♚ Sacramento Kings ♚ Off-Season Thread

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Kings Training Camp Recap: Day 4[/h2]
December 14th, 2011James HamLeave a commentGo to comments

The coaching staff on day 2 of camp.

Yesterday was a disappointing day at the practice facility.  Media availability changed from evening sessions to morning sessions for Monday and Tuesday, leaving us with a front row seat to an empty gym.  Eventually a few players trickled in to shoot – Tyreke Evans, Francisco Garcia and Lawrence Hill.  A couple more came out for interviews after Coach Paul Westphal spoke.  But over all, it was a quiet day at training camp.

Injury Report
  • No injuries to report.  To clarify, everyone is hurting.  Day four of camp is always the one that catches up with the players.  Cousins came out with ice on his left shoulder.  He’s dinged, but not injured.  Most of the team is feeling the same way.
Coaches Notes and Quotes
  • Coach Paul Westphal on who is having the best camp so far:  “I would say that Marcus Thornton had a terrific scrimmage last night and John Salmons has been excellent all the time.  I think our rookies are adjusting really well and looking comfortable.  I would say probably the two guys on top of their games or close to mid-season form as they can be are John (Salmons) and Marcus (Thornton).â€

I like Boykins myself. The most mature out of that weak list. 

Skip To My Lou.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Crawford has reached out to current Kings players to get a feel for what it's like in Sacramento and if he is to go with the Kings, a source has told CSNNW.com that the Kings will use the amnesty on Francisco Garcia to clear up room. I've not been able to confirm if Crawford has spoken with a Blazer as of yet.
Via realgm.com

I rather not sign Jamal and save the amnesty. I'm sure someone wants his expiring contract next season.

Oh noez!!! Thank goodness Crawford might be signing here soon
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Lets just hope both Tyreke and DeMarcus are fine with some rest.

There is no reason for Jamal Crawford to want to play for the Kings except for the money and PT. I don't want that at all. I thought he matured and would take less for a contender. Guess not.

John Canzano: Kings can go as high as $6.5 million. Source tells me: "Don't be surprised if it's Sacramento." Crawford wants player option as insurance. 1 minute ago

JWQuick: Jamal Crawford texts that he is still undecided. My sense is he is leaning toward Sacramento. Style of play is a big factor for him

ohwell.gif
I feel like Blazers fans don't even want him
laugh.gif

Good to hear that FAs appreciate our style of play though I guess

laugh.gif

Chris Mannix: Nets are engaged in serious talks with free agent forward Andrei Kirilenko, league source told SI 4 minutes ago

surprise, surprise

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Can the Kings go after B. Diddy? 
pimp.gif
Unless you want that herniated disc. Go for it.
Glad to see the new arena took another positive step. Even though I'm not a Kings fan, it's good to see the fans rally together. Sacramento needs the Kings.

Back
Top Bottom