⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: Leicester v City, Lyon v Brest, Troyes v PSG, Sandhausen v Leipzig, Wiesbaden v BVB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man my heart sank… footballers fall all the time so I thought nothing of it. Then he was down for a while and as soon as I saw them start compressions I lost it…. Man I hope those pics are real and he’s awake

There's a pic on Twitter of him leaving awake and the fans were cheering as he left so that's positive.
Not gon lie, I had a sick feeling for a min. Let's see what news we get.

Hopeful that he's gonna be ok but man there really needs a serious discussion to be had by all these football governing bodies about how much they put these players through.

The best players play damn near nonstop throughout the year with little pause pushing their bodies to the limit that it's a surprise we don't see stuff like this happen more often.

It's good for the fans, broadcasters and federations who rake money in but that shouldn't ever be at the risk and expense of player safety.

The fact that these same players are gonna be running around in scorching conditions in the desert next year during the WC is insane.

Twellman is an idiot… he should really ****.. dude out here speculating on what happened. Accusing the medical staff of not doing enough, like he was there or even has any clue medically.. no need for any of that.

Man my heart sank… footballers fall all the time so I thought nothing of it. Then he was down for a while and as soon as I saw them start compressions I lost it…. Man I hope those pics are real and he’s awake
The way he fell was a ‘normal’ fall, it was like a Jack Tatum knocking a WR out type fall
It was natural at all. IMO

Twellman is an idiot… he should really ****

What did he say? Can't stand him but I also don't really F with any footy broadcast in English unless I absolutely have to. FYI, 40 Euro matches are available on the Prende TV app for free. Yes it is in Spanish, even if you don't understand, it's still more exciting, and you may pick up a new language.

The way he fell was a ‘normal’ fall, it was like a Jack Tatum knocking a WR out type fall
It was natural at all. IMO
Tbh I didn’t actually see him fall… just saw him down. I should have said players go down all the time. Didn’t actually see what happened till I found it on Twitter.

What did he say? Can't stand him but I also don't really F with any footy broadcast in English unless I absolutely have to. FYI, 40 Euro matches are available on the Prende TV app for free. Yes it is in Spanish, even if you don't understand it's still more exciting, and you may pick up a new language.
Im trying to find it now.. basically he did a play by play of the fall. Said he spoke to a doc and since it wasn’t contact had to be his heart (complete bull****).. then went on to accuse the medical team of not doing enough and taking long to start cpr. Don’t get me wrong we Deff do things differently here (every rig I worked on we would have bagged and left, treating in route) however, I’m sure they followed their protocols and probably had a doc or 3 on site.

They have to get to the bottom of this, this happens way too often in the football world. Way too much man.

Jobs are gonna be had though for the way broadcasters handled that.

Especially when you see the quickness in which they pan out or cut out immediately whenever there's a streaker on the pitch yet broadcasting that whole ordeal including scenes of him being given chest compressions and his wife distressed for the world to see is inexcusable man...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom