∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
Amelia had the opportunity and motive to kidnap and kill the kids. Opportunity as in being a teacher and knowing the kids at school. Motive... well, she's probably got mental issues... likes to change her identity and be someone else.

While she was killing the brother, the little girl got away. Traumatized by the event, she chose not to go home and, instead, hitchhiked to start a new life. She probably hated her home anyway.

Roland pieced everything together, but Wayne wasn't having any of it because of his infatuation for Amelia. He didn't want to accept it. That's why they ended up falling out.
Amelia, with her knowledge of the entire crime, was able to write it all out, which eventually became her novel... the lady interviewer said as much... her book was a literary classic of the non-fiction true crime genre.

giphy-7.gif

The Big Never

Hays recalls his early romance with Amelia, as well as cracks in their relationship that surfaced after they married and had children. Ten years after the Purcell crimes, new evidence emerges, giving him a second chance to vindicate himself and the investigation.

Interesting ep with the ghost of Amelia taunting and scaring old Hays.

Interviewer annoys me but no surprise police didn't do the best job in investigating.

Hays and Amelia marriage looks off. Maybe its just common arguments or the tenseness of the investigation again but something is up there.

New clues and reveals for the investigation hasnt gotten me further on how the kid died or who killed him.

Who was the "cop" who came to talk to that guy in the farmhouse before hays and roland? I think it may have been someone much more powerful than them. Then i think hays solved it but such powerful ppl were involved he had to take matters into his own hands, and he took care of them off the books and had to hide it and come up with an alternative explanation of the crime. The interviewer is coming close to figuring out what actually happened, and hays doesnt want that but his memory is ******.

It’s pretty clear that the bulk of the task force isn’t sharing info with Wayne and Roland...Decisions are being made despite what Wayne and Roland think is best for the investigation (Last week with the trick or treat doll info, this week with the approval of the reward put up by the food processing company)...Animosity is there too since Roland was nice enough to tell the crazy tip line lady to call back and talk with the FBI guys...

Wasn’t really surprising to find out somebody had already spoken to the old man that saw the new car on his property while the kids were out playing in the woods...Who it was isn’t as important as why Wayne and Roland weren’t told...

It's very weird that only a small amount of people in a small town saw the black and white lady in an upscale car. I feel like everybody would have noticed since Wayne and his wife are like the only two black people there in the 80's.

Hays and Amelia marriage looks off. Maybe its just common arguments or the tenseness of the investigation again but something is up there.

I'm wondering if it was vietnam or the case.

At some point either one of the detectives or a higher up fumbled the investigation. I'm wondering if its Hays who ****ed up.

Hays and his partner hid something.

But it seems like they would have been doing the interviews for the houses close and let the other officers do the ones further from the last seen locations.

Is this season boring? I think this season’s boring.

Not at all for me

It's very weird that only a small amount of people in a small town saw the black and white lady in an upscale car. I feel like everybody would have noticed since Wayne and his wife are like the only two black people there in the 80's.
Given how spaced out things are I chalked it up to ppl not being outside or peeping out their windows as much.

But it seems like they would have been doing the interviews for the houses close and let the other officers do the ones further from the last seen locations.

If your referencing them talking to the old guy, I think Roland said the old guys house / road weren’t on any maps that’s why they didn’t talk to him during the initial search...Might have to re watch it now but they picked up on the road after they got those map drawings from the sisters room...

Makes it even more strange that somebody else was already there talking to the guy before Roland and Wayne even knew the place existed...

Also anybody else pick up that detail the guy at the Hoyt factory dropped...Said the owners granddaughter died when she was young or something like that...He also started the Children’s Foundation that put up the reward...

Too much of a stretch to think that the Hoyt founder might be involved here? I mean the guy is coincidentally out of town supposedly on a hunting trip right after the kids come up missing, and so far for the whole 80’s portion of the investigation...Would also explain that fancy car driving around...

If your referencing them talking to the old guy, I think Roland said the old guys house / road weren’t on any maps that’s why they didn’t talk to him during the initial search...Might have to re watch it now but they picked up on the road after they got those map drawings from the sisters room...

Makes it even more strange that somebody else was already there talking to the guy before Roland and Wayne even knew the place existed...
They definitely said his house wasnt on the maps which is why they thought nobody talked to him.

One alleged cop in a suit talked tonthe old guy and he doesn't know anything either other than also seeing an interracial couple in a new car in the area.

Back
Top Bottom