∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
👀
1707577846955.png

What am I missing? :nerd:

PO

I feel like there’s definitely something up with the crab ladies. They got too much random screen time not to play a larger role :lol:

yeah probably scrubbed the scene and someone said something about the flash freeze machine the crab station has
also, her domestic abuser works for the mine.

I’m not understanding why he would be willing to kill the junkie just for a promotion
danvers said it doesn’t matter what they have on you so maybe he doesn’t really have a choice

the writing obviously has some gaps and really soft plot devices. cole’s mom and peter are doing a lot of heavy lifting.
finale has to be really good for the viewer to not care about all the other faults.

Last edited:
I’m not understanding why he would be willing to kill the junkie just for a promotion
He had def done some **** that could be held against him (aside from Annie K). Probably didn’t WANT to kill him, but was in a crazy spot with him being with Danvers.

Last edited:
Expecting the finale to be pretty rushed, but so far I’ve enjoyed the season. Overall it’s pretty flawed but it has kept my attention and there hasn’t been a point where I felt it was dragging or anything.

I’d easily rank this above Season 2 already, but definitely not above Season 3 even if the ending is masterful.

Expecting the finale to be pretty rushed, but so far I’ve enjoyed the season. Overall it’s pretty flawed but it has kept my attention and there hasn’t been a point where I felt it was dragging or anything.

I’d easily rank this above Season 2 already, but definitely not above Season 3 even if the ending is masterful.
this how i feel but i think i might push this above szn 3
i just remember szn 3 being letdown by the ending and anti climactic. i’m not sure

Yea everything costs like double in the cities of Alaska. Can’t imagine a remote area like Ennis. FYI I did an Alaska cruise in 2015 and was shocked how expensive everything was there even for none tourists.
Yeah, it is like that for parts of Hawaii too I heard.

People on the mainland really take for granted how cheap their food is because they are covered by large supply chains

this how i feel but i think i might push this above szn 3
i just remember szn 3 being letdown by the ending and anti climactic. i’m not sure
I think they're pretty close but overall I enjoyed the characters of S3 more, particularly Mahershala Ali was fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom