⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting thought getting rid of woodward & the dotard & hiring Marotta & Conte.

What killed Conte was the support he didn’t have at Chelsea which quickly eroded the relationship.

Conte would have absolute backing from his man Marotta & Conte would get the best out of Pogba to. Marotta has not only the football acumen but stellar business acumen to. He helped the Old Lady literally rise from the ashes from a business/commercial aspect & of course the football aspect...

https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2018/10/02/conte-marotta-a-good-option-for-man-united/

Otherwise the glazers are going to have United lookin’ like the Prem/footy version of the tampa bay bucs (which they pretty much are at his point).

Last edited:
Not sure how I'd feel about Conte given his playing style but Marotta's been linked to United since stepping down along with his Juve colleague Fabio Paratici. I'd be more than pleased having real footy men at the helm of the footy related decision making given their great gistories in Turin

CDS is running the story of a double deal with Marotta and Conte and although he wouldn't be my first choice by himself,being paired up with his old director could be a good look and would signal a more clear direction for the club

Honestly, with SAF gone I don’t think the glazer bros will so much as long as the club is making money. Look what’s happening to the bucs. They keep making them money & the glazers haven’t done much in making them winners.

I honestly think this club will be stuck in a rut for a long time to come. SAF was the glue that kept things together (he & Gill). Neither of them are there now.

Always felt like the glazers, like the duponts were inbred. I mean look at them... they look cro magnon like somewhat in suits... they look like they grunt & point instead of speaking.

welp...there goes that :smh:

Tbf,that doesnt mean much this far out when the job isn't really vacant yet. The club has denied reports as well as would be expected

Mou's agent was denying his interest in the job around the same time that he was actively negotiating his contract behind the scenes while LVG was still in charge

If the same stuff comes out once the job is open then it'll be on to the next one

Delph and Mendy not fully fit and I agree not starting Zinchenko in an away champions league match. Especially that we need a win so I’m not mad playing it safe with Laporte left back

Fun first half to watch. Hoffenheim came to play. David Silva best player in the first half always great to see that.

I really think Lukaku should be dropped. Play rashford at 9 with Alexis at 10 and have Young and Martial as wingers. Shaw and Valencia(if he must play ) outside backs ...I think young would do decent with less defensive responsibility and being that he used to play as a winger put him back there

Attachments

• FA893B2D-DB3A-418E-930F-9FE40BE769EC.jpeg
    FA893B2D-DB3A-418E-930F-9FE40BE769EC.jpeg
    358.1 KB · Views: 2
I’m actually looking into becoming a Portugal citizen just for their tax breaks. Have no relationship with the country at all but it’s a dope deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom