⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
If y'all wanna see interest in the sport expand then having teams play on US soil isn't a bad idea at all.

NBA and NFL teams make the trip overseas or south of the border every year to help build their international fan base.

I'm guessing a lot of footy fans in America aren't going to be upset if we get one potentially random official La Liga match here. I mean it may be Sevilla and like Valencia haha! Sucks because I know the local supporters will be short a match, but think of the income/exposure their clubs can get.

why are you so against it?
First I think it’s kinda disrespectful to the local fans. These clubs wouldn’t exist without them and this move takes away a home game from them and if I was a season ticket holder in Spain I’d be pissed.

Second I think this undermines our own domestic league and doesn’t help it grow. I know people currently have their thoughts and feelings on MLS and that’s fair but it’ll never get better or grow the interest in the sport here by doing this. The sport in the USA needs to be able to reach the casual sports fan and this move doesn’t do that, this move is more preaching to the choir to the hardcore fans of the sport already in the USA like us. But to grow here it needs to reach the causal sports fan someone like my pops for example. He doesn’t give a **** about soccer never has despite my interest in it coming up no amount of EPL or La Liga over the years or champions league etc. got him interested despite me going back and forth with him about how great the quality of those leagues are. But now for the first time ever he’s starting to come around on the sport and is taking an interest in it he never has before and that’s because of Atlanta United. They have marketed the club well here, the prices are decent, they put out a good product so far and is doing a great job connecting with the locals and because of that we putting record butts in the seats for MLS. Cause in my pops mind and the casual sports fans mind they couldn’t give a **** about or could tell the difference between Real Betis and Real Madrid but you give him and casual fans like my pops that local connection something that feels more tangible in their mind a club they can go see every week and get drunk with their bois and they will come around and support it and their interest in the sport grows from there. This is what MLS and the USSF needs to continue to do to grow the sport here reach out to the casual sports fan which is the majority of sports fans in the country. Not cash grabs reaching out to the hardcore fans already here cause that won’t do anything for growth. Cause you not gonna turn a casual fan into a hardcore fan by charging them a dumb amount to watch Barcelona vs fill in the blank once a season. But you can turn them into a hardcore fan if you give them a local team and a good product to get behind

Last edited:
ill only like this if they take one of barcas away games to the US...preferrably real sociedad

If y'all wanna see interest in the sport expand then having teams play on US soil isn't a bad idea at all.
We already have that for preseason matches.

I will say the move is bad because it essentially takes out the Spanish atmosphere from the regular season matches that are played in Spain and put in the USA just to make money. If I want to watch a match of RM against Atleti, I would rather make a trip to Madrid and experience the crowd there than pay overpriced tickets to sit in a US football stadium where the atmosphere isn't the same.

They were every bit involved. The dassler bros were members of the nazi party from jump. adolf dassler volunteered his factory to build heavy anti tank artillery called the Panzerschreck that’s responsible for killing thousands of allied troops & contributed to the killing of 20 million russians on the eastern front. The left over scrap metal was used to make gas cans for the concentration camps that killed 6-7 million Jews. Over the last 15 yrs, adidas has spent millions of dollars to clean up the finer details of their nazi past off of the internet... As an example, you can no longer find posts about the scrap metal being used for the gas cans on the internet and you can no longer find pics of the dassler bros in their nazi party suits & armbands.

adolf even turned in his brother rudolf to the gestapo claiming rudolf wasn’t fully committed so adolf could gain full control of the family business. rudolf was made to fight on the front lines & ended up being captured by American forces & was held as a POW for 2-3 yrs. He ended up founding puma bcs of it. adolf was a real bas****. I wish they’re was an Aldo Raine to carve swastikas into the foreheads... There was one pic in particular with them laughing with goebels. They were in the social inner circle for the party particularly adolf dassler.

Don’t know the figure of the allied soldiers that died but damn, 20 millions russians & 6-7 million Jews...

Two eras of history no one can argue with me about is WW2 & the crusades... For the record, I side with the Muslims in that era is history. Saladin Is one of my favorite historical figures. A leader this world could really use now...

Damn didn’t know any of this, clearly those millions were well spent because I didn’t know of any links between Adidas and the Nazis prior to reading your post. My love for Adidas has always been strictly from a design standpoint. My viewpoint on the company as a whole has definitely changed now. Thank you for educating me on this.

Damn didn’t know any of this, clearly those millions were well spent because I didn’t know of any links between Adidas and the Nazis prior to reading your post. My love for Adidas has always been strictly from a design standpoint. My viewpoint on the company as a whole has definitely changed now. Thank you for educating me on this.
Don’t get me wrong, I’ve bought a couple of adidas jerseys bcs my son wanted them bad when he was a lil guy playing footy. Even got him the 12-13 green Madrid Ronnie shirt with Champions League badges. But now that he’s old enough, I sat him down & explained what adidas did & showed him pics of the dead russians & Jews. I told him if he wanted to wear adidas he could but that I make a choice never to wear their apparel or shoes. Glad to say he said hell no. Truth be told, I don’t fault no one for wearing it or driving a German car. I just wouldn’t do it.

FYI, American companies like general motors & ibm were heavily invested in the nazi & German war effort...

They were every bit involved. The dassler bros were members of the nazi party from jump. adolf dassler volunteered his factory to build heavy anti tank artillery called the Panzerschreck that’s responsible for killing thousands of allied troops & contributed to the killing of 20 million russians on the eastern front. The left over scrap metal was used to make gas cans for the concentration camps that killed 6-7 million Jews. Over the last 15 yrs, adidas has spent millions of dollars to clean up the finer details of their nazi past off of the internet... As an example, you can no longer find posts about the scrap metal being used for the gas cans on the internet and you can no longer find pics of the dassler bros in their nazi party suits & armbands.

adolf even turned in his brother rudolf to the gestapo claiming rudolf wasn’t fully committed so adolf could gain full control of the family business. rudolf was made to fight on the front lines & ended up being captured by American forces & was held as a POW for 2-3 yrs. He ended up founding puma bcs of it. adolf was a real bas****. I wish they’re was an Aldo Raine to carve swastikas into the foreheads... There was one pic in particular with them laughing with goebels. They were in the social inner circle for the party particularly adolf dassler.

Don’t know the figure of the allied soldiers that died but damn, 20 millions russians & 6-7 million Jews...

Two eras of history no one can argue with me about is WW2 & the crusades... For the record, I side with the Muslims in that era is history. Saladin Is one of my favorite historical figures. A leader this world could really use now...
This. Looked into the background of them both when Puma put out the Rudolph Dassler sneakers(see below for reference). This was around 2010-2011. I figured Dassler was some new upcoming designer so when I googled Dassler I stumpled upon the dark history of Adidas, Puma and ikea.

puma-by-rudolf-dassler-wellengang-mid-sneakers-profile.jpg

This. Looked into the background of them both when Puma put out the Rudolph Dassler sneakers(see below for reference). This was around 2010-2011. I figured Dassler was some new upcoming designer so when I googled Dassler I stumpled upon the dark history of Adidas, Puma and ikea.

puma-by-rudolf-dassler-wellengang-mid-sneakers-profile.jpg
You can’t find the same stuff you saw on the internet back in 10-11 now. They cleaned up so much stuff. There used to be lots of pics of the dasslers in their nazi party grey hugo boss suits with the red nazi arm bands now you can’t see any.

You can’t find the same stuff you saw on the internet back in 10-11 now. They cleaned up so much stuff. There used to be lots of pics of the dasslers in their nazi party grey hugo boss suits with the red nazi arm bands now you can’t see any.
Yeah, money talks.

Kimchi Papi Kimchi Papi tomdiginson tomdiginson I’ve have said this several times before on here, for casual wear and sneakers I have always been a Nike guy (there’s a reason I joined this site to begin with). But for football I recently shifted toward Adidas because of the fact that Nike hasn’t made many changes to their “raglan” Vapor template in the last 5 years.

I’m honestly sort of embarrassed I didn’t know about Adidas’ history prior to today. I consider myself to be pretty well read.

Dude, do what you feel is right. I only buy Japanese cars even though they slaughtered my peoples. :lol: I love me some Japanese food too.

I’m not going to stop buying Argentina gear, but otherwise I’m going to think twice about buying Adidas from here on out. These German companies have done a phenomenal job of making people forget about their past, but I don’t want to partake.

Argentina with the black shorts is a top 5 kit all time period imo.

Finally home from work bout to fire up this Amazon Prime City doc :pimp:

First impressions of Episode 1: Great Expectations
Seems like this is gonna be very in-depth I like it. Been snipers of tactical stuff team talk things we don't normally get to see directly from the players and coaches. In the opening montage there was a snippet of Pep telling Arsene to shut up cause hes always complaining about the refs lmfaoooooooo I died. Its intersting to see a little bit of how those on the board speak about transfers to each other and what they should do, who they should target and why. tTat was some dope insight. They got a player cam too thats dope. These couple minutes of the team meetings really make me wish I could sit in on one of those at that level. Man that 5-0 against Liverpool felt forever ago now, completely forgot Danilo played as a RCB in a back 3 in that game lol. Aguero making fun of how both him and Mendy can barely speak english lol. Seeing Mendys usually happy go lucky demeanor turn sad when finding out how long his knee injury was :frown:. Bruh kompany made the kit man go in cryothearapy with him cause he didnt wanna go by himself lmao below 130 degrees for a minute and some change :sick:KDB talked a bit about his time at chelsea under jose :nerd: building up to his goal at Chelsea last year :pimp:seeing the team sing KDB's name in the back after that game :nthat::nthat::nthat: loving this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom