∞True Detective Season 1 Thread ***CLOSED***∞

People liked the Michael Jordan quote, but I liked, "“Ain’t it funny, Marty? The s**t you get soft about.”

It's interesting all the stuff that accumulating around Cohle during the "interview" like the Big Hug Mug... :lol:

He's continuing to stay cool under pressure while Hart is starting to get uneasy & somewhat despondent.

I loved the scene where he walks off after talking to Maggie (when she insulted him). The look he gave was priceless... He had some many things/thoughts running across his face...

Anyone else see a lot of Michael Mann influence in the show? the photography & the bluntness of the narrative?

Last edited:
good episode. I was expecting them go into the "cooking camp" in this one (I watched episodes 1-3 on HBO go so I didn't see a preview for ep 4)

There were so many great quotes in this episode...

“That must be hard, living with someone spouting insane s*** in your ear all day long” - Cohle

“You can’t spot crazy p****?” – Cohle

“There is no pageant to perform, your disappointment is irrelevant” & “I will skull f** you, you b****” - Hart

“We hit trouble, you’re just going to f*** it in the a**” – One of the bikers.

I think I wanna look for a Big Hug Mug...

I actually laughed out loud when Hart tried looking into the little bit of mirror that Cohle put up on the wall. "Are you supposed to see both of your eyes?" :lol:

My coworker seems to think all the items Cohle has amassed around him in the interview is being used like in The Usual Suspects when Verbal told his tale using objects around him... :rolleyes

Last edited:
Best show on television :pimp:

Lisa blowing up Hart's spot :smh:

Cohle doing all those drugs and still being able to function :wow:

Hart with the quotes :pimp:

That suicide GTA mission ending :wow: :x :pimp:

I thought Hart was going to F everything up when he went into that biker bar.

What if Cohle is the killer?

It's amazing the details/back story of Cohle that's starting to be shown. He also had no problems lying about seeing his father while taking personal time to go deep cover like Laurence Fishburne.

In some ways, it seems like Cohle is leading Hart the way he wants him to go. Hart seems to obliged to follow...

For my man Cohle...

Last edited:

It's amazing the details/back story of Cohle that's starting to be shown. He also had no problems lying about seeing his father while taking personal time to go deep cover like Laurence Fishburne.

In some ways, it seems like Cohle is leading Hart the way he wants him to go. Hart seems to obliged to follow...

For my man Cohle...

I feel like they've been alluding towards that possibility throughout the show, that Rust has the capability to be the killer. One quote in particular stood out to me, I think it was back in the 2nd episode when he was talking to the prostitute and said "Of course I'm dangerous, I'm police. I can do terrible things to people with impunity".

I still think that it's probably not him. The writers have done a good job at making us think that it could be him but I think that it's probably just to throw off the audience. It's definitely interesting finding out more about him,his past and his motivation.

McConaughey has surprised me a ton in this and Dallas Buyers club this past year,proving that he's a hell on an actor with a ton of range :smokin. Emmy worthy performance already only halfway through the season. Woody's also done a great job as Hart.

Last edited:
Wow @ the ending. Straight up GTA :nthat:
0qpHP5A.jpg

Last edited:

I feel like they've been alluding towards that possibility throughout the show, that Rust has the capability to be the killer. One quote in particular stood out to me, I think it was back in the 2nd episode when he was talking to the prostitute and said "Of course I'm dangerous, I'm police. I can do terrible things to people with impunity".

I still think that it's probably not him. The writers have done a good job at making us think that it could be him but I think that it's probably just to throw off the audience. It's definitely interesting finding out more about him,his past and his motivation.

McConaughey has surprised me a ton in this and Dallas Buyers club this past year,proving that he's a hell on an actor with a ton of range :smokin. Emmy worthy performance already only halfway through the season. Woody's also done a great job as Hart.

Another quote that kinda sticks out for me is “I don’t sleep, I dream.” What if Cohle has a multiple personality disorder or is a schizophrenic. He's constantly voicing his opinions about humans & human nature in a way that shows he hates people.

He goes onto saying "The honorable thing for our species to do is deny our programming..." The one thing we humans do well is kill, lie, & cheat.

http://i.imgur.com/RToh1ff.gif/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/V5ob8Ct.jpg?1
iWnDuYpaq00G9.gif

Last edited:
1. he probably asked what it was cut with so it doesn't kill him.

2. he went deep cover and didn't want his boss to know. why would he tell the detectives questioning him?

I thought it was a "truth agent" too, MM looked tweeked out his mind but I thought he was trying hard to stay in "character" in front of the biker.

The biker looked like everlast too.

I doubt he is, but the way his persona was written its definitely to draw your suspicions. Him being the architect of the whole thing a la memento wouldn't surprise me.

It will be interesting to see what they do with the ginger biker. Since Cohle went off grid he & Hart can't take him in...

Anyone notice a different times Cohle was bathed in yellow light? Also what if he does have Schizophrenia or multiple personalities, he could be using that little mirror on the wall to talk to everyone. We've also seen him hallucinate several times...

Last edited:
Rust Cohle aint the killer. However, I think the detectives are interviewing them again cuz they believe Rust is guilty of something in regards to the killer and whoever is doing these new killings 14 years later. Notice at the start of this Rust wasn't surprised at all that somebody else was doing the killing and mentioned himself that we might've caught the wrong guy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom