⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not so loud guys...

giphy.gif

I was down for Griezmann to go to barca so we’d have bread for Pogba and my boi Keita Balde. I wish Atleti had me in their board smh

Pogba played well today. He played much more of a free role today then I’ve ever seen the dotard let him. This needs to happen from here on in.

I knew Fred would fit right in. Was that card really a foul?

If it weren’t for Bailey & his RR class defending (& DdG of course), this game would’ve been a 2-2 draw.

Wasn’t Periera a winger while on loan at Valencia? Pretty impressive game from him playing a new position. I bet his stats look really nice.

Why is it a team like @heggsy FC can find talent & teams with bigger budgets can’t? I was impressed with the likes of Ndidi (tackle machine), Ricardo (another tackle machine), Maddison, & Gray...

Their personnel guru leaves for Everton, effs them all up & ruins Koeman’s name, & @heggsy FC just reloads like it’s nothing... damn... I actually like their squad over all the moves the likes of Wolves, Everton, & Fulham made...

Tomorrow’s game with Coupé It Coupé It ’s squad should be very interesting given both teams made so many moves. Too early yet for either team to have gelled together...

Last edited:
Pogba played well today. He played much more of a free role today then I’ve ever seen the dotard let him. This needs to happen from here on in.

I knew Fred would fit right in. Was that card really a foul?

If it weren’t for Bailey & his RR class defending (& DdG of course), this game would’ve been a 2-2 draw.

Wasn’t Periera a winger while on loan at Valencia? Pretty impressive game from him playing a new position. I bet his stats look really nice.

Why is it a team like @heggsy FC can find talent & teams with bigger budgets can’t? I was impressed with the likes of Ndidi (tackle machine), Ricardo (another tackle machine), Maddison, & Gray...

Their personnel guru leaves for Everton, effs them all up & ruins Koeman’s name, & @heggsy FC just reloads like it’s nothing... damn... I actually like their squad over all the moves the likes of Wolves, Everton, & Fulham made...

Tomorrow’s game with Coupé It Coupé It ’s squad should be very interesting given both teams made so many moves. Too early yet for either team to have gelled together...

I didn’t catch the United vs Heggsy game, but I saw the reaction within the press. They were in hysterics because United won. I saw a penalty and fluke goal by Shaw only...

Did they play that well?

What's brahs, since this will be my first season back following football fulltime, a couple quick questions:

-What are some good Youtube channels for extended highlights?

-Are there any good blogs, writers, or podcast you guys would recommend.

I plan on following the Champion league, the Premier League (have not picked a new team to support yet), and Juve (because of Ronny)

Thanks for the help in advance.

What's brahs, since this will be my first season back following football fulltime, a couple quick questions:

I plan on following the Champion league, the Premier League (have not picked a new team to support yet), and Juve (because of Ronny)

La Liga has won the last 5 champions leagues (7 of the 10 finalists in this time) and 6 of the last 9 Europa Leagues which is the equivalent of champions league for mid-tier teams. Has the most skillful football. Don’t sleep on it, with Barca, Real Madrid, and Atletico Madrid.

I’d also recommend not forcefully picking a team. It should happen naturally.

Last edited:

I follow La Liga centric writers & such but for podcasts that center around the Prem here are a few-
- The Gaurdian's Football Weekly
- The Game (ft. Gab Marcotti & others).
- The Football Ramble
* These 3 are good bcs it's a panel of pundits & not just one which i find is better format.
- Men In Blazers. I don't listen or watch them as much any more bcs they're Prem specific but they're funny as ish.
- BBC Radio 5's Euro Leagues Football Show. Love the hosts Mina Rzouki, Julien Laurens, Raphael Honigstein and James Horncastle. Great round up of all the leagues.

As far as sites, I’ve come to find the Bleacher Report’s feed for world football via the following link is the best source of all that’s going on. Some of the stuff they post is salacious rumor though because they’re just sharing sources via twitter & IG imbeds.

https://bleacherreport.com/world-football

Other sites I’d recommend are the Guardians, The BBC’s footy section. I quit like ZonalMarking.net but the guy doesn’t update as often. His tactical analysis is astute.

101greatgoals might be a good source of Prem highlights for you to.

Last edited:
RustyShackleford RustyShackleford Total Soccer Show is a good podcast too they focus more on tactical previews and breakdowns Tifo Football is another in that lane. Tifo football also has a great youtube channel for breaking down tactics. On the Continent is good too as well focuses on all the top European leagues its a offshoot of The Football Ramble. I can't recommend more outside of that cause the rest of the football podcast I listen are City specific.

guardian is good

The Totally Football Show with James Richardson - heavy on EPL & Europe focused
Spanish Football Podcast with Sid Lowe - La Liga focused

^ The three best football podcasts

The Total Soccer Show - EPL, CL, USMNT focused
Managing Madrid - Real Madrid focused
Churros y Tacticas - La Liga focused, heavy on Real & Barca
Caught Offside - EPL focused, CL & MLS, USMNT

This what I had last year, after a year of listening, I would move the Total Soccer Show up into one of the best football podcasts category

I really like Sanchez from Spurs. He seems to always be under control, never stressing.
He was very good last season too. I was amazed how fast and how well he slotted in after we bought him the summer before.

Just tuning in,seems like the 20 mins was vintage Prem chaos :lol:

Looks miserable,surely just a matter of time before he hands in that transfer request...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom