⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been lurking a lot, rarely post in here. Better get this out the way. My teams

Liverpool
Junior de Barranquilla, Colombia
River Plate, Argentina

I think if they some how find a home for Bale, its definitely possible, I wouldn't sleep on PSG figuring something out too

Maybe Juve gets rid of some of combo of Dybala, Costa, Sandro and bring him back

We need a NBA style off season this year

flyeed flyeed we definitely need a change in the midfield no matter what, outside of Pogba & Eriksen I haven't seen other names, Ndombele rumor seems like bs

I honestly think with our personnel a better option could be a change of formation. Hazard, Vinicius, and Asensio aren’t really prolific scoring wingers. Benz has shown he deserves to start. And we need Jovic’s goals. So I think some variation on the 4-4-2 is the way to go.

I do think something is missing in the middle though. And if we play a 4-3-3 then Pogba is the answer. But if you pay him his crazy salary it means he’s indirectly even more expensive because other players in the present and future will use his salary as a reference point for their own pay.

Like if you’re Luka Modric, earning €11m, how would you feel if after winning 4 CLs for RM and being the reigning BdO and World Cup golden ball winner, the much younger Pogba comes in earning €18m?

This reminds me of what happened in Italy a few years ago, I can't remember the clubs that were playing. But the ultra's were flexing. I think it happened during the match as well.

I've been lurking a lot, rarely post in here. Better get this out the way. My teams

Liverpool
Junior de Barranquilla, Colombia
River Plate, Argentina

Are you Colombian and Argentine? How did you end up following those times? How do you keep up with them? I'm sure River is pretty manageable but JdB must be hard unless you use Fubo or something like that.

7E7838D8-FD9A-42EA-835F-B12CFE74B2C9.jpeg
Hatty.
Benz been had trash cuts his whole career

I’m on Salah’s side here.....

Don’t be out here trying to take my penalty away when you’re James Milner.

Yeah...rule number 1 for me. If you earned the pen you get first choice on taking it. I know teams have the set penalty taker. But you are up 1-0 already on Cardiff and Salah is one goal away from being the top scorer in the league. Like let mans have the goal

We should be able to overcome Burnley without much issue but I'm expecting a sturdy, parked bus which might change things.

I'm still having hard time figuring out where guys like James, Sane (if he pushes for a move), Ozil, Memphis (I could see Inter), go then there's a bunch of younger talented guys like Pepe, Leon Baily, Ziyech, Neres etc... And there's always a few surprises.

Was just thinking about where Fekir would end up. Surely, he can't stay another season at Lyon. The Unai-Ozil relationship won't get any better. I see Bayern...as a possibility but I also think that's dependent on James. I think Unai rather have James out of the 2 players.

I mean the Spanish players have a point here and have a reason to be suspicious....

How did Ashley Young, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, and Luke Shaw alllllllllll get contract extensions this year?

How is that possible? How have these bums survived so long at United anyways?

The English hype machine still working hard, still in overdrive. It never stops :lol:

Guedes & Rodrigo finally coming good in the latter part of this season, its been a big boost for Valencia, who definitely need to make the CL.

Coupé It Coupé It I think Luke Shaw is a good player, I wonder how good he would look if he was in better shape

Guedes & Rodrigo finally coming good in the latter part of this season, its been a big boost for Valencia, who definitely need to make the CL.

Coupé It Coupé It I think Luke Shaw is a good player, I wonder how good he would look if he was in better shape

I don’t think he is a good player at all. He’s not technical enough and he’s slow, I don’t like slow fullbacks. But he’s serviceable, he can be a back up at United. Definitely not starting XI quality.

The rest of the players should have left United during Moyes time.

The context of that quote is that he’s not leaving PSG this summer. Nobody has even been talking about him leaving. He also said he’ll be watching Real next season as an admirer.

Are you Colombian and Argentine? How did you end up following those times? How do you keep up with them? I'm sure River is pretty manageable but JdB must be hard unless you use Fubo or something like that.

Yeah I'm Colombian. I only get to watch a few games of Junior on directv each month. RCN channel. I follow River too because my nephew is in their academy, kids division, under 10 yrs old bracket iirc.

Apparently Real are having trouble trying to offload Bale and might have to loan him out. Need FIFA to push back Chelsea’s ban. Think a move there would have made sense with Hazard’s departure. No wonder why Bale wants to stay at RM despite not being welcome. He knows he doesn’t have any suitors.

From an outside perspective I get it, you're getting a 30 year old, often injured player, who will cost you big in transfer fees and wages, and when he finally got chance to be the guy on a big club he faltered. RM is going to have to take an L somewhere here either give a team sweetheart deal on the transfer and pay some of the wages, loan him with a cheap option to buy, keep him and no one is really happy, or work out some type of buyout with Bale which I don't even know if that exists in this sport.

Bale just isn't the guy he used to be or should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom