∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
What i remember about S1
5W07.gif

q5ydcakd1jj61.gif

rust-cohle-true-detective-hallucination1.0.gif

Bordering on Supernatural/Vampireish but very ominous and setting is certainly something perfect for bad **** to go down, but not sure if they tryin to connect to S1 with the symbols or not.

The star shape matched the stab wound shape. 🤔

But overall good start. The seeing/hearing things needs to be throttled back tho or they'll lose us. Gave me Pet Cemetery vibes.

Love the "we are dead already" note on the whiteboard. :pimp:

Bordering on Supernatural/Vampireish but very ominous and setting is certainly something perfect for bad **** to go down, but not sure if they tryin to connect to S1 with the symbols or not.

The star shape matched the stab wound shape. 🤔

But overall good start. The seeing/hearing things needs to be throttled back tho or they'll lose us. Gave me Pet Cemetery vibes.

Love the "we are dead already" note on the whiteboard. :pimp:

It’s going to end up tying back to the mine…At least that’s the way I feel like they’re going…

Annie K was obviously killed and her tongue was taken as a message to the other protesters telling them to shut up about the mine…I’m thinking the scientists found out something negative about the mine and the same goons that killed Annie were sent in to take care of them as well…The only thing that’s sending me for a loop is the visions everybody keeps having…

It’s going to end up tying back to the mine…At least that’s the way I feel like they’re going…

Annie K was obviously killed and her tongue was taken as a message to the other protesters telling them to shut up about the mine…I’m thinking the scientists found out something negative about the mine and the same goons that killed Annie were sent in to take care of them as well…The only thing that’s sending me for a loop is the visions everybody keeps having…

The "she's back" or "she's alive" whichever it was is the one I'm curious about.

But I agree on the Mining piece. Somethin goin on there.

The coat thing was weird, but we'll see where that goes.

Wife said “this is scary” at multiple times throughout the episode. Usually a good sign when we’re watching stuff like this.

The ominous setting definitely helps things too.

The "she's back" or "she's alive" whichever it was is the one I'm curious about.

But I agree on the Mining piece. Somethin goin on there.

The coat thing was weird, but we'll see where that goes.

Scrubbing Reddit and I think they’ve pretty much locked it down…

The writers want the viewer to think two things…First that something supernatural is going on, and second that Annie’s murder was tied to the mines…But neither are true…

Annie was killed by the scientists, gang rape or something along those lines…The “visions” are actually hallucinations brought on by some type of toxic chemical being dumped in the mine, which in turn is poisoning the water supply…The elk being spooked into running off a cliff by some seemingly invisible force was them reacting to a hallucination, the crab numbers being lower every year indicate they’re being forced to move elsewhere…Most importantly when Navarro visits Annie’s brother she asks for a glass of water which he refuses to give to her saying the water is “bad”…The mine worker refusing to let someone he knows drink the water because it’s bad is a big red flag…

The scientist at the beginning saying “she’s back” is him coming off of a hallucination himself…The others follow him out to where he supposedly saw her and are either killed or eventually die from exposure, maybe they even start having hallucination themselves 🤷‍♂️

Seems this is the most logical story at this point…

Good start. Great creepy, supernatural vibes just works with this show.
And, of course, the Alaskan surroundings really add to it. I can't imagine living there, like that. 😅

Lots of exposition and backstory to fill in, but I'm here for it!

ALso... what happens when you pour beer in a gas tank? 😅

Good start. Great creepy, supernatural vibes just works with this show.
And, of course, the Alaskan surroundings really add to it. I can't imagine living there, like that. 😅

Lots of exposition and backstory to fill in, but I'm here for it!

ALso... what happens when you pour beer in a gas tank? 😅

It’s more so about putting sugar in a gas tank. The car won’t start :lol:

I gotta watch it again

If I watch it during the day it’s gonna look like that White Walker battle third episode like the last season of GOT

Is it just me or does that seem like a lot of canned food for 1 person?
He had to look after his kid for the night, so presumably, he doesn't live with him.
Man doesn't like/is afraid to eat locally-produced food. 👀
1705351453232.png

Is it just me or does that seem like a lot of canned food for 1 person?
He had to look after his kid for the night, so presumably, he doesn't live with him.
Man doesn't like/is afraid to eat locally-produced food. 👀
1705351453232.png

He said he was watching the kid for his ex. So it means the mom and the kid.

Back
Top Bottom