∞True Detective Season 1 Thread ***CLOSED***∞

I like Colin and think he would flourish, but as the article said, I'm in it for the writing honestly. Pizzolatto is a genius.

Last edited:
Colin Farrell in Talks for ‘True Detective’ Season 2; Taylor Kitsch Also Eyed
TV | By Jeff Sneider on July 11, 2014 @ 10:34 am

...while Taylor Kitsch is also the leading candidate for the younger male lead.

Kitsch is coming off strong notices for his performance as a young gay man in HBO's “The Normal Heart.” While his two movie star vehicles, “Battleship” and “John Carter,” did not live up to the expectations created by their hefty budgets, Kitsch displayed solid chops on NBC's “Friday Night Lights” and in Peter Berg's “Lone Survivor.” Berg, of course, just worked with HBO on “The Leftovers.”

While creator Nic Pizzolatto indicated Thursday that there are four leads, those familiar with the second season's scripts have told TheWrap that there are three leads (two men and one woman), with Farrell's character serving as the primary focus.

link

I guess Taylor can also use TD to relaunch his career as well.

Last edited:
Colin Farrell in Talks for ‘True Detective’ Season 2; Taylor Kitsch Also Eyed
TV | By Jeff Sneider on July 11, 2014 @ 10:34 am

...while Taylor Kitsch is also the leading candidate for the younger male lead.

Kitsch is coming off strong notices for his performance as a young gay man in HBO's “The Normal Heart.” While his two movie star vehicles, “Battleship” and “John Carter,” did not live up to the expectations created by their hefty budgets, Kitsch displayed solid chops on NBC's “Friday Night Lights” and in Peter Berg's “Lone Survivor.” Berg, of course, just worked with HBO on “The Leftovers.”

While creator Nic Pizzolatto indicated Thursday that there are four leads, those familiar with the second season's scripts have told TheWrap that there are three leads (two men and one woman), with Farrell's character serving as the primary focus.

link

I guess Taylor can also use TD to relaunch his career as well.

man bye. both actors stink.

total recall stunk. Everything taylor has done since playing Riggins in FNL has stunk.

You go from MM and Woody to THESE dudes? nah.

A few failed big budget movies aren't too much of indicators for how well he would do in a good show like this.

I like Taylor Kitsch he just proved he wasn't a box office draw but I am all for him in TD2 but I really think Colin Farrell blows

And....they'll get the pilot off strength of last season, but these two simply don't do it for me. Colin is cool, but not a man draw for me...and Tyler who? I never watched Friday Night Loghts, so he's a nobody to me. I was more excited about the rumors.

Colin x Paige would get a watch...I think I'm in love w/Ellen Paige.

And....they'll get the pilot off strength of last season, but these two simply don't do it for me. Colin is cool, but not a man draw for me...and Tyler who? I never watched Friday Night Loghts, so he's a nobody to me. I was more excited about the rumors.

Colin x Paige would get a watch...I think I'm in love w/Ellen Paige.

you still have a shot since S2 calls for 1 M Lead, and 2 M/F Co-Stars.

Most of y'all where looking screw face at MM before the first season and now look at how he's been praised.

Both Colin and Taylor are fine actors. My concern for this coming season is the director, they really had a gem with Fukunaga dude is gonna have a outstanding career

Mad that guy doing the interview for the Emmys didn't ask Michelle Monaghan if that was a body double in the sex scene :lol:

Wanna know if the mass was real or nah

We saw her in the opening scene... that's her butt.

Let me throw out another name for the female lead: Ruth Wilson.  

Eh? Eh?

Last edited:
I can get down with Taylor Kitsch the former next A lister
laugh.gif
but Colin Farrell is garbage
I like Taylor Kitsch he just proved he wasn't a box office draw but I am all for him in TD2 but I really think Colin Farrell blows
Both of these

I hate Colin Farrell i have never liked any movie he has done.  Sadly the only one i watched and didn't completely hate was SWAT...and that was bad.  Taylor can't be to blame for the joke that was John Carter.  Dude was really good in Savages (even though that movie was horrible his performance wasn't that bad) and if anyone saw The Normal Heart on HBO where he played a gay dude he was surprisingly good in that too. Thought he was good in lone survivor, but never saw Battleship...the Rihanna cameo basically told me to never watch it...and the fact that it was a movie based on a board game

Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey were already good actors prior to TD. Taylor and Colin, are not. So a great script in direction won't really save the second season if 2 of the leads are painfully weak.

Just wait for the season to air. It's great when people say something will already be bad when it's not even out yet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom