⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's cute... Jose thinks he'll still be there in January. :nerd:

:rofl:

Edit - Now Umtiti might be out for the rest of the year. :stoneface: :smh::sick:

Might be longer if he ends up needing surgery... I swear this club is so short sighted...

Last edited:
I think part of the problem with Umtiti is Barca also has a very subpar physio staff. It’s been a problem for years. The dept lead is apparently a relative of either bart or one of his minions & isn’t really qualified for the job which is evident bcs you see constant problems with hammys & repeat muscle related injuries that linger... Hannibal has been playing in a gimpy knee since preseason 2017...

I marveled at the state of the art tech used by City in the Amazon series. The cryo freeze chambers & the hyperbaric chambers is the kind of tech all top teams should have....

Last edited:
Madrid suffers at the start of every season with the soft tissue stuff too, but seem to hit their stride in the spring, that's cool but it hampers domestic campaigns.

I mean this is the staff that would let Messi eat pizza & chicken fingers right before matches which would make him throw up all the time. Like no one thought to tell dude you can’t be eating hat ish right before games?!?!?! Can’t you imagine playing a full 90 min match at that level having ate half a pie & like 4 chicken fingers?!?!! That’s some dumb *** ish right there... I’d not only smack the ish out of the back of Messi’s head (Bernie Mack style rip) if I was on that staff & the person giving him that meal (who would get much worse... in the very least a Full Metal Jacket like punishment)...

Last edited:
It’s odd his lawyers took so long to put out this statement but they also confirmed the non disclosure agreement. This stuff is crazy. I don’t know what to think of it.

I also read that Ronaldo is boycotting international footy cause he feels these allegations have cause him to miss out on the individual awards

Belgium Belgium what are your thoughts on all this?
On the Ronaldo rape allegations?

NDAs aren't that uncommon for wealthy celebrities and don't necessarily give any indication one way or the other about the case. Hypothetically, someone like Ronaldo could've wanted an NDA not because the accuser's claim is true but because he seeks to avoid damage to his brand from it being publicized.

Judging off what I've read in Der Spiegel and the documents they published, if accurate that definitely puts Ronaldo in a very bad spot but further investigation is absolutely required.
Der Spiegel confirms the documents came from Football Leaks, which is generally seen as a credible source from what I know but Ronaldo's lawyers are right to contest the validity of the document.
I'm not 100% sure if Football Leaks are engaged in outright hacking the materials they publish but it seems likely given what they have published in the past and the sheer scale of confidential documents and information.

The most damaging document obtained by Der Spiegel was sent via email in 2009 by one of Ronaldo's lawyers to some of his colleagues. Presumably since it's an email there should be electronic records somewhere.
In one part of the document, person X (Ronaldo) was asked if Ms. C (Mayorga) "ever raised her voice, screamed or called out", to which Ronaldo allegedly replied "She said no and stop several times."

The document contained a bunch of questions and answers by Ronaldo. There are in fact other versions of a similar questionnaire where the answers remain fairly consistent but there are some changes in answers. Those other versions came much later than this initial 2009 document.
Some of Ronaldo's other claims in the document:
"I ****** her from the side. She made herself available. She was lying on her side, in bed, and I entered her from behind. It was rude. We didn't change position. 5/7 minutes. She said that she didn't want to, but she made herself available."
And further: "But she kept saying 'no.' 'Don't do it.' 'I'm not like the others.' I apologized afterwards." The document quotes him as saying that she never screamed and never called out for anyone.

"[NN2] Question: Did Ms. C. say anything afterwards about the sex being too brutal? X: She didn't complain about it being brutal. She complained that I forced her. She didn't say anything about wanting to go to the police."

That document if it is real, whether or not it was obtained through fraudulent means, is definitely a major red flag that suggests Ronaldo ****** up.
However it does require further investigation. Mayorga was quick to report the alleged rape to Nevada Las Vegas police in 2009 and they have reopened their investigation so hypothetically Ronaldo could be charged and extradited.

Mayorga's lawyers are actually claiming that Ronaldo's 'fixers' obstructed the initial Las Vegas police investigation but I'm not sure what to make of that. There's also the question of how exactly all the police's evidence on Mayorga's initial case conveniently went missing.

Last edited:
Madrid suffers at the start of every season with the soft tissue stuff too, but seem to hit their stride in the spring, that's cool but it hampers domestic campaigns.

That’s been a blessing in disguise for Madrid in the CL recently tho.

Would be interesting to see how a fully healthy Madrid would do in a full season

That’s been a blessing in disguise for Madrid in the CL recently tho.

Would be interesting to see how a fully healthy Madrid would do in a full season
there's no real such thing with the amount of matches teams play, thankfully we haven't had those season long injuries. Bayern has been hit with that recently.

there's no real such thing with the amount of matches teams play, thankfully we haven't had those season long injuries. Bayern has been hit with that recently.
If I'm correct, Pep got rid of the long time physio bcs guys kept getting injured & stayed that way... Once he was gone, everything was better... That guy's back with Bayern now. :lol:

Club Brugge manager Ivan Leko was released from jail without conditions but we just found out he has been indicted on money laundering charges.

Apparently 4 individuals including Ivan Leko so far have been indicted out of the 28 suspects taken into custody yesterday and today.

I’ll provide a more broad update later today on the latest developments in the massive Belgian football investigation, which encompasses financial fraud, corruption, money laundering, bribery and match fixing.
Police is looking at some activities in the context of a larger criminal organization.

just getting into soccer because of my 8 year old son, any places to get soccer jerseys for a reasonable price :lol: he wanted a neymar jr kids jerseys almost the same price as an adult :lol: any help would be much appreciated

just getting into soccer because of my 8 year old son, any places to get soccer jerseys for a reasonable price :lol: he wanted a neymar jr kids jerseys almost the same price as an adult :lol: any help would be much appreciated
In the sneaker showcase forum there is a footy jersey thread. They are very helpful there

Bernardo Silva doing his best Messi impression for that goal, Ruben Neves with the godly long pass for a goal, and Andre Silva scores another (been scoring like crazy at Sevilla & Portugal this season)....

With Ruben Dias and João Cancel (whose becoming a world class RB) - Trying to figure out whether or not this is an under the radar “golden generation”....

Hmmm :emoji_thinking:

For it to work y'all gonna need Andre Silva to become a world class striker, he's killing at Sevilla right now

Last edited:
For it to work y'all gonna Andre Silva to become a world class striker, he's killing at Sevilla right now

True and I agree..

and I honestly don’t know what he’ll be, he had a terrible season at AC Milan last year. It’s obviously harder to score in Serie A than La Liga but I think he had like 3 goals all of last season, that unacceptable....

Now he’s the leading scorer in La Liga....

It’s a weird one, he’s a wildcard..

Bernardos goal was niceeee. Love that dude man, He's like David Silva but a little quicker and a better shot.

Broader update on the Belgian football investigation:
(link to yesterday's post: https://niketalk.com/threads/⚽️the-...land-usa-v-colo.675040/page-308#post-30701403)

Federal police held a press conference this afternoon and laid out 3 reference points in the investigation. It encompasses a variety of alleged activities ranging from financial fraud, money laundering, bribery, match fixing, ...
1. Player agent Mogi Bayat
2. Player agent Dejan Veljkovic
3. Bribery/matchfixing in the context of KV Mechelen's relegation matches last season.

28 individuals have been taken into custody since yesterday, 22 of them will come before the examining magistrate*.
I know y'all don't have examining magistrates in your justice system so here's a brief explanation in the spoiler below. I'll also be using the term indictment for the sake of convenience as we don't use that term. Here you're "placed in suspicion of ..." rather than 'indicted'.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Examining_magistrate#Belgium_and_the_Netherlands
dcf0a171b3d712b28d5a7d9dc0bc2315.png

I'll be summarizing the federal police's press conference from this afternoon, including other information I deem relevant if applicable.

1. Player agent Dejan Veljkovic
Federal police allege that Veljkovic set up multiple constructions in consultation with clubs KV Mechelen, Racing Genk, Lokeren, Club Brugge and Standard in order to enrich himself with off the books commision payments for his player agent activities and to make off the books payments and remunerations to players under his wing.
Veljkovic allegedly used contracts and invoices with just a general description of scouting, consulting, commision fees, provisions, extra costs, ...
Those payments pass through shell corporations lead by accomplices including Veljkovic's family members, however the corporation is set up to make it look like Veljkovic is running it himself.
The corporations are located in Cyprus, Montenegro and Serbia.

It was reported yesterday that 13 search warrants were executed in 6 foreign countries; France, Luxembourg, Cyprus, Montenegro, Serbia and Macedonia.
Serbian authorities reportedly found €800.000 in cash in the searched properties near Belgrade.

2. Player agent Mogi Bayat (became a player agent 8 years ago and now handles roughly 90% of all transfers in the country.
Federal police allege that Bayat manipulated transfers of various players to maximize his own agent fees.
Police say that shell corporations were constructed to hide those transfer manipulations (police didn't provide much detail on how specifically they were manipulated) from the involved players and clubs. In this alleged scheme, police say Bayat worked with other complicit player agents and corporate entities in France, England and Luxembourg.

A large part of the money flowed through a bank account of Laurent Denis, a former sports lawyer for Anderlecht who had previously played a role in a previous match fixing scandal in Belgium.
Part of that money was then routinely withdrawn in cash. Laurent Denis also helped construct player contracts and other documents.

The police claims they also found evidence suggesting that Bayat uses expensive luxury watches as 'gifts' to use during his agent activities. Bayat repeatedly failed to report those watches with customs, thus avoiding the Value Added Tax.

3. Bribery/match fixing regarding KV Mechelen's relegation battle last season
Federal police say this aspect of the investigation focuses on 2 specific matches from last season.
Antwerp v. Eupen on the second last matchday and KV Mechelen v. Waasland-Beveren on the final matchday.

Their investigation suggests that Dejan Veljkovic conspired with 4 club executives from KV Mechelen directly or through other associates to influence the results of those 2 matches.
Police say it appears that there were agreements between top referee Bart Vertenten and several club executives of Waasland-Beveren.
They also claim 2 sports journalists were contacted to give high ratings in their respective papers for the referee's performance.

Aside from that, police say their investigation also suggests that there were improper contacts between the player agent Veljkovic and a different top referee cnamed Sébastien Delferière.
Veljkovic allegedly provided some kind of rewards in exchange for influencing the referee's decisions. Police didn't go into much specifics but noted that a part of their investigation is for example improper influence over a potential suspension of a certain player.

So far the examining magistrate has indicted 6 individuals at the time of posting. (Note: It's hard to translate our criminal statutes so some of charges might seem a bit odd)
Ivan Leko (Club Brugge manager): Indicted for money laundering (released from jail without conditions at this time, will continue managing Club Brugge for now)

Thierry Steemans (KV Mechelen financial director): Indicted for money laundering (arrest warrant issued)

Sébastien Delferière (Top referee): Indicted for private corruption (released from jail on conditions)

Olivier Somers (KV Mechelen main shareholder): Indicted for (?) (released from jail on conditions)

Dirk Huyck (Club chairman of Waasland-Beveren): Indicted for (?)

Frank Dekeyser (Journalist for newspaper Het Laatste Nieuws): Indicted for private corruption and accomplice in a criminal organization. (released, not sure if with or without conditions)

Some other additional information regarding the investigation:
Today 2 players where taken into custody for interrogation. Waasland-Beveren (WB) goalkeeper Davy Roef and ex-WB player Olivier Myny.

Federal police confiscated watches, jewels, cash and empty luxury watch packaging at a total value of around €8 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom