⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy for Titi, this is so much better than going after the Aston Villa job :lol: I hope he does well. One big problem with Monaco was selling one too many players. Ideally their model under Jardim was great, especially on paper. I think if they keep it and tone it back a little, they can make it more efficient while keeping the squad successful.

I said back before it happened that buying Coutinho for the price Barca paid was a massive mistake (check the receipt) bcs you could buy at least 2 great young players for that price if you had a solid scouting dept.

Looks like Man City are all in for Frenkie & De Ligt... These players are an example of who should’ve been targeted instead of spending that amount for 1 player.

I can almost guarantee the club will lose out on both of these players bcs it can’t afford the transfer fees & the wages...

I wish I could see Tanguy NDombele play more but I don’t have beIN to be able to watch Ligue Un anymore. He maybe worth a look.

Still love my man Aouar. He’s young but I like what I’ve seen of him at the pivot & playing on the left side.

It’s crazy how badly Barca scouts...

I don't get the Wenger infatuation, no troll, he hasn't don't **** in 15 years
forreal i don't even know what wenger ball is that cats be talking about
wenger has been trying to emulate other managers successful tactics last couple of seasons
i.e. conte's 3 CB formation

he hasn't had the answers for a while now

I'm happy for Titi, this is so much better than going after the Aston Villa job :lol: I hope he does well. One big problem with Monaco was selling one too many players. Ideally their model under Jardim was great, especially on paper. I think if they keep it and tone it back a little, they can make it more efficient while keeping the squad successful.
Monaco is somewhere at the very bottom of the table with no end in sight. None of the young players are producing like they should be. It would be crazy if they end up getting relegated in Thierry’s first season in charge. Seems inconceivable but it could happen if he doesn’t get these young players producing.

PRIME PRIME have you ever seen Giovani Lo Celso play? He was supposed to be the heir for Motta. Is he an attacking mid or more holding? The few times I’ve seen him he’s played centrally & I really liked not only his passing ability but his defensive play & his tackling...

Unrelated to the thread but because it's soccer I figure why not. I thought it was a one time thing but it's reoccurring and annoying the **** out of me.

Playing FIFA 19 on XB1 and mid-match my controller just pauses and keeps prompting me to choose sides. I've recently put in new batteries too and it still keeps happening. Is there a fix to this? Could it be I'm using **** brand batteries? Or do I have to buy a new controller?

Monaco is somewhere at the very bottom of the table with no end in sight. None of the young players are producing like they should be. It would be crazy if they end up getting relegated in Thierry’s first season in charge. Seems inconceivable but it could happen if he doesn’t get these young players producing.

PRIME PRIME have you ever seen Giovani Lo Celso play? He was supposed to be the heir for Motta. Is he an attacking mid or more holding? The few times I’ve seen him he’s played centrally & I really liked not only his passing ability but his defensive play & his tackling...

With their level of talent, they should be producing. It's a shame that they don't have Lemar and Mouthino, aside from talent they bring experience and stability. I think he'll be able to get results from them to avoid dropping out of Ligue 1. Even if they did drop, I think from strictly a managerial standpoint, for Henry that might not be the worst thing.

For me, Lo Celso has mainly been and started out as an AM. Once they recognized his ability to pass long and from deep, along with his defensive attributes, they moved him centrally.

Yeah Lo Celso has all that tools to be a world class player. In addition to what you pointed out, I really like his movement off the ball. From the times I’ve seen him he’s managed to get into great attacking positions and score a handful of good goals.

His passing though :pimp:

Hes very underrated atm, but I hope he doesn’t end up leaving the club because he’s what verratti should be

Unrelated to the thread but because it's soccer I figure why not. I thought it was a one time thing but it's reoccurring and annoying the **** out of me.

Playing FIFA 19 on XB1 and mid-match my controller just pauses and keeps prompting me to choose sides. I've recently put in new batteries too and it still keeps happening. Is there a fix to this? Could it be I'm using **** brand batteries? Or do I have to buy a new controller?
Definitely sounds to me like it could only be a controller problem. When the pause is prompted, have you noticed the light of the xbox logo flickering on your controller?
If your controller shuts down that light goes out. If there's a brief disturbance for some reason, the logo should very briefly flicker off and back on.

I assume it's a wireless controller? Idk if resetting its connection to the xbox would help. Judging by your mention of batteries, it's possible you could resolve the problem entirely by using a play and charge kit on your controller.

forreal i don't even know what wenger ball is that cats be talking about
wenger has been trying to emulate other managers successful tactics last couple of seasons
i.e. conte's 3 CB formation

he hasn't had the answers for a while now

Someone on reddit compared WengerBall to tiki taka saying that "tiki taka waits for openings and uses technical skill and spacial awareness" while "Wengerball forces openings with fast inter play and flicks to go through tight defenses."

As a system, Tiki Taka is more "orchestrated" and planned, while Wengerball is more freestyle and has more flair.

Wengerball isn't about controlling the tempo of the match as Tiki Taka is. Its about high paced, simple or fancy passing in tight pockets of space wile moving up the field as fast as possible. The only real similarity of wegerball and tiki taka is the short passing. Because if you look at Wengerball in comparison, the ball never goes backwards, where as barcelona and tiki taka will control the entire pitch, not just going forward.

But at the very end of his time at arsenal, I don't think you would call that wengerball. That was just washed tactics and sub par talent. I don't know why dude tried to ride the 3 at the back wave. Not his game at all.

Also, Alexis was terrible at wengerball.

tumblr_oyjidtvlG71vvwgg7o2_500.gif

giphy-22.gif

Without Alexis

DjLazj2.gif

Man you can't make this up :rofl:
Regarding the massive fraud and match fixing investigation into Belgian football, top player agent Mogi Bayat's lawyer just tried to explain why police found €8 million worth of empty luxury watch packaging.
Authorities allege that Mogi Bayat used luxury watches as "gifts" in the context of money laundering and dodged paying VAT on them. He was placed under arrest and indicted for money laundering and belonging to a criminal organization. Roughly 90% of transfers in Belgian football go through him.

Bayat's lawyer made a statement today that Bayat did nothing wrong and is simply an avid collector of empty luxury watch packaging. The lawyer added that "sure, Bayat's VAT payments for the watches weren't always in order but we contest the police's valuation. Bayat has been collecting empty packaging his whole life and that's his right."

I don’t think Alexis was terrible at “Wengerball”. I think by the time he got to Arsenal, he thought he was supposed to be the man so he hugged the ball a lot or took a lot of bad shots.

He also held onto the ball a bit too long before he passed in the final third which led to poor passing like in that gif.

He’s made some dough & scored some goals since leaving Barca but his career has really gone wayward with the exception of the Chile NT.

Man you can't make this up :rofl:
Regarding the massive fraud and match fixing investigation into Belgian football, top player agent Mogi Bayat's lawyer just tried to explain why police found €8 million worth of empty luxury watch packaging.
Authorities allege that Mogi Bayat used luxury watches as "gifts" in the context of money laundering and dodged paying VAT on them. He was placed under arrest and indicted for money laundering and belonging to a criminal organization. Roughly 90% of transfers in Belgian football go through him.

Bayat's lawyer made a statement today that Bayat did nothing wrong and is simply an avid collector of empty luxury watch packaging. The lawyer added that "sure, Bayat's VAT payments for the watches weren't always in order but we contest the police's valuation. Bayat has been collecting empty packaging his whole life and that's his right."

Is that really all they had :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Is that really all they had :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
http://www.standaard.be/cnt/dmf2018...=dso&utm_content=article&utm_campaign=seeding
It's in Dutch of course but google translate will confirm that is indeed their defense.

Literally 90% of all transfers in this country go through him and that's the best his lawyer could come up with
I can only imagine the look on the judge's face if he tries to present that argument as their defense in court :rofl:

"Well where are all the watches then?"
"Sir my client is just a lifelong collector of luxury watch packaging, that's his right"

Today marks the first time the Dutch have beaten Germany since 2002.
And a 3-0 victory at that :pimp:

Memphis has had a great 2018. Glad he’s on a team like Lyon. I wonder if someone will take another chance on him.

Edit - Damn how did Low lose his mojo?!?! I guess it’s his reliance on the old stalwart players that won for him before. It’s a shame bcs Germany still has a lot of great young talent that can still carry the nation to dominance. I guess once you win & cycle through like that, the federations should cycle thru new managers.

Last edited:
Jeezuz...just when you think P$G is moving forward, they hired that washed MFer... SMH... I’ll be willing to bet he & Tuchel won’t get along.

Man oh man Neuer‘s skills seem to be diminishing each game. What on earth is happening!!? It seems like anyone who spoke out against Ozick got a root out out against them. Whether it be Low & everyone at Bayern.

Speaking of Tuchel, I bet Tuchel didn’t like hoeness & didn’t take the Bayern job bcs of it. I think Nagelsmann turned down the job bcs of him to. I’ll even bet they both spoke to each other about it since Nagelsmann was Tuchel’s protege at Augsburg. Bayern looking like a hot mess right now

I do think PSG has a problem with their senior recruitment, their youth recruitment & academy is good money, not sure Wenger solves that problem, at least Prime will be happy.

Wenger might do good if he has an actual, existing war chest. Yall know I'm not a Wenger apologist but if he's given some freedom like he had pre-Kroenke/Gazidis, he just might do some damn good business as PSG's general manager. I wouldnt write him off until we see what he can do when hes in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom