∞True Detective Season 1 Thread ***CLOSED***∞

false
Just looking back, the story was just ok, it was everything else that made it great.

People gonna realize it was Mcconaughey who made them love the show and season 2 is just gonna be an average detective drama.
Ill be disappointed if there wont be at least one A list actor in season 2.

Deadline reporting the casting prototypes TD is after since they can't get any of these actors maybe Taylor though:

Unofficial breakdowns floated around have listed the three leads as a fortysomething male detective/cop with Joaquin Phoenix, Christian Bale and Josh Brolin as prototypes, a twentysomething male cop with Taylor Kitsch as the prototype and a thirtysomething female detective, with Jessica Chastain as a potential prototype.

I'd like to see James Mcavoy. He played in a movie called Filth, played a Rust Cohke type, but more shallow. Then you see him in X Men and put them together could be great.

MvpYmhD.gif

New S I Teaser for upcoming Blu-Ray / DVD Release:

Last edited:
New Q&A with Matty:

Excerpt:
DEADLINE: If you’d wanted sequels, you could have stayed doing movies?

MCCONAUGHEY: I liked True Detective, the whole series and the experience of making it, so much that I’d be open to doing another one now. At the time, I was looking at six months and not beyond that. I don’t know of a feature film I’d sign for where I’m going to say, “If this works, you’ve got me whenever you want me for the next three years.”

Good read if you want more of the backstory of Rust and how Matty got the role:
Full Interview

Just finished watching season 1 for the first time. Great show, looking forward to next season taking place in Socal. Noticed they had an episode take place in inland Cali (with the bikers in Beaumont), wonder if they'll choose the same city

The show peaks at episode 5 then there is a noticeable drop off IMO. Well worth watching though. Just don't overthink anything.

New Interview w/Nic Pizzolatto

The attention the show and Pizzolatto himself received was a little unnerving. Afterall, he is a relative newbie to the world of television. A novelist and teacher of creative writing, he wrote two episodes of the AMC series The Killing before putting together True Detective.

He has already written the first two episodes of the second season and says he has some vague ideas for a third season.

But he admits the idea of each season being an independent, self-contained story is a little daunting.

“Every season, I’m essentially creating a brand new TV show,” he said. “It can’t have any growing pains like a regular first season. If it works it has to work right out of the box. That’s incredibly exhausting. I mean, the job is exhausting to begin with, but it’s doubly exhausting and I’m writing every episode. I can’t imagine I would do this more than three years. I mean, I’d like to have a regular TV show. We’ll have some fixed sets, regular actors and I could bring in people to help and I don’ t have to be there every second. It’d be great.”

Full Interview

Last edited:
wouldn't be surprised if the 2nd season is a dud

not trying to be a debbie downer but I'm still kinda mad how the first season ended 

Take it with a grain of salt:

New Tweet saying S2 script is in with 1 Male Lead and 2 Co-Stars Male/Female.

Last edited:
I read they started filming, yet they havent announced the leads?
I hope we dont get too bummed out when its some irrelevant actor/actress........... :smh:

Last edited:
Damn son already coming through with the complaints to lowball the quality of the 2nd season. Guess he aint want or was ready for the fame.

When I heard about the format, I assumed he already had stories in mind for each season, which would be like it's own new tv show. In my eyes, you get that down simply don't change and then just work from there ep to ep.

I can understand writing the whole thing by yourself and having to be there all the time being a problem but hey that's what he signed up for since he wants to be sole creator. Lot of work but he gets to reap the benefits of all of that.

Last edited:
I read they started filming, yet they havent announced the leads?
I hope we dont get too bummed out when its some irrelevant actor/actress........... :smh:

You're not optimistic they'll cast good leads? What would make them irrelevant? If they aren't big names but fit the roles then let them cook.

This one take still stands as one of the best I've ever seen, if not the.

Un ******* real :pimp: .

Back
Top Bottom