⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
As frustrated as I am by our lack of a goal threat, I can’t really be mad at the board. The only 2 galactico level forwards were transferred the prior season. I’m ok with not splurging on an Icardi, Lewa, or Hazard. Hazard would have made an impact but wasn’t worth it (age and would have gotten in the way of Asensio and Vinicius.)

So although I’m not mad at the board, I’m still frustrated with the lack of a goal threat.

Not sure of the lineup, but I’d like to see Vinicius with Benz

idk, probably no one, let's see if our coach can even make it to January

If he and Jose are both out I wouldn’t mind Jose as an interim to see the season out. Assuming that no matter what goes down in the CL he’s still out at the end of the season. A reunion could be what our old vet team needs for a final CL hoorah before moving on to a new era with the squad in the next season with a Raul or Guti, and some big signings.

Still a long time before that though.

I would have taken Icardi in a heartbeat, he's scores goals and he would have been the cheapest of the 3, yes he's a scumbag but so is Benz, and apparently so was Ronaldo

I can’t believe the players put their blood, sweat, and tears out there for Jose in the second half knowing full well a loss would have had Jose sacked....

Makes me not believe the rumors of “players vs Mou” as much of anymore...

If he and Jose are both out I wouldn’t mind Jose as an interim to see the season out. Assuming that no matter what goes down in the CL he’s still out at the end of the season. A reunion could be what our old vet team needs for a final CL hoorah before moving on to a new era with the squad in the next season with a Raul or Guti, and some big signings.

Still a long time before that though.
you're wilding, Jose is a complete disaster, I have no doubt if he was only here for 5 months he would begin ruining players, I'd take Rafa back before him, maybe its too early to break the Zizou glass but of course i would take him back if it was only for just the rest of the season

And if one of you mention Wenger, drop a pin

Last edited:
Lopetegui should have stayed his *** on Spainish national team where players only have to deal with him on a part time basis....

Being a manager full time is not his gig, especially at a club like Real Madrid....

Fool about to get fired twice in 6 months, sacked and removed from a potential World Cup winning Spanish side for this? :lol:

Lopetegui will be fine. The young players have to start producing & he’s got to show them how (& what he expects).

Ayeeeeee Bello scored! 16 year old leftback from Douglasville scoring his first professional goal for Atlanta United local man been playing real good since Tata called him up:nthat:

Last edited:
He’s a fellow Texan, born in in Little Elm which is outside of Dallas... I think his full name is Weston James Earl McKennie. :lol:

Don’t mess with Texas... :emoji_metal:

I was gonna say McKennie, with a last name like that, good chance he is Jamaican. But that middle name, doesn't get more Texan than that :lol:

Some funny quotes from KDB interview

Hard as nails:

KDB: "In a fight, I guess I would take Vinny or Delphy. Vinny is just a beast and Delphy likes boxing a lot, he's always doing the exercises. I think they would be really tough in a fight. Winner? I would say Vinny, I guess. His head would break everybody..."

The voice:

KDB: "The guy who is the worst is Zinchenko. He's always singing but he's really bad, you don't want to hear him sing. Yeah he wants to be [my brother], but that's not possible. He is a little bit similar in looks, though."

Fashion fail:

KDB: "It's easy - Bernardo. It's just horrible. He dresses like a 40-year-old and he's 24. He always has the same white shoes that are dirty, they're worn down and you're like 'buy new shoes, you've got the money, let's be honest'."
He didn’t need to go in on Bernardo like that :rofl:

tvitbmbkylq11.png

Theres a new target

The pressure is GONE :rofl:

kroenke_1869261c.jpg

Im glad BeIn is off in DirecTV, if I had to sit through these embarrassing RM games i’d stab my eyes out.

Well today’s the day will it be the annual loss at Anfield or can we finally get a win there for the first time in for ****in ever. Idk honestly would be perfectly fine with a draw but I’d LOVE a win. I hope we go with a back 5 today Mendy Laporte Stones Kompany Walker. Midfield of Bernardo Silva Fernandinho and David Silva and when in possession we switch to a double pivot and Stones steps into that CDM role from the back 3 to help Fernandinho cause he needs it now. It worked really we midweek. That shift from a back 5 when defending to a back 3 with Stones stepping up to form a double pivot worked eclairs Fernandinho worked really well midweek. Then Aguero and Sterling up top.

Arsenal been in great form lately, at the very least they are results wise.
It hasn't always looked good but at least we're picking up points while we're transitioning. Some of these games would've been draws or losses last season. Now the test is the big sides home and away.

EDIT: Auba with another one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom