⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: Leicester v City, Lyon v Brest, Troyes v PSG, Sandhausen v Leipzig, Wiesbaden v BVB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mindblown at RB presently sitting in 1st place :lol: :wow:

Beat the 1st place team in both agricultural leagues in Germany and France in a week, not bad for the PE teacher :lol:

:rofl: :rofl::rofl:

3AFC143A-E413-422C-B0DE-86E83FBC9DE3.jpeg

Remember when everbody spent the summer talking dogging United cause they refused to be extorted by Dortmund for 120£

I think for footy fans in general, in terms of projecting how good he’ll become and criticism, we need to remember he was born in 2000 and went for 45m. In comparison Félix born in 99 and went for nearly triple and gets treated fairly.

With that said, unfortunately you’re right about that which is why I mentioned the same yesterday. There are matches where Vini seems to be the only one trying on attack, but since his disastrous second half of the Clasico has looked mentally gassed and definitely needs to be benched. It’s just a shame that this got out to the press.
Putting aside the leak to the press, it's just wildly disrespectful to talk about a teammate (much less a young but expensive player) that way when he's standing right there. It's unlikely Vinicius would have understood the French at the time but he sure knows now. The fact that this conversation happened at all in the way it did seems much worse to me than it getting out to the press.

Also:
f16e19d19e5b4c206f3c98eff9946571.png

c8a8b7af1caea494dd105dba8db5f9f9.png

Last edited:
Putting aside the leak to the press, it's just wildly disrespectful to talk about a teammate (much less a young but expensive player) that way when he's standing right there. It's unlikely Vinicius would have understood the French at the time but he sure knows now. The fact that this conversation happened at all in the way it did seems much worse to me than it getting out to the press.

Also:
f16e19d19e5b4c206f3c98eff9946571.png

c8a8b7af1caea494dd105dba8db5f9f9.png

honestly neither of us know the dynamics of a locker room. We also don’t know if he thinks he’s trash in general or just that one game. It seemed that Mendy agreed for that match replying "When he gets scared, he loses what he's all about.” We saw in the second half of the Clasico too Vini squandering counter attacks where RM had numbers, and then that bad form carried. Vini needs to not start next match dude works hard but needs a mental break. Tbf to Benz too, even at his age he works really hard pressing and moving off the ball, sacrificing for the team. I can understand if he gets frustrated with the lack of service and not having someone reliable up top with him since CR left.

One thing that can’t be argued is that this only adds to the pressure Vini deals with. And is a very bad look for him and Benz. Hopefully Hazard can stay healthy now though because all parties (team Benz and Vini) need him.

honestly neither of us know the dynamics of a locker room. We also don’t know if he thinks he’s trash in general or just that one game. It seemed that Mendy agreed for that match replying "When he gets scared, he loses what he's all about.” We saw in the second half of the Clasico too Vini squandering counter attacks where RM had numbers, and then that bad form carried. Vini needs to not start next match dude works hard but needs a mental break. Tbf to Benz too, even at his age he works really hard pressing and moving off the ball, sacrificing for the team. I can understand if he gets frustrated with the lack of service and not having someone reliable up top with him since CR left.

One thing that can’t be argued is that this only adds to the pressure Vini deals with. And is a very bad look for him and Benz. Hopefully Hazard can stay healthy now though because all parties (team Benz and Vini) need him.
Still, they should take that up with Vinicius himself instead of gossiping behind his back in a language he can't understand. They should just tell Vinicius what they expect of him and give him a peptalk, nothing positive could've come from the way they handled it.
Also disappointed that Courtois didn't interject in French, he's perfectly fluent.

Yea I’m not a fan of what Benzema did, there is a time and place for that. And I assume Zidane isn’t happy about it either.

If this was CR7 or Messi they would have been dragged for this, the earth would stop.

Yea I’m not a fan of what Benzema did, there is a time and place for that. And I assume Zidane isn’t happy about it either.

If this was CR7 or Messi they would have been dragged for this, the earth would stop.

CR already did it to his whole veteran midfield :lol:

I agree though that they could have talked to Vini but I mean they both felt like he was turning it over. What exactly are you going to instruct him? “Hey we’re not passing it to you but still run hard as if we were going to so you’re a decoy” might as well at that point just not say it to him so that he is at least a decoy with conviction.

You know what I mean, if he did it to one player in particular especially a young one he’d get the “CR7 is a bully” treatment. That midfield comment with him and Dybala wasn’t that bad.

Benz literally said “on my mother, this dude is playing against us, don’t pass the ball to him”.

That is an INSANE thing to say :lol:

Benz also a scumbag ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Not surprised hes a ***** when it comes to his teammate.

Here’s the thing too, I don’t think Vinicíus is good enough (I don’t think he ever be good enough for RM either) - So I can understand Benzema frustration.

But you can’t just ghost him on the field and tell another teammate to not pass him the ball. You’re essentially playing with 10 men. That’s not good for anyone. And the words were extremelyyyy disrespectful.

This isn’t Vinicíus fault either tho. This is Zidane and mainly Florentino’s doing. Vini was NOT brought in to play every game, he was a project. Hazard was brought in to play every game, that’s on Flo. This goes all the way back to letting Ronaldo go.

But you just can’t do what Benz did, no matter how pitiful Vinicíus is playing. Just can’t do it. Especially in those words and tone. You’re creating a bigger problem within the dressing room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom