∞True Detective Season 1 Thread ***CLOSED***∞

Just watched the premiere, and I'm sold. I liked the eerie vibe of the case, and the estranged relationship between Rust and Martin (even in the scenes set in the 90s).

Was Martin (Harrelson) upset or confused at the fact that Rust stayed for dinner after the "phone call"? I figure he was confused, but just want some clarification.

Looking forward to next week. It really has been the Year of McConaughey indeed :pimp: .

I just can't wait to see what transpires to get them from where they were in the 90s to 2012.

Anyone notice that Woody's character wasn't wearing a wedding ring in 2012? Also, I'm pretty sure they are interviewing them because MM's character is a suspect in the new murder.

Yeah Woody is definitely divorced in 2012, they made it pretty obvious that he was also ******g that girl (Daddario) that came in near the end of the episode.

Yep, this pilot episode got me on. Always intrigued by the the crime/mystery genre and in addition the combination of the overall eerie tone of the show sets a solid foundation for a great series. And of course the superlative acting and chemistry between MM and Woody. Def interested to see how this series unfolds.

Also, similar to AHS, this show will use an anthology format which means new storylines as well as a new cast. :smokin

mMr648K.gif

Last edited:
I just can't wait to see what transpires to get them from where they were in the 90s to 2012.

Anyone notice that Woody's character wasn't wearing a wedding ring in 2012? Also, I'm pretty sure they are interviewing them because MM's character is a suspect in the new murder.

Not sure if they thought he was a suspect, I think they made it seem that way but by the end, it felt like they were consulting him for help more than anything.

Really enjoyed the first episode. It was a slow burn but kept me interested at all times. I appreciate that, at least for the first episode, the show is very dark themed but it's not shot in the dark. Being able to see the environments during the day and letting the tone, environments, and acting dictate the mood rather than just shooting in darkness was really refreshing to see from a show like this.

McConaughey's acting was top notch here. His little "ticks" that he gave his character are great. Next episode be on the lookout for his finger movements and overall body language. It's just subtle things that he's doing that really make the character more fleshed out. It was good to see Woody in this type of role and thought he did a bang up job as well. Will definitely watch next week.

Last edited:
Holy ****! What a debut. HBO has struck gold with this one. I don't know if you'll find better acting on TV. Had a lot of elements of shows/movies that I love. One hour isn't enough.... :smh: :lol:

From Reddit:

When asked about the antlers on the victims head, Cohle says that it's some sort of crown, when they interview the victims ex-husband, he says the last time he talked to her, she was talking crazy, saying how she met a King.

:nerd:

Last edited:
I love the interplay between Cohle & Hart. Hart respects Cohle & knows he's a good detective but he finds him creepy as s**t which I find hilarious. I feel like they flashed some t***y & not going to show us too much over the course of the season.

Cohle was getting n my nerves with that slow & deliberate toke of the cigs... :lol: I thought he was going to finish one of them off in one drag.

I was :lol: when he asked for a sixer of Ole Milwaukee or Lone Star...

I'm in for this season.

Last edited:
From Reddit:

When asked about the antlers on the victims head, Cohle says that it's some sort of crown, when they interview the victims ex-husband, he says the last time he talked to her, she was talking crazy, saying how she met a King.

:nerd:

Yea, I caught that too.

It was a bit slow but it was expected from a premiere episode.

I'm intrigued.

Watched it last night, a little slow but it's going to get better as it goes IMO. They have my attention. A lot of people dump on Matthew McConaughey but I think he's a pretty good actor.

I love tv and movies with a creepy, atmospheric vibe

McConaughey's character intrigues me

I'm late, but sure... I'll bite.  

Obtaining episode 1 right now............

Originally Posted by Balla J**** 

Its cuz Mcconaughey bangs Woody's wife calling it right now. Thats what causes the falling out. Notice how after mcconaughey started talking to woodys wife he didn't want to leave the house anymore like they had planned.

[QUOTE url="/t/569038/hbos-true-detective-2-1-19-14-seeing-things-mcconaughey-harrelson-7-episodes-left/90#post_19560281"]

[/B]
Its cuz Mcconaughey bangs Woody's wife calling it right now. Thats what causes the falling out. Notice how after mcconaughey started talking to woodys wife he didn't want to leave the house anymore like they had planned.
[/quote]

He might bang her later in the series but I don't see that as the reason for the divorce. From the first episode and Woody talking about Cole I think that Woody's character feels bad about how HE lost his family and how HE screwed it up rather than Cole screwing it up. I think we're gonna see some classic scumbag Woody here in a few episodes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom