∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
me too. szn 1 was amazing to me.
the houston projects one shot scene >

but after reading yalls posts made me realize i was more faded than i thought and i re-watching both episodes

I need to watch the Ringer recap for episode 2. I don't fully understand the ending with Purple Hays ( :pimp: nickname btw) in the street.

I assume dementia is kicking in something major?

Last edited:
I'm in

Looks like they have returned to form from season two. I was instantly intrigued by the story.

Mahershala Ali is one of my favorite actors to the point he's no longer Remy or Cottonmouth.

I need to watch the Ringer recap for episode 2. I don't fully understand the ending with Purple Hays :smile:pimp: nickname btw) in the street.

I assume dementia is kicking in something major?
He's definitely deteriorating mentally. Some sort of dementia.

Call me crazy, but I think Detective Hays is the killer. They’re interviewing him like he’s a suspect.

“What you don’t remember, you can’t know you don’t remember”

Even with his experience in Vietnam, it was peculiar how he just mozied into the woods and found the body.

Just sayin... something’s off about this dude Not just the dementia.

32899993148_17418f59c3_o.jpg

I saw a handful of peeps in the e-streets mention the West Memphis Three similarities
ohhh.png

If ya'll never seen the Paradise Lost docs about those murders, do yourselves a favor and watch

Edit: Just saw this was mentioned already in here

This is just as good as the Paradise Lost triology

They gotta at the very least release a director's cut if they go with the cut version.

With a show like this, it feels like if you give too many notes or make too many cuts, the show almost loses its essence.

Forgot about this thread..

IDK.. some detectives talk about the spirit of their victims calling them. Which is what happened with Hays.. its going back to that Laws of Attraction.
It's looking like True Detective is back to form. Giving off that S1 vibes. At first I was like its the uncle.. Like damn you just gonna leave your Playboy's behind and drill a hole to peep on your niece.

Then the other thought is even darker but I'm like they only did that to foster kids

That's why Hays killed her?
Amelia had the opportunity and motive to kidnap and kill the kids. Opportunity as in being a teacher and knowing the kids at school. Motive... well, she's probably got mental issues... likes to change her identity and be someone else.

While she was killing the brother, the little girl got away. Traumatized by the event, she chose not to go home and, instead, hitchhiked to start a new life. She probably hated her home anyway.

Roland pieced everything together, but Wayne wasn't having any of it because of his infatuation for Amelia. He didn't want to accept it. That's why they ended up falling out.
Amelia, with her knowledge of the entire crime, was able to write it all out, which eventually became her novel... the lady interviewer said as much... her book was a literary classic of the non-fiction true crime genre.

Amelia had the opportunity and motive to kidnap and kill the kids. Opportunity as in being a teacher and knowing the kids at school. Motive... well, she's probably got mental issues... likes to change her identity and be someone else.

While she was killing the brother, the little girl got away. Traumatized by the event, she chose not to go home and, instead, hitchhiked to start a new life. She probably hated her home anyway.

Roland pieced everything together, but Wayne wasn't having any of it because of his infatuation for Amelia. He didn't want to accept it. That's why they ended up falling out.
Amelia, with her knowledge of the entire crime, was able to write it all out, which eventually became her novel... the lady interviewer said as much... her book was a literary classic of the non-fiction true crime genre.
Then why did she send the parents a letter about the daughter?

Back
Top Bottom