∞True Detective Season 1 Thread ***CLOSED***∞

Just wait for the season to air. It's great when people say something will already be bad when it's not even out yet.

Seriously, dudes need to get a grip.

**** that man.

going from MM and Woody to those two? man bye. You dont DROP quality after such a breakthrough 1st season. Either go above it or maintain actors with the same range of ability those guys have..neither colin or taylor are even in the same breath.

its like the spurs going from Tim Duncan and Tony parker as your main pieces one year to patty mills and tiago splitter the next.

Last edited:
The writing is what made the show truly great.

MM and Woody were fantastic especially MM but it also is because of how well both of their parts were written.

As long as the writing is still at the same level, I have no worries.

I understand the writing aspect but if the actors are ****, it doesn't matter man.

I understand the writing aspect but if the actors are ****, it doesn't matter man.

It matters bruh. A good script and director can bring out the best in average actors if they commit to it.
Im giving season 2 a chance even if the actors are Vince Vaughn & Owen Wilson

What has Colin Farrell ever been good in?

He was good in phone booth , swat, minority report. Taylor will be good. He killed it on fnl, smaller screen might be better for these two. I hope with these two they bring a bunch of hot broads to dry hump on the show.

What has Colin Farrell ever been good in?
swat
sick.gif

Fine with Colin.

Not with Taylor. I haven't seen anything where he was a decent actor. That's not a MM situation, the majority of ppl dismissed him cuz they haven't seen his best. I've unfortunately seen Taylor in a lot of his stuff. What was he good in?

Not going to lie, the most interesting/exciting I heard about was Ellen Paige. I can see her playing that role.

You telling me she couldn't play in True Detective, you're tripping to me. And this is when she was young, she has gotten better.

To bad, to bad.
Nope, not convincingly to this show's tone and past standard.

That was an okay movie. What she did in it wasn't all that believable.

I actually liked Farrell in Horrible Bosses... :lol:

But other good roles he had (Not mentioned) were in Pride & Glory, I liked Miami Vice, Ondine, & Intermission. He had a nice supporting role in Crazy Heart too...

Lulz at the Imperioli talk. He's an extremely limited actor not even in the same stratosphere as Farrell. His post Sopranos work has been awful.

Are y'all fans of True Detective or fans of Matt and Woody?

For me, both. I liked the show & also liked most of the body of work for both actors. MM got back to acting from Lincoln Lawyer on...

Last edited:
For me, both. I liked the show & also liked most of the body of work for both actors. MM got back to acting from Lincoln Lawyer on...

I'm in the same boat, but that question was mostly directed to the people who have already decided that the second season will be bad because the rumored leads aren't up to their standards.

I'm in the same boat, but that question was mostly directed to the people who have already decided that the second season will be bad because the rumored leads aren't up to their standards.

I think the show will be fine. I do wonder however what the effect will be with Fukunaga not directing. I think part of the success of TD's first season was that he directed every episode & the synergy between he & Pizzolatto.

But again, I think it will be fine. If a show like House Of Cards can have a great 2nd season with different directors, TD should be fine.

I think the show will be fine. I do wonder however what the effect will be with Fukunaga not directing. I think part of the success of TD's first season was that he directed every episode & the synergy between he & Pizzolatto.

But again, I think it will be fine. If a show like House Of Cards can have a great 2nd season with different directors, TD should be fine.

Rumor is that they are trying to get Oscar directors since they would only be doing a single episode. Could work.

:lol: at all the *****ing because they couldnt get A-listers again. I hope yall keep your word and dont watch...leave and take your **** *** theories with you too

Man shut up

nobody is trying to go from mm to colin farrell man. NOBODY.

Last edited:
:lol:

my god
what comeback is that? MM never needed a comeback he just decided to move into serious roles and get away from the chick flicks

Yeah I was gonna say something about movies like Failure to Launch or Ghosts of Girlfriends Past but they all made a decent amount of money. Matt's always been an ok box office draw (except for Sahara :lol:)

I'm a fan of both.. woody been putting in work for years..

and matt been my dude since he was wooderson..

Woody is a great actor; Zombieland is one of my favorite movies

MM has always been great he just decided to make chick flicks which were cash cows; I still remember seeing A Time to Kill in theaters as a teen which showcased his acting ability

As it's been said- good writing trumps all.
Those of you that keep making fun of how people dug into the series like it was Lost...
That's a sign of great writing! It's thought provoking.
So, if the most important aspect of a project is writing-- Check! TD has that without question.
Basically, if the series is an NFL team, True Detective has a top 5 QB in the league.
But as of right now, he's the only member of the roster, the coaches haven't been chosen, and we have not the slightest clue as to what schemes will be ran.

Maybe you're trying to picture Colin or Taylor in a Rust Cohle role... but who says there's going to be a Rust Cohle part in this season?
I have seen Colin Farrell shine in seriocomic roles.
In Bruges and Seven Psychopaths are perfect.
I'm unfamiliar with Kitsch, so I can't speak on him.
But just like the GP/Karl Malone Lakers, or the recent Miami Heat-- it's impossible to judge the final outcome this early in the preseason.
Be patient, have some faith. And maybe, just maybe, season 2 will be better than the debut!
I mean Pizzolatto has more control this time around, I'd think that's a sign of great things to come.

FX is salty. :lol: Two amazing shows no need to fight.

On whether Fargo will face the same challenges as True Detective in casting Season 2:

Following the announcement that Fargo will return for a 10-episode second season, Landgraf was asked whether he expects to face the same casting and storyline scrutiny that HBO's True Detective has been weathering since the end of its first season earlier this year. His response was calm, cool, and collected, with a dash of fightin' words: "I think [True Detective] is going to have to prove that it's more than just a vehicle for movie stars," Landgraf said, adding that [True Detective creator Nic Pizzolatto] "is going to have to prove that he can write something truly great." He went on to praise Fargo writer Noah Hawley's incredible work in Season 1, saying that it'd be "nice to have a movie star in the second cycle of Fargo, but I don’t really think it’s necessary. I think we needed Billy Bob Thornton [in Season 1], but I don’t think we need somebody next year. It will bring more buzz [to have a big name], but frankly, I think we can do it with unknowns. I think Allison Tolman brought as much as to Fargo as Billy Bob Thornton. We could do the whole show with a group of talented young Allison Tolmans."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom