∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
yeah kind of hard to imagine how they'll wrap all this with one episode to go. So many questions still left unanswered.

After the last episode I'm starting to suspect Elisa is involved somehow. Either she was a victim or her sister or somebody was. She seems to personally involved.

And she probably targeted Henry so he would let her get near Hays in his state.

She saw her husband burning clothes. Wonder if she was placed there by Hoyt from the beginning to keep an eye on one of the detectives

They met her at the school. She wrote two books that exposed most of the conspiracy, that if her husband had read would have probably helped him solve things sooner. Everything we’ve seen about her including her investigating the events independently and uncovering most of what we’ve learned first shows she isn’t involved. I think you’re looking for plot twists in the wrong places. Considering Hayes is an unreliable narrator in the future and a self acknowledged over reacher/loud mouth in the past it’s likely he placed a target on himself in the 80s.

How did Roland and Hayes find that older woman Hoyt house keeper in the current timeline? That part felt a bit arbitrary and convenient that she gives a **** load of new and possibly pertinent info :lol: just 25 years too late maybe :lol:

What the house keeper tells about Hoyt's daughter who lost her husband and daughter... wonder what the deal is with that storyline

Nobody gonna mention how Amelia talked to the chick at the girls uome or whatever and she says Julie went by the diff names and always talked about a pink room. Like the one her pops found before dying.

The lady with the Halloween pic knows something but not enough, but at the same time genuinely concerned and her conscious is eating at her. Prob why she gave up the photo.

And everyone asling if Amelia gave the pic back or not, she asked for it to make a copy, so why is it assumed she never brought it back?

I assume we learn that in the 2005ish timeline. Also feel like we figure out why Hays daughter fled to LA.

Just got around to watching the last episode. Wow. So many damn theories in my head now. I thought I had it all figured out... but nope.

gonna be wild seeing hays and west in their 70s running up on folks with their weapons :lol

Cannot imagine this finale will be climactic. Season has had good acting, but been very anticlimactic.

Not even close to season 1 suspense. Another dud, frankly.

How did Roland and Hayes find that older woman Hoyt house keeper in the current timeline? That part felt a bit arbitrary and convenient that she gives a **** load of new and possibly pertinent info :lol: just 25 years too late maybe :lol:

What the house keeper tells about Hoyt's daughter who lost her husband and daughter... wonder what the deal is with that storyline

This happens in a lot of crime Novels apparently. Not an odd thing apparently

i feel like we already know what happened and so does Hays and West.

it’s just a matter of if/how much they’ll pursue Hoyt and the repercussions of that decision.

I think the 2015 timeline is just how Hays and the people around him deal with his dementia.

they could go 2 routes IMO

1- the case is still “ongoing” because they’re playing along with Hays so his mind is occupied on something

or 2- if they decide to pretend that all timelines prior to 2015 are from Hays memory, how accurate are they. meaning were there scenes that went differently than what were shown and the finale reveal is that Hays realizes what really happened and if that’s the case i bet it’s Elisa who gives him an “oh ****” moment and he flashes back and rethinks everything he thought happened

don’t know how i’m seeing this now lol. i guess to further expand on my previous post, i assumed everyone realized that Hoyt’s daughter lost her daughter and she and Mr June kidnapped Julie as a “replacement”. I think Will starts to see what’s going on because he’s a bit older and they kill him and tell Julie it’s a game or something.

i think it’s just a case of a rich family taking advantage of a poor family to replace their granddaughter. i think julie’s mom is in on it and is taking payments from the Hoyt family. in her mind she’s justifying it by giving her daughter a better life while benefitting from it herself.

think Hoyt breaks this down to Hays in the car and threatens him that if he doesn’t back off and get his wife to back off with her book ******** his family will be hurt. he’s also blackmailing him because he knows they murdered Harrison. how does he know so fast i think a few people asked. he probably has video tape of them leaving the plant following harrison’s car. i think Amelia doesn’t take this lightly and causes her to disappear either by death or by her leaving Hays.

and i think the car in 2015 timeline is either them still keeping tabs on hays to make sure he keeps his mouth shut (dementia making him forget to), or he’s just flat out imagining (half dementia half paranoia) it all hence why the road goes blank after the car speeds away...but a part of me thinks it might be Becca. and she doesn’t go in the house or leave the car because she can’t bring herself to see her dad like that and feels guilty

Last edited:
When Amelia saw Wayne burning his clothes and she was all like "In the morning, we have to talk...", I was wondering if she was more interested in knowing more about the case or if she was genuinely concerned. I'm that skeptical of her now.

If they ever get to a season 4 ..they gotta stop with the whole coverup/conspiracy angle.

Series needs a new direction ..good season overall but still anti climatic so far

If Hays isn't over exaggerating his dementia in the 2015 timeline, then I think Roland is pulling a Shutter Island on Hays.

I like the idea that the case was already solved in 1990...Roland just rolling with it because he feels sorry for Wayne...Wayne hung up on it because he literally doesn’t remember how things ended...

Most of it just comes back to two 70+ year olds investigating things...Even if most of the principle players weren’t already dead, including old man Hoyt, what could the two of them feasibly do to apprehend a possible suspect?

Also, what happened with that photo that Amelia is supposed to return to the doll lady?

I thought I saw it in the notes in the future, so I assume Amelia never returned it. But, if she does return it, I'm pretty sure it's a trap. Or was her insistence on getting the photo back just to show how this community is kind of stuck in time.

edit:

twitter is speculating that the girl making the documentary is Julie Purcell, or her daughter.

Not sure if a spoiler, but carrying on from what you said.. she could have been a victim of the whole thing or known a victim and is investigating the whole thing and is just now on that case because of the dolls

Would explain the season 1 info and the connection.. so she's just hoping to make a major break in the larger picture thing by looking at known individual incidents

Back
Top Bottom