♚ Sacramento Kings ♚ Off-Season Thread

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

To be fair, that was 17-18 yr old Humphries visiting colleges. Dude is 26 now and broke.
laugh.gif

Oh
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
, I think I read that wrong. I was thinking he had a workout with the Kings or something. 

[h1]Dalembert set to re-sign with Sacramento[/h1]
554852.jpg

Dalembert, who averaged 8.1 points and 8.2 rebounds for the Kings last season, appears set to re-sign with Sacramento. (Cary Edmondson-US Presswire)

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]ARCHIVE | EMAIL
Chris Tomasson is a general assignment columnist for FOX Sports and FOX Sports Florida, bringing fans an inside look at their favorite teams in South Florida. Chris spent the last decade covering the NBA, most recently as a Senior NBA writer for AOL FanHouse.
[/td][/tr][/table]

[img]http://platformic-common.s3.amazonaws.com/global_images/icons/recommends.png[/img] Recommend
comment.png
comment(0)
email.png
email
print.png
printhttp:///www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=">http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?...,'toolbar=0,status=0,width=626,height=436'));" rel="nofollow">
facebook.png
Facebook rss

December 20, 2011
It looked as if Sacramento had moved on from center Samuel Dalembert. But Dalembert said Tuesday night he anticipates re-signing with the Kings.

"If things work out, everything structurally (with the contact), it will be Sacramento," Dalembert said in a phone interview with FOX Sports Florida from his Boca Raton, Fla., home. "It's close."

Sacramento had apparently decided to go another direction at center when the Kings last week signed Chuck Hayes to a four-year, $21 million. But Hayes failed a physical due to a heart condition earlier this week and his contract was voided.

The Kings then turned back to Dalembert, who averaged 8.1 points and 8.2 rebounds for them last season while making $13.43 million.

"There are no hard feelings," said Dalembert. "I think we can do something exciting. Last season, it seemed we were getting the excitement back in the city."

Dalembert, 31, anticipates it will be a "one- or two-year deal" with the Kings, and that he hopes to firm up negotiations Wednesday. He said getting one year with a player option is a possibility.

"A lot of guys are doing it," Dalembert said of a short-term deal. "Like Greg Oden, Kwame Brown, Kris Humphries (who all signed one-year deals)."

When asked if his contract would be in the range of $7 milion per season, Dalembert said it would depend on whether the contract is for one or two years.

Dalembert had been courted by Houston. But he's not sure why that fell apart.

"It's frustrating," Dalembert said of the Rockets dropping out.

Dalembert said he looked at Miami early in the process. However, the Heat did not have much money available due to being over the salary cap.

"We looked at (the Heat)," Dalembert said. "But it would have to have been a sign and trade."

Still, Dalembert says he's happy to be on the verge of returning to the Kings.

I can live with this.... I really hope Chuck is done for his career... otherwise I'm just
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
at the front office for giving up on dude like that.

Why would you hope Hayes is done tho? Missing out on Hayes is not the end of the world for the Kings. And maybe the Kings will go after him if his condition improves or is fixed. We can only hope for the best, not the worst. 

Dalemebert signing a short term contract < 2 years is a good look. Dude doesn't care enough about winning to take a pay cut to play in Miami. I guess he donated all his money to the needy in Haiti 

30t6p3b.gif
I suck at conveying my thoughts
laugh.gif

Let me try this again............. I hope the reason the Kings voided his contract is because the guy's career is basically done, or close to it ala Ronny Turiaf. If I see him picked up by another team in the next month I will be extremely disappointed that the Kings/Maloofs didn't make an effort to make it work. And even if it was that bad to where we were that nervous bout having him on the contract we just signed him to, why not just restructure it?

And yes, Dally back is good.
laugh.gif
at him potentially getting a Kwame Brown contract
laugh.gif

Sorry I did not reply sooner Nicedude, more like a very poor man's david lee. (Maybe even David Lee ESQ is you want to be bold enough to say it.)

Does not matter now though since He is back with the Nets and I have to deal with the Non-sense this season watching him play. At least it is a contract year again so he should somewhat beast a little while out there. At least you guys got back Sam D.

Back
Top Bottom