⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame to the Wembley white boys, saw the match on my phone. Need to see highlights of all the games.

Kroos is appropriate on the list I would say for such high runnings in the UCL with both Bayern and Madrid. Those teams are a given but he’s won with both. Several times

Modric is more important than Kroos, they both have 4 CLs, the one time Madrid was knocked out the CL in the past 5 years Modric was when injured

Messi not messing around in the CL this season (no pun intended) already bagged 5 goals but its been the knockout stages where he hasn't been at his best the past few years

Last edited:
Messi’s “problems” in the knock out stages the last couple of years has been due to a very average midfield (& team overall).

damn. i havent seen highlights but got the notification we lost. Going in I didnt think we'd really loose but i was hoping for a draw. Time to regroup and get ready for City. YNWA

The Count should play Arthur a lot more... Same with Semedo. I thought Nelson did well defending today except for when he got turnt by Arry.

He didn’t seem that comfortable getting forward but I know he can. He displayed being a complete fullback when he first came then he didn’t get much playing time there after.

Both he & Arthur need to play often & be allowed to make mistakes & learn from them without the fear of being yanked later or not get future starts.

Young Selecao Nas needs game time to...

Man, I’d love to see a midfield of Arthur & Frenkie...

Them Jordan P$G kits look niiiice....

Damn watching his game again. Messi’s passing today was unreal.

Last edited:
The Count should play Arthur a lot more... Same with Semedo. I thought Nelson did well defending today except for when he got turnt by Arry.

He didn’t seem that comfortable getting forward but I know he can. He displayed being a complete fullback when he first came then he didn’t get much playing time there after.

Both he & Arthur need to play often & be allowed to make mistakes & learn from them without the fear of being yanked later or not get future starts.

Young Selecao Nas needs game time to...

Man, I’d love to see a midfield of Arthur & Frenkie...

Them Jordan P$G kits look niiiice....

Damn watching his game again. Messi’s passing today was unreal.

I forgot about Malcom already. When was the last time he even played?

I forgot about Malcom already. When was the last time he even played?
Honestly, I can’t remember the last time he played. I kinda remember him in a game at the beginning of Sept & then at the end. Maybe the loss to Leganes?

Regardless of how he’s rumored to feel (about Malcom), the count has to develope these youngsters by showing them what they need to do in practice, in the weight room, film study, & get them playing time. I don’t understand what’s happening at Barca bcs he’s nurtured the likes of Inaki Williams & Aymeric Laporte.

He’s not doing it & worse Barca look tactically a mess (partly bcs they have subpar talent or old *** players that can’t hang).

Last edited:
inter-19-20-home-kit-2.jpg

Nike really going away from tradition next season

I think after this round of CL matches, Italy has moved past england in the uefa coefficients into 2nd place behind all mighty Spain. :lol: Sad sack Prem teams...

cheers @Belgium @rck3sactown
great match

arthur is legit. wonderful performance.
umtiti and lenglet should be our backline. umtiti was great on the right side last season went pique when out.
messi is the goat. dude was ridiculous today

totenham played a great match. poch's team plays beautifully aggressive.
hope yall come full strength to the camp nou.

I really like how Erik ten Hag has been using Frenkie's versatility last campaign & this one. Since coming to Ajax last December, he's quickly got his team to play the way he wants them to. I love how they "counterpress after a turn over" & look to press high pressuring opposing teams to make mistakes. Bayern had a lot of trouble dealing with them in the last CL match. This is a continuation of what Ten Hag did at Utrecht during his 2 years at the helm there. He really should be on everyone's list for a manager including Barca's. If anyone knows Dutcch footy, they'll know before his arrival, Utrecht was an absolute mess. He turned it around dramatically.

BTW, hats off to Japanese footy legend Kazuyoshi Miura whose still playing & bagging goals at 51 even if it's Japanese 2nd division. :smokin

Last edited:
Europa League action today
Thursday, October 4
12:55 pm ET - Milan vs. Olympiacos (Europa League), Univision Deportes Network, fuboTV, B/R Live

12:55 pm ET - Qarabag vs. Arsenal (Europa League), Galavision, fuboTV, B/R Live

12:55 pm ET - Rosenborg vs. RB Leipzig (Europa League), Univision Deportes app, B/R Live

12:55 pm ET - Salzburg vs. Celtic (Europa League), Univision Deportes app, B/R Live

3:00 pm ET - Chelsea vs. Videoton (Europa League), Univision Deportes app, B/R Live

3:00 pm ET - Frankfurt vs. Lazio (Europa League), Galavision, fuboTV, B/R Live

3:00 pm ET - Rangers vs. Rapid Vienna (Europa League), Univision Deportes app, B/R Live

3:00 pm ET - Spartak Moscow vs. Villarreal (Europa League), UniMas, fuboTV, B/R Live

7:30 pm ET - USWNT vs. Mexico (CONCACAF Women's Championship), FS2, Univision Deportes Network, fuboTV, Sling Blue, PlayStation Vue

Like I’ve said before, Napoli is and always will be about that life :lol: :lol:

Dudes gettin Marbury-ied in their own city :lol:

Saw a comment on FB saying that getting robbed at gunpoint in Napoli is just how the locals show their love towards their players :lol:

Seriously, which one of the main players hasn't been robbed yet? I know Hamsik has been robbed multiple times so far :lol:

Saw a comment on FB saying that getting robbed at gunpoint in Napoli is how the locals show their love towards their players :lol:

Seriously, which one of the main players hasn't been robbed yet? I know Hamsik has been robbed multiple times so far :lol:

I've said this before, I'd never, ever wear any club apparel in Napoli, I don't care if Porto are playing the Champions League final in Naples, I'd go around minding my own business. Napoli is the only city in Europe thats been able to intimidate me. (I've never been to Eastern Europe so I'm basing this on my experience, I'm sure many Eastern European war -torn cities are crazy too)....

Napoli is no joke, while I studied abroad in Rome I called it the South Bronx of Italy.... anyone planning on visiting Napoli, keep your head up and eyes open :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom