∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
Colin's a wreck

Show will pick up

They should have used this song as the theme song doe 
pimp.gif
 DOPE

Last edited:
Damnnnn looks like things are about to pick up

Can't wait to start putting the pieces together

This Rock show with the Drake/Wayne song intro, good stuff

Last edited:
So watching this premiere felt like I was dropped in to a middle of a movie. Wasn't bad but I can't say I got hyped or that interested in much going on and this has nothing to do with ranking S1 as goat or w/e.

I know the creator likes to take it slow with the case and pacing but this felt extra slow and with more characters they didn't do the best job keeping my attention.

The Ray character had me laughing a bit though. Corrupt as **** but in a good way. The premiere did do a good job of introducing us to the main cast I just don't if I'm that interested in the rest.

McAdams character has fam problems and likes anal apparently, Kitsch's character has that ptsd problem or something with his past to the point he got ED, Vaughn's character is making moves as some corrupt businessman trying to get a few deals done. He looked the most pissed off throughout the ep :lol:

I'll definitely be giving this series a chance based off what's been done before but it seems like more of a uphill battle.

-Riggins can't get the porterhouse hard :smh:

-McAdams got some serious family problems :lol:

-Aspen's dad getting washed over some Brons :rofl: :rofl:

Was waiting for that hook from a season premiere but it never happened for me. I am hoping with all the main characters getting introduced to the murder that we will focus less on their personal side plots. Farrell's past, McAdams' family drama, and Kitsch's PTSD did not interest me as I would have liked.

Overall an okay premiere with solid performances but was missing something imo.

Last edited:
Should have just called the show something completely different. Would change our perception of the entire series and we wouldn't hold any biases 

Didn't know/expect to see the cast connect right away like that. I definitely enjoyed the premiere.

Ol' Matt LeBlanc looking guy wasn't going to give Frank what he wanted :lol: .

It was okay. You can see that expanding from two to four allowed some rockiness and less cohesion. It should pick up though since they all meet so soon.

Dat latina was :pimp:

Reporter and dad got worked by Colin :wow: :lol:

The ski mask moment and brass knuckles got damn moments for me.

I wonder if rachel and colin start working together to try and recreate that special bond matty and woody had that we witnessed unfold.

And its looking like this will not garner the same type of crazy attention S1 got.

Season 1 had that creepy blackmagic factor to it

I wonder if they'll be a moment like season 1 when Woody went into the hood with that racist as hostage. That moment was probably one of the best sequences I've ever seen in a show

Gotta consider season 1 took place in Louisiana compared to LA in season 2. Able to capture a more darker rural setting in the country and landscape of Louisiana.

Last edited:
Loved it. Three cops with broken spirits, teaming up against bad people plugged into LA's dark side.

The final scene when Colin, Rachel and Kitsch were all standing around Caspre...I stood up and screamed "that's our squad! Let's go!" Lol.

This season is gonna kick so much ***.

I'm diggin' it, it's going to be VERY difficult to top what Woody and Mcconaughey gave us but I think it would be unfair to compare any TV show season to that one in all honesty.

Main characters all have their demons, I have a feeling this season will be just as dark as the previous.

How many eps are there this season?

Edit-- And I completely agree with whoever said that the song at the end in the bar should be the intro music, seems like it would have fit perfectly.

Last edited:
Gotta consider season 1 took place in Louisiana compared to LA in season 2. Able to capture a more darker rural setting in the country and landscape of Louisiana.
I don't know, man.

There were some really nice LA shots in this episode. Very similar to Mulholland Drive.

Loved it. Three cops with broken spirits, teaming up against bad people plugged into LA's dark side.

The final scene when Colin, Rachel and Kitsch were all standing around Caspre...I stood up and screamed "that's our squad! Let's go!" Lol.

This season is gonna kick so much ***.
One of them cops is in with the bad people/dark side. Makes it pretty intriguing since McAdam's character is all righteous

The song in the bar was good enough for me to search for 
laugh.gif
 the theme music they picked is pure trash

Back
Top Bottom