⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
15 years ago today...

CMh5HKwWgAAsHtb.png

Young Ron the stepover Gawd :lol::pimp:

The rest is history

Aww, look at Qu!k 2.0

Emenalo really is owed an apology from the fans and media. Blame was constantly pushed upon him for our transfer dealings but our strongest group of talented players were acquired under his watch.

He's at Monaco now snatching up good young prospects left and right and you know they actually get to play.

My apologies to Mike, he knew what he was doing.

Indeed, Mike is absolutely brilliant

I learned something from London born Blues fans on another site I am barely active there. They are kind to answer to some of my questions. I thought they are the best person to get clear answers. They know their hometown better. Like we know our James Dolan better than most non Knicks fans. They insisted that they love Emenalo but they view him as a technical director, not director of football. Emenalo wanted that position, director of football. Now he's became one for AS Monaco. Roman is not interested in long term projects like developing young squad. Fans grew up watching mediocre squads for years before Ruud Guillit changed CFC culture for the best. Roman, board and fans want to win now

Emenalo's more a player develop person type than a win-now person. My best guess is that Chelsea board doesn't see him as a right guy for the job. The funny part is that I believe Sarri is probably the perfect manager to work under Emenalo. Sarri is more interested in head coach than manager :lol:

Don't see how anyone can be surprised that Germans are still racist as ****. Even though it's 2018, we're still not that far removed from Nazi Germany, their ideas of an master Aryan race, and the Holocaust. Kroos's grandparents probably grew up in Nazi Germany...

Don't rock too much with colonizers but I'll allow this one cuz ya'll owe so much debt to Angola and I can't stand those Bavarian boys.
giphy.gif

Thanks bro :lol:

But yes, indeed we do - we also owe Mozambique, Guinnea Bissau, São Tome, Goa and the rest of the Indian coastal cities, East Timor, Macau (but Macau seems to be doing just fine tho)....and many others.

Shame, shame, but I humbly thank you.

Don't see how anyone can be surprised that Germans are still racist as ****. Even though it's 2018, we're still not that far removed from Nazi Germany, their ideas of an master Aryan race, and the Holocaust. Kroos's grandparents probably grew up in Nazi Germany...

Random thought....

Do you know how many Nazi's escaped persecution and fled to Argentina? and what did Argentina do to them if they found out?

I feel like if I was an Argentine and I saw someone with a German last name, I'd give them the look...

Random thought....

Do you know how many Nazi's escaped persecution and fled to Argentina? and what did Argentina do to them if they found out?

I feel like if I was an Argentine and I saw someone with a German last name, I'd give them the look...

I’m not sure if you’re trying to throw shade or not, but I’m well aware that Argentina’s hands aren’t clean either. That being said, the amount of persecuted Jews Argentina took in during WW2 is second only to the Ellis Island. The post-war period in Argentina was unusual, you could very well have former Nazis and escaped Jews living next door to each other in Buenos Aires.

I’m not sure if you’re trying to throw shade or not, but I’m well aware that Argentina’s hands aren’t clean either. That being said, the amount of persecuted Jews Argentina took in during WW2 is second only to the Ellis Island. The post-war period in Argentina was unusual, you could very well have former Nazis and escaped Jews living next door to each other in Buenos Aires.

I know I’m sarcastic but I wouldn’t joke or throw shade about this, I’m legit curious. I’m not versed in Latin American history like that. More Southern Europe but I know Nazi’s fled to Chile, Brazil, and Argentina - wondering how many to Argentina (if you knew).

I know I’m sarcastic but I wouldn’t joke or throw shade about this, I’m legit curious. I’m not versed in Latin American history like that. More Southern Europe but I know Nazi’s fled to Chile, Brazil, and Argentina - wondering how many to Argentina (if you knew).

I can't give you a number because I honestly doubt they kept any records of this sort of thing. You have to keep in mind that a lot of the guys they took in were wanted for war crimes (most famous case is Adolf Eichmann, one of the architects of the Holocaust who was captured in Buenos Aires and taken to Jerusalem to stand trial for his crimes).

Ehh...could be worse. Don’t know if I could ever drive a Benz, BMW, or Volkswagen knowing how involved they were in the Nazi war cause.
They were every bit involved. The dassler bros were members of the nazi party from jump. adolf dassler volunteered his factory to build heavy anti tank artillery called the Panzerschreck that’s responsible for killing thousands of allied troops & contributed to the killing of 20 million russians on the eastern front. The left over scrap metal was used to make gas cans for the concentration camps that killed 6-7 million Jews. Over the last 15 yrs, adidas has spent millions of dollars to clean up the finer details of their nazi past off of the internet... As an example, you can no longer find posts about the scrap metal being used for the gas cans on the internet and you can no longer find pics of the dassler bros in their nazi party suits & armbands.

adolf even turned in his brother rudolf to the gestapo claiming rudolf wasn’t fully committed so adolf could gain full control of the family business. rudolf was made to fight on the front lines & ended up being captured by American forces & was held as a POW for 2-3 yrs. After the war, rudolf ended up founding puma bcs his adolf took control of adidas (the family business). adolf was a real bas****. I wish they’re was an Aldo Raine to carve swastikas into their foreheads... There was one pic in particular with them laughing with goebels. They were in the social inner circle for the party particularly adolf dassler.

Don’t know the figure of the allied soldiers that died but damn, 20 millions russians & 6-7 million Jews...

Two eras of history no one can argue with me about is WW2 & the crusades... For the record, I side with the Muslims in that era is history. Saladin Is one of my favorite historical figures. A leader this world could really use now...

Last edited:
I know I’m late, but this La Liga playing a regular season match in the States is trash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom