∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
It was okay. You can see that expanding from two to four allowed some rockiness and less cohesion. It should pick up though since they all meet so soon.

Dat latina was
pimp.gif

Reporter and dad got worked by Colin
eek.gif
laugh.gif

The ski mask moment and brass knuckles got damn moments for me.

I wonder if rachel and colin start working together to try and recreate that special bond matty and woody had that we witnessed unfold.

And its looking like this will not garner the same type of crazy attention S1 got.
that quick little shot in the ski mask when he turned and shushed the lady was so ill

Over some Brons doe [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Damn the ski mask shhh scene had me hyped in the teaser..only to see he was doing to it a junkie anyways [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Solid episode overall...getting the backdrop to all the characters..the scenery looked great..it honestly didnt feel too slow, besides the body dropping at the end of the episode.

Vaughn's character reminds me of Oscar Issac in A Most Violent Year so far :lol:

Reilly, McAdams, the Latina :smokin

Last edited:
I'm digging the slow burn pace.

Anyway...so...the kid is a ginger. Colin & the supposed rapist isn't a ginger, which leaves only the wife as a possible ginger...but if she isn't a ginger...who's the father?! Who is the Ginger King?!

I'm digging the slow burn pace.

Anyway...so...the kid is a ginger. Colin & the supposed rapist isn't a ginger, which leaves only the wife as a possible ginger...but if she isn't a ginger...who's the father?! Who is the Ginger King?!

you lost me at ginger.

rachel and the latina chick :pimp:

i didn't know if i'd like rachel with short hair but she looks pretty cute.

They hinted at some occult stuff (or something close to it) but it almost just feels like a deliberate red herring.

I'm not sure what direction they're going in. Who can be bought vs. who can't? Or is it just going to be everyone working through their personal problems while they solve this ****

First episode was all over the place

I can't lie but I got kind of bored

Only episode 1 so I will tuning in next week

Didn't hook me in with anything but I like the feel of it. Ski mask scene was nicely done, and the closing with the 3 of them got me hype.

Colin's character is the most interesting to me, although not so much his flash back part. Still, it's def going to be important for explaining his current state so I'm not complaining.

Last edited:
thing with true detective, it always starts off slow. first eps worked hard to establish character storylines, their problems, etc. not to mention the main crime that will have these characters interact with each other.

intro song was weak.

its way to early to judge this season. give it plenty of time.

colin's performance is solid so far tho.

It was a lil slow and took a while to get to the point but I liked the way it ended and they set up the story for the rest of the season

Wasn't great but first episodes are always hard, have to set up a lot of plot.
First episode of season 1 was painfully slow as well.

Edit: "Who is the Ginger King?!" :nerd:

Last edited:
Wasn't great but first episodes are always hard, have to set up a lot of plot.
First episode of season 1 was painfully slow as well.

that is my fear, TD1 gripped you right off the bat to where you couldn't wait until next week at 9pm sharp

episode 1 of TD2 made me think like, ah ok I will peep episode 2 on DVR when I get a chance

I was a little underwhelmed with the premiere. The characters played by Farrell, McAdams, & Kitsch are all broken people just kinda plugging along. The characters are too similar IMO.

I don't even get why Kitsch is a broken person & the ep made me not even care... BTW, I guess he did take the actress up on her offer to get out of the ticket or did he not?

I'll continue to watch because I liked season 1 so much. Maybe this will be a slow grind to a good story. I give the ep a C grade. I give Kitsch's girl an A though...

I don't even get why Kitsch is a broken person & the ep made me not even care... BTW, I guess he did take the actress up on her offer to get out of the ticket or did he not?

no he did the right thing and her people put in a word to corrupt police and he took the L

Back
Top Bottom