Bonus

Spike Lee
wearing-brons-nba-lebron7-yankees-01.jpg

Tom Cruise
tom-cruise-lebron-vi1.jpg

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

Originally Posted by illphillip

So if the streets influence the rappers, then the rappers can't influence the streets.

nah, they both influence each other.

kanye got some of the streets wearing skinny jeans now, or at least way more fitted.

but i agree with you, artists rarely start the trends, cuz kanye bit the whole style off LA indie electro hipsters, he just gets credit for having the balls to bring it to the rap game (for the first time since the early 90's, back then all rappers wore skinny jeans).

my boy is part of the electro group LA Riots, they're huge, tour all over the world, get serious paper. he came and played a gig for me back in 2007 wearing skinny jeans, a deep v-neck, and a cardigan, and everyone had jokes. 3 years later mad people are dressing like that now. he told me the style was hot in LA back then, but it didn't catch on through out the rest of the country for a hot, hot minute. LA and NYC are where the trendsetters reside for the most part, and they're mostly no name nobodies, just someone with a name picks up on it and gets it poppin'.

Jim Jones and Juelz was wearing fitted clothing for a minute like early 2006 i started seeing dude with tight #@! v-necks on and boot cut trues on that look like bell bottoms
laugh.gif
Kanye just odeed taking it to the next level with tight red pants on but no way in hell did he influence anyone in my hood to dress anyway im not sure where jimmy and juelz got the idea from but they in fact set the fitted Clothes template YEARS ago while other dudes around the country where wearing 3 XL dickie suits and $250 mitchell and ness jerseys. IMO ofcourse

word, well i was talking more about pants. i remember when jim jones came out wearing tighter fit shirts, and it was dope, cuz like you said, that was basically at the height of the night gown looking tall tee crap. i think jim jones did that cuz he used to play football, still works out, and that's the look most people go for that work out. like you said tho, he was still wearing bell bottom looking, OD baggy jeans with those slim tees (and i think he still does that)...

all i'm saying is kanye is definitely partly responsible for slimmer fit jeans in hip hop and the streets (not the red and turquoise pants he be wearing, just normal jeans that are slimmer fit). i can't think of any rapper large in the game going that route b4 him. even most cats who didn't go full on skinny, they at least slimmed down their jeans fit some (i never went full on skinny, it's not comfortable to me, i just slimmed down some cuz i realized how much better it makes your shoes look, they shine and pop more). that OD baggy look is just as bad as OD skinny imo. right in the middle is perfect, and that's where it's kinda ending up at right now for most people.

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

Originally Posted by illphillip

So if the streets influence the rappers, then the rappers can't influence the streets.

nah, they both influence each other.

kanye got some of the streets wearing skinny jeans now, or at least way more fitted.

but i agree with you, artists rarely start the trends, cuz kanye bit the whole style off LA indie electro hipsters, he just gets credit for having the balls to bring it to the rap game (for the first time since the early 90's, back then all rappers wore skinny jeans).

my boy is part of the electro group LA Riots, they're huge, tour all over the world, get serious paper. he came and played a gig for me back in 2007 wearing skinny jeans, a deep v-neck, and a cardigan, and everyone had jokes. 3 years later mad people are dressing like that now. he told me the style was hot in LA back then, but it didn't catch on through out the rest of the country for a hot, hot minute. LA and NYC are where the trendsetters reside for the most part, and they're mostly no name nobodies, just someone with a name picks up on it and gets it poppin'.

Jim Jones and Juelz was wearing fitted clothing for a minute like early 2006 i started seeing dude with tight #@! v-necks on and boot cut trues on that look like bell bottoms
laugh.gif
Kanye just odeed taking it to the next level with tight red pants on but no way in hell did he influence anyone in my hood to dress anyway im not sure where jimmy and juelz got the idea from but they in fact set the fitted Clothes template YEARS ago while other dudes around the country where wearing 3 XL dickie suits and $250 mitchell and ness jerseys. IMO ofcourse

word, well i was talking more about pants. i remember when jim jones came out wearing tighter fit shirts, and it was dope, cuz like you said, that was basically at the height of the night gown looking tall tee crap. i think jim jones did that cuz he used to play football, still works out, and that's the look most people go for that work out. like you said tho, he was still wearing bell bottom looking, OD baggy jeans with those slim tees (and i think he still does that)...

all i'm saying is kanye is definitely partly responsible for slimmer fit jeans in hip hop and the streets (not the red and turquoise pants he be wearing, just normal jeans that are slimmer fit). i can't think of any rapper large in the game going that route b4 him. even most cats who didn't go full on skinny, they at least slimmed down their jeans fit some (i never went full on skinny, it's not comfortable to me, i just slimmed down some cuz i realized how much better it makes your shoes look, they shine and pop more). that OD baggy look is just as bad as OD skinny imo. right in the middle is perfect, and that's where it's kinda ending up at right now for most people.

kanye influenced alot of ppl in the hood and everywhere. he was one of the first ones rocking keffiyeh and other scraves,
u still see ppl rocking those all the time. from 03-07 dude was always fresh, before 808 and heartbreaks then he went his own way, lol....
Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

the crease GP had in them jeans....foolish!

staflo.jpg

kanye influenced alot of ppl in the hood and everywhere. he was one of the first ones rocking keffiyeh and other scraves,
u still see ppl rocking those all the time. from 03-07 dude was always fresh, before 808 and heartbreaks then he went his own way, lol....
Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

the crease GP had in them jeans....foolish!

staflo.jpg

maaaaan, the 3M on those in that pic has got my mind made up, i'm gunnin' for an '05 pair.

i heard these 2010's aren't gonna crease as bad, but i'm not sure i believe that. besides, i think the 3M is more important to me. it's the coolest thing about the shoe.

maaaaan, the 3M on those in that pic has got my mind made up, i'm gunnin' for an '05 pair.

i heard these 2010's aren't gonna crease as bad, but i'm not sure i believe that. besides, i think the 3M is more important to me. it's the coolest thing about the shoe.

Originally Posted by rhester

...K Swiss, though.

Edit: Juelz RUINED that fit with those True Religions and that glitter belt

glitter belt? thats a gucci belt..nuffin glittering on em....and hate all you want but true religion are da "it jeans" in da nyc rap/fly circles....

5210607575_099df6fd95_b.jpg

(not my cup of tea though)

left da tags right on it too
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rhester

...K Swiss, though.

Edit: Juelz RUINED that fit with those True Religions and that glitter belt

glitter belt? thats a gucci belt..nuffin glittering on em....and hate all you want but true religion are da "it jeans" in da nyc rap/fly circles....

5210607575_099df6fd95_b.jpg

(not my cup of tea though)

left da tags right on it too
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom