∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
I do not care about Navarro or her sister, sorry. The actress is not good I have decided.

Color me optimistic but I was actually excited when I saw there were only 6 episodes, assumed less filler. I was wrong. There's no way these last two episodes justify the following empty threads that I actually care about:

Why does Peter listen to Danvers religiously? Ambition? Piss his Dad off? Hates his wife?
What's with the Russian Wife angle and what is the significance?
What is the Rust Cole connection going? Dead end?
The trailer and it's contents?
What was Tsalal up to?
What really happened between Danvers and Navarro on that call?
Orange meaning?
Why did the nomad dude dip? Why did he only ask about one of the guys?
What's with the creepy cleaning ladies (We're just cleaners they never talk to us) :emoji_tophat:
What was the accident that killed her husband/kid?

But no I got essentially 2 episodes of this chick Navarro and her sister seeing things and Danvers daughter who I also don't care about running around smashing all the hs chicks and debasing private property.

All that being said this is still my second favorite season, and I still enjoy it alot they have just swung and missed with the character building, I don't care about really anything outside of the mystery and hoping Peter finally gets to smash his hot wife for christs sakes, my guy stays in the dog house.

I do not care about Navarro or her sister, sorry. The actress is not good I have decided.

Why does Peter listen to Danvers religiously? Ambition? Piss his Dad off? Hates his wife?
What's with the Russian Wife angle and what is the significance?

I don't have a problem with Navarro's acting. It's dry, but Jodie Foster is going to make everyone look lesser.

It's almost like the show is saying in order to be a good cop, policing must be primary. Had to be more than this one case. I think Danvers uses him because she can, but she also knows he's a good cop.

I'm starting to think Pete is the one who did that to Hank to get back at him.

I don’t have a single, solid idea of where this is going the next 2 episodes. Not sure if that’s good or bad, but I’m here for it. :lol:

This season has been weird to me. Doesn’t necessarily suck, but I certainly wouldn’t rewatch it. It’s good enough to be entertaining right now and that’s good enough for me.

Ending was sort of weird. Covering that up?

The Hank jump wasn't believable to me. He went from I'm not a killer to that out in the open?

The relationships/friendships between Pete and Leah and Rose and Navarro are pretty dope.

I think if they wanted to protect Pete... he's a good cop, a good kid and the True Detective... then covering it up was their best option, I think. Had they called it in, then it would have put Danvers in trouble, which would jeopardize the entire case. Connelly would have shut everything down and Pete would have been done.

I get the feeling Hank had done a lot more bad ish in the past, but said to the Silver Sky lady he "wasn't a killer" cuz he didn't want to deal with actually having to kill someone. He said that he only moved Annie K's body, but I don't entirely trust him. That was my interpretation of it anyway... cuz if not, then the 180 does seem quite weird.

I think Pete was Leah's babysitter... so the fact that they're still tight was pretty cool. Small town.

👀
1707577846955.png

I still don’t see how Pete would have been done. His dad was gonna shoot Danvers. I feel like they spent so much of the season dragging their feet and now rushing this ending

It was weird with Pete because he just moved in with his pop, and they sort of bonded and you saw the sympathy for his dad when he heard him playing the guitar. He essentially picked Danvers over his dad, and Danvers never treated him the best either.

But like Leah said, Liz is like that with people she cares about because of her past losses. It was cool Leah knows this.

and her girlfriend bolting out when things got hot :rofl:

I think had they called it in, Danvers would have already been in trouble for checking Otis out and giving him the heroin... Connelly would have taken over and, as he's in Silver Sky's pocket (I think), he'd try to bury all of them, even if Hank was gonna shoot Danvers. But yeah... Still so many loose ends and, presumably, only 60mins left to tie all of them up. 🤷‍♂️

IIRC, Hank had been abusive towards Pete when he was young? So their relationship was already strained despite signs of reconciliation. Of course, Pete finding out Hank hacked into his laptop AND the fact that he had been covering up Annie K's death set all that back and left him feeling betrayed.

They also glossed over Pete investigating the suicide and Hank getting it from his laptop and telling Connelly.

You're good enough to figure it out, but use your sons info for the password :lol:

They also glossed over Pete investigating the suicide and Hank getting it from his laptop and telling Connelly.

You're good enough to figure it out, but use your sons info for the password :lol:
I think he trusted his Dad and truly believed he was a good dude, it was kinda the last straw

Back
Top Bottom