∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
gonna be wild seeing hays and west in their 70s running up on folks with their weapons :lol:

1237363745_old_people_fighting.gif

Here's my tin foil theory: Pretty sure either the dude who went on to be the AG or the dude who quit to become Woodard's family's lawyer are the mole a lot of you want Amelia to be.

I'm also not sure that every instance of Roland we see in the 2015 story-line is real. I don't doubt he exists and that he's been interacting with Hays, I just don't know that I'm convinced he's also actively investigating this case with him, rather than being a projection of Hays's mind.

If this all ends up being some sort of dream or product of imagination.......... :smh:

Here's my tin foil theory: Pretty sure either the dude who went on to be the AG or the dude who quit to become Woodard's family's lawyer are the mole a lot of you want Amelia to be.

I'm also not sure that every instance of Roland we see in the 2015 story-line is real. I don't doubt he exists and that he's been interacting with Hays, I just don't know that I'm convinced he's also actively investigating this case with him, rather than being a projection of Hays's mind.

The Ringer recap pod suggested the same. Wouldn't shock me now that I think about it.

Speaking of The Ringer, I just listened to last week’s recap. Is this “Woman in the Window” Easter egg Netwerk caught the reason so many of you are in here pretending you’ve been suspecting Amelia of foul play based on the plot??? :lol:

macbk macbk I admit I only think that about Roland because of the scene where he vanished and the street went black after he supposedly photographed the car and also the scene before that where he appears to be telling Henry that he’s not down to investigate with hays.

Speaking of The Ringer, I just listened to last week’s recap. Is this “Woman in the Window” Easter egg Netwerk caught the reason so many of you are in here pretending you’ve been suspecting Amelia of foul play based on the plot??? :lol:

macbk macbk I admit I only think that about Roland because of the scene where he vanished and the street went black after he supposedly photographed the car and also the scene before that where he appears to be telling Henry that he’s not down to investigate with hays.
Nah the show is designed this way to make every character subtly look like a suspect

I’ve never listened to the ringer recaps but it’s obvious the show is based off red herrings and misdirection

I feel like there's been plenty of "evidence" to at least suggest Ameila could be guilty of some foul play. The fact that she did that spiel about how she changed her identity several times prior to 1980 can definitely start the speculation.

Is that the "Woman in the Window" thing?

It's still too early to say, but a couple of the podcasts I listen to peggd Amelia as a suspect after she took it upon herself to get so involved in the case when she had drinks with that detective.

Going to be interesting to see how they wrap this all up. There seems to be a lot of loose ends hanging. I hope they have enough time that it doesn't feel rushed.

It's still too early to say, but a couple of the podcasts I listen to peggd Amelia as a suspect after she took it upon herself to get so involved in the case when she had drinks with that detective.

Going to be interesting to see how they wrap this all up. There seems to be a lot of loose ends hanging. I hope they have enough time that it doesn't feel rushed.

She's constantly divulged all of the information she has to Hays though. She's even pointed Hays in the right direction a few times when he didn't know to look there. Truth be told, she's much less suspicious than even Roland. Yeah he feels empathy towards Tom but that doesn't mean he wasn't involved in a cover up. But I think people need to remember all the crazy theories they had about season 1 and it ended up being pretty much what the things on screen told you they were and never the greater conspiracy everyone on the web hoped it was ("It's Alexandra Daddario! I don't trust her or her teddies!")

I know Pizzolato (sp?) is more aware of that internet conspiracy culture and how it's a big part of the viewing experience, but I still think it'd just be bad story telling to pull out a huge twist at this point. There aren't enough bread crumbs to go there all in the finale. It pretty much has to be what it is currently, with maybe a Memento like twist about him forgetting something important about the crime or his family or Roland not really helping him in the present timeline and him just manifesting a sidekick to make sense of his fragmented mind.

I have a feeling people will be disappointed with the lack of twist though.

Back
Top Bottom