⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morata's issues are mostly mental. If he learns to stay on his feet and actually play with more aggression I bet he could get some other goals just from chance.

Sadly I don't think that happens while he's playing for Chelsea.

Yeah, I'm headed to Positano in a few weeks for a friend's birthday, and one of my other friends recommended to kick it in Napoli for a few days. My dad told me "You better be taking the shuttle straight to Positano from the airport, otherwise I'm not letting you go on this trip peacefully" :lol: I'm sure I'd be fine but it just seems too much of a hassle to deal with while trying to have fun on vacation. It's bad enough to always protect your pockets in major Southern European cities, but it seems 100x more annoying to deal with in Napoli. I'd rather go to places where I don't have to disguise myself as a homeless dude in order to not get pickpocketed/robbed.

Knowing myself though, I'll probably give in and end up going anyway :lol:

You lucky god damn bastard, Positano/Almalfi coast is one of my favorite places on earth. Hit up the Africana cave club mayn!!!! Go crazy, I’m jealous.

Hopefully it’s still warm but have fun bro. If you get too wild always remember, the water is not shallow, it’s a straight drop!! :lol:

damn i guess i gotta take naples off the list

Na you should still go, it’s still a historic city with great food and culture but it’s a little hood, that’s okay, still very much worth visiting. Plus the Amalfi coast is an hour south and that’s a MUST.

damn i guess i gotta take naples off the list

My cousin went a couple months ago and said it was alright. Said it looks like if you converted a grimy dive bar into a city, but the food is amazing :lol: Sounds like parts of SF but with more chances of getting pickpocketed.

My parents went in 2009ish, or whenever that whole garbage strike (because of the mafia) took place. My dad's memory of the place is mountains of trash and gangs of pickpocketers waiting on every corner. It's definitely not that bad anymore.

The corruption related to the mafia over there is still ridiculous and sad at the same time. They're responsible for dumping toxic waste at the outskirts of Naples, which is why people right outside of the city have extremely high rates of cancer :smh:

You lucky god damn bastard, Positano/Almalfi coast is one of my favorite places on earth. Hit up the Africana cave club mayn!!!! Go crazy, I’m jealous.

Hopefully it’s still warm but have fun bro. If you get too wild always remember, the water is not shallow, it’s a straight drop!! :lol:

Na you should still go, it’s still a historic city with great food and culture but it’s a little hood, that’s okay, still very much worth visiting. Plus the Amalfi coast is an hour south and that’s a MUST.

Yeah it's pretty much the only place in Italy I've been interested in going to. Weather looks good from the forecast so far, pretty similar to current Bay Area temps. From what I've read, 1-2 days should be enough right? Our plan is to land in Naples, maybe check out the city for an afternoon, head to Positano for a couple of nights, and then fly back

Yeah it's pretty much the only place in Italy I've been interested in going to. Weather looks good from the forecast so far, pretty similar to current Bay Area temps. From what I've read, 1-2 days should be enough right? Our plan is to land in Naples, maybe check out the city for an afternoon, head to Positano for a couple of nights, and then fly back

You’re only going for a few days!?!? God damn bro you must be a great friend :lol:

I love Positano but to fly from Cali to Italy is gonna be what? 18 hours? and you’re only gonna be there a couple days! Honestly I could easily do a full week or more in Positano/Almalfi. There is lots to see.

Your commitment is strong my friend, I like it. :lol:

You’re only going for a few days!?!? God damn bro you must be a great friend :lol:

I love Positano but to fly from Cali to Italy is gonna be what? 18 hours? and you’re only gonna be there a couple days! Honestly I could easily do a full week or more in Positano/Almalfi. There is lots to see.

Your commitment is strong my friend, I like it. :lol:

Hell no, I forgot to clarify that I'll be in Lisboa for a day and then Barcelona for around a week :lol: This Positano trip is just a Thursday-Saturday trip during that week.

Oh Ight, I was about to say dude - “is your friend dealing with a bad breakup or something?” or “do you own a private jet dude?” :lol:

But yea, your plan of a couple days is good, I’d concur. Salute!

Bruh there’s NOWHERE to catch EL highlights.

YouTube shut all the vids down :smh:

If you wanna see CL highlights, the Bleacher Report footy channel on youtube has the highlights for what I believe is all this week’s games.

Edit - I’m a dummy, you said EL not CL... I just looked & it looks like they have EL highlights to.

tnt gets an F for their footy coverage so far. Have they even broadcast any Serie A games yet across their cable footprint?

At least the murdochs spread it across their various fox channels & nbc puts it all over all their cable networks including usa network, cnbc, & msnbc when needed.

Nada/zilch from ol Ted Turner’s networks...

Last edited:
back from watching the nun at the cinema and I see Morata scored, bad omen that :lol:

I’m tired of hearing pundits & fans get on Lukalu for not scoring as of late... How’s a striker supposed to score when he gets no kind of service?!?! That midfield is there solely to track back... The only pundits I’ve heard correctly access the situation was them caught offsides dudes on epsnfc’s podcast.

Good to see Emery using the kids & even see them doing well... That count lookin’ *** mother ****** should be taking notes on how to bring on young players...

Ish brought a tear to my eye... Only in La Liga do you see skills like that. Best league in the world...

I remember Pablo from Malaga a couple of years ago. Then I saw him again with the Yellow Subs playing against my man Aouar in the CL last campaign. Lyon dominated Villarreal though.

LONDON (AP) — Cristiano Ronaldo faced growing heat Thursday from sponsors over a rape allegation in the United States after Nike and video game maker EA Sports expressed concern about the conduct of the soccer superstar, who has denied the accusations.

The five-time world player of the year, who was seen driving into the Juventus practice complex in the morning, received public backing from the Italian club, which said it would not judge him on the 2009 assault claim by a Nevada woman.

The show of support came shortly after Nike broke its silence in a statement to The Associated Press that described the company’s unease over its association with Ronaldo, which started in 2003. The latest terms signed in 2016 are worth a reported $1 billion, and Ronaldo has suggested that it was a deal “for life.”

But the Beaverton, Oregon-based company is troubled by details emerging from a lawsuit filed last week in a Nevada state court by the accuser, who alleges she was raped by Ronaldo in Las Vegas. Police have also re-opened an investigation.

“We are deeply concerned by the disturbing allegations and will continue to closely monitor the situation,” Nike said in an email to the AP.

One of the wealthiest and most gifted soccer players of all time, Ronaldo wears Nike boots and appears in its advertising. The Portugal captain is also the face of the EA Sports FIFA video game franchise, appearing on the cover of the 2019 game that was released worldwide last week.

“We have seen the concerning report that details allegations against Cristiano Ronaldo,” EA Sports told the AP. “We are closely monitoring the situation, as we expect cover athletes and ambassadors to conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with EA’s values.”
https://apnews.com/1a02c2e50f3f49ebbabc8fa13af36ba7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom