∞True Detective Season 1 Thread ***CLOSED***∞

aye reminds me of hannibal the series mixed with se7en. Very intriguing and complex. These episodes need some multiple viewings though got lost following the leads and clues. :smh:

Breath of fresh air though that a show doesn't assume the audience is dumb i'm talking to you "The Following" :x

And Matt damn he can play the weirdo character to a tee. The dynamic between Matt and Woody is amazing too. :wow: Pairing the weirdo, rain man version for a detective with the family man normal detective is entertaining.

I was laughing at every time Woody said shut the **** up in the car. :lol:

This whole flashback thing is cool too. So the present cops are interviewing matt & woody because they either caught the wrong dude in 95 and the real suspect just popped up back on the radar now or there is a cult follower or a copycat.

Can't wait for more. :pimp: LEGGO!

Aye I seriously want Cuba Gooding & John Goodman as the next detectives. I think those two can bring the best out of each other.

Last edited:
Yo Matthew McChougnehy's character is super interesting in this.

I really wanna know what happened to him that he's so different now than he was.

I have a feeling that he knew they didn't solve the case, but put someone away, and he ended up saying "**** it" and dropping out of society.

Very interesting episode. Saw the pics for the next episode :evil:

Matt's character is just a dude who probably lost it after his daughter died and once the case was over it just pushed him over the edge.

Woody is just a typical family man detective who works too much sometimes.

Love the concept of new actors every season but 8 episodes just seems really short.

it's A list actors man can't have'em for longer than 8 :lol: plus with such a short amount the payoff for the buildup will come sooner. But I know what you mean.

good concept.

looking forward to next episode. lots to digest and figure out in this first one

There were a couple of dudes from Treme in this episode. I guess they must have HBO contracts which isn't a bad gig.

Alright. Alright :smokin

This was a very dope 1st ep. It really set the tone for what's basically gonna be a 12 8 hr movie.

I gotta say if you told me Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey were gonna be in a cop drama and MM was gonna be the weird stoic detective detective type cop and Woody the straight laced blue collar detective I would've said "Nah, you buggin, let Woody work. I aint trying to see that" but MM really did his thing and in that one ep managed to convey a very interesting character, especially when you see him 17 years later.

Plus I just saw Wolf so a lot of stuff MM was saying and how he was reacting just had me laughing so hard. Like for a while I was stuck on his delivery and spontaneity in Wolf and it bled in to this role for me a little while obviously it was a different tone.

Wanna see more from Woody's character and get a better sense of this serial killer for sure and how it connects to this new case.

I'm locked in for this season though.

Last edited:
I'm really liking the vibe of this show.. it reminds me of a well paced, well thought version of The Killing but with top notch acting.

What a year for Matthew McConaughey. :pimp:

I'm really liking the vibe of this show.. it reminds me of a well paced, well thought version of The Killing but with top notch acting.

What a year for Matthew McConaughey. :pimp:
I thought the same but didn't want to say it.

I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing.. I mean the show was good for the first season but everyone got off the ride because they never revealed anything until late in season 2. They had a good idea but didn't execute is right... but I feel with HBO behind TD and the actors they have on board, they can't go wrong with this. The first episode already has me hooked, it was definitely a slow build but I think the payoff is going to be fulfilling just by the way the characters are in the (I guess) future.

And Zik, I completely agree with your thoughts on role differential between Woody/Matt.. I definitely thought they would be playing the opposite roles from their previous roles.

I really like that MM is getting due and better roles, he has definitely been a favorite of mine this year. It's only going to continue with him working with Nolan for Interstellar.

But yeah, for the show.. I'm getting a Killing/Dexter(Doomsday killer) vibe from it off first ep.

itRtKmRmhuQrn.gif

Yes @ that gif. :lol: When i saw matt slap the dude, i instantly said to myself that would make a good gif to use on nt. :smh:

I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing.. I mean the show was good for the first season but everyone got off the ride because they never revealed anything until late in season 2. They had a good idea but didn't execute is right... but I feel with HBO behind TD and the actors they have on board, they can't go wrong with this. The first episode already has me hooked, it was definitely a slow build but I think the payoff is going to be fulfilling just by the way the characters are in the (I guess) future.

And Zik, I completely agree with your thoughts on role differential between Woody/Matt.. I definitely thought they would be playing the opposite roles from their previous roles.

I really like that MM is getting due and better roles, he has definitely been a favorite of mine this year. It's only going to continue with him working with Nolan for Interstellar.

But yeah, for the show.. I'm getting a Killing/Dexter(Doomsday killer) vibe from it off first ep.
Yeah, I agree. Good concept, terrible execution and then bad red herring writing followed.

I was dying off this :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom