the world, get serious paper. he came and played a gig for me back in 2007 wearing skinny jeans, a deep v-neck, and a cardigan, and everyone had jokes. 3 years later mad people are dressing like that now. he told me the style was hot in LA back then, but it didn't catch on through out the rest of the country for a hot, hot minute. LA and NYC are where the trendsetters reside for the most part, and they're mostly no name nobodies, just someone with a name picks up on it and gets it poppin'.

LOL it is a KNOWN fact that if Ti$a didn't ruin snapbacks and stater jackets ( and I say ruin, because putting his logo on vintage items ruins them)
Tyga, and big Sean wouldn't be wearing any of that stuff.

LOL it is a KNOWN fact that if Ti$a didn't ruin snapbacks and stater jackets ( and I say ruin, because putting his logo on vintage items ruins them)
Tyga, and big Sean wouldn't be wearing any of that stuff.

076914880.jpg

Michelle Wie

13spence-in-beanbag.jpg

no heat just Spencer Hawes in a dipset shirt

gary=payton.jpg

again no heat but Gary Payton rocking some kswiss and a biggie shirt

076914880.jpg

Michelle Wie

13spence-in-beanbag.jpg

no heat just Spencer Hawes in a dipset shirt

gary=payton.jpg

again no heat but Gary Payton rocking some kswiss and a biggie shirt

First all the Yeezy talk.. now it's Vintage x Snapback deal.
C'mon NT..

Lets get back to the topic.
grin.gif

Raekwon
celebrity-feet-raekwon-alife-rivington-club-1-570x379.jpg

Robin Williams in Viotechs
viotech3.jpg

Pharrell in Viotechs
viotech31.jpg

fresh-celeb-pharrell-nike-lunar-2.jpg

Rare picture of Wayne in some Authentic Jordans.
lil-wayne-air-jordan-xviii.jpg

Celebrity-Feet-Teyana-Taylor-Jordan-Brand-Classic-Bowling-Event-1-779077.jpg

Celebrity-Feet-Wale-Air-Max-24-7-11.jpg

kanye-jordan-vi1.jpg

images

em-dress-code.jpg

jordan-quai-54-2009-recap-1.jpg

images

20070319-750-121.jpg

First all the Yeezy talk.. now it's Vintage x Snapback deal.
C'mon NT..

Lets get back to the topic.
grin.gif

Raekwon
celebrity-feet-raekwon-alife-rivington-club-1-570x379.jpg

Robin Williams in Viotechs
viotech3.jpg

Pharrell in Viotechs
viotech31.jpg

fresh-celeb-pharrell-nike-lunar-2.jpg

Rare picture of Wayne in some Authentic Jordans.
lil-wayne-air-jordan-xviii.jpg

Celebrity-Feet-Teyana-Taylor-Jordan-Brand-Classic-Bowling-Event-1-779077.jpg

Celebrity-Feet-Wale-Air-Max-24-7-11.jpg

kanye-jordan-vi1.jpg

images

em-dress-code.jpg

jordan-quai-54-2009-recap-1.jpg

images

20070319-750-121.jpg

...K Swiss, though.

Edit: Juelz RUINED that fit with those True Religions and that glitter belt

...K Swiss, though.

Edit: Juelz RUINED that fit with those True Religions and that glitter belt

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

Jim Jones and Juelz was wearing fitted clothing for a minute like early 2006 i started seeing dude with tight #@! v-necks on and boot cut trues on that look like bell bottoms
laugh.gif
Kanye just odeed taking it to the next level with tight red pants on but no way in hell did he influence anyone in my hood to dress anyway im not sure where jimmy and juelz got the idea from but they in fact set the fitted Clothes template YEARS ago while other dudes around the country where wearing 3 XL dickie suits and $250 mitchell and ness jerseys. IMO ofcourse

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

Jim Jones and Juelz was wearing fitted clothing for a minute like early 2006 i started seeing dude with tight #@! v-necks on and boot cut trues on that look like bell bottoms
laugh.gif
Kanye just odeed taking it to the next level with tight red pants on but no way in hell did he influence anyone in my hood to dress anyway im not sure where jimmy and juelz got the idea from but they in fact set the fitted Clothes template YEARS ago while other dudes around the country where wearing 3 XL dickie suits and $250 mitchell and ness jerseys. IMO ofcourse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom