⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
In for the matchup of the early season

Klopp seems to have Peps number as of late, wouldn't be surprised to see 'Pool give Citeh that work again

I was thinking the same! No need for both Silvas to be in the mid against this Pool side. I miss Pellegrini's 4231 at times. We can still have the width but have cover at the same time with 2 pivots.

Fernandinho had a couple poor showings against Liverpool as well. I'm just worried about Milner, Hendo and Wijnaldum should be nothing to worry about too much.
I wouldn’t be shocked to see a second half system switch like we did midweek. Game on!

Overthinking too much just play the one touch simple passes. I rather lose the ball trying to create a chance than to give it up second guessing a pass.

Mahrez hasn't gotten going. He doesn't look the same player so far. He was given so much freedom at Leicester that Pep hasn't

The ronaldo allegations are definitely disgusting, but I won't pass judgement on anything until we have more concrete evidence/facts. I will say it doesn't look good at all right now. I was actually talking to a buddy about RM potentially having a hand in this, and then saw this story this morning. Could be a possibility but as of now, if all that stuff is true, he's a sick dude and deserves everything that'll come from it

https://www.moroccoworldnews.com/20...madrid/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Mahrez hasn't gotten going. He doesn't look the same player so far. He was given so much freedom at Leicester that Pep hasn't
He does have the freedom. Credit Robertson and the Liverpool defense for having him in their pockets. Mahrez hasn't been Mahrez since that title winning season.

This match needs Sane. Having a right footed LW and a left footed RW has restricted our low crosses from the wings. Pep needs to swap them or bring Sane in on the left and return Sterling to the right.

Well it was very important we got out that first hectic 10 minutes without conceding. Backline has been solid Laporte has been great and Mendy doing his defensive duties too. Bernardo and Silva doing well controlling the game too. If we can just get Sterling and Mahrez the ball in more one on one situations there is danger there signs thoughout the half.

He's actually come into things really well the last few games, started off slow though getting used to how we play. But he has 3 goals in his last 4 matches now and has been getting more comfortable.

He does have the freedom. Credit Robertson and the Liverpool defense for having him in their pockets. Mahrez hasn't been Mahrez since that title winning season.

This match needs Sane. Having a right footed LW and a left footed RW has restricted our low crosses from the wings. Pep needs to swap them or bring Sane in on the left and return Sterling to the right.

I actually like the inverted wingers right now with the fullbacks overlapping tbh. I don't think we've had problems getting low crosses in especially down the left hand side its just Van Dijk has been a wall and cut off alot of those passes before they got to anyone in the box

Also wanna say Martin Atkinson is a **** ref I hate that dude. No idea how Fernadinho and Henderson made it out that half without a yellow. The penalty claim i honestly dont feel strongly one way or the other it is what it is.

He doesn't. He hasn't been the same player since that title winning season when he was out of this world, but he had a good season last year and he wouldn't be in City colors if Pep didn't think he could replicate that.

He is confined to the wing to give width. At Leicester he was given the freedom of the pitch with little defensive responsibility. He has more structure under Pep. But the sticking him out there limits his mobility and what he can do. Credit to the defense too, but he doesn't look the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom