⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: Leicester v City, Lyon v Brest, Troyes v PSG, Sandhausen v Leipzig, Wiesbaden v BVB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slow start but a tidy performance and result in the 2nd half to get the 3 points :pimp:

14 points better off than last season at the same time and leading the league in goals scored. Really feel they're just a reliable CB pairing and DM away from really challenging Citeh.

Been leaking way too many goals with sloppy defending this season which has kinda killed any title charge with all those draws :smh:

We are still far away from being a consistent top 4 team let alone anywhere citehs level, and it's because we don't have a complete/balanced/quality starting 11 imo

The young guns are very promising and showing they can play well consistently in the prem, but they need more support from veterans/star signing to fill out the squad. It's only been a few games but I already like martin's game, if we can keep him, I think we are set with the 3 behind the striker, esr-odegaard-saka. We need to bring in another striker this summer who can temporary fill in as backup until Auba is done and hold it down until martinelli can develop into the #9. For insurance, I also think we need another winger, pepe and Willian will never be it.

We are also still in need of a class #8 to partner with partey which I think would complete the midfield. Lastly for the backline, if saliba won't come back, we'll need to go all out for another CB to partner gabriel who imo is showing a high ceiling in quality and has locked his place. The last purchase we'll have to make is a Right back to complete the backline, love Hector, but it just doesn't seem he can reach a world class level. These are the signings we need to make to truly be a consistent competitive squad next year

I know many don't trust Mikel but I believe we have the right manager for the job, I have faith he could turn us into a challenging side with the proper backing. He took a shambolic and chaotic defense from emery and turned us into a top 5 defense in the league even with some of the **** players we have now. The style he wants to play is clear and attractive attacking footy and what would be most ideal for this squad imo

Didn't get to see the game but we def need a new striker. Laca will be sold, I'm assuming so. Eddie should be sold. I've see the rumors of Tiago Tomas floating around. Don't know how credible they are but we need someone that's more developed. It's a limited pool but I hope we make the right moves. I hope we can sell Pepe but we're not getting anywhere near what we paid for him

I like Odegaard, I think he's still building chemistry with the club and adjusting to the PL. I wouldn't mind if he was loaned to us again. I like Ceballos, sometimes he just doesn't do it for me but I don't think he's really a solution to our midfield problems (,aside from the the fact that he's just a loan player).

Idk if Willock or AMN will have a future at the club but I'm glad that they are getting consistent playing time, I just wish Reiss went on loan. We gotta keep Saliba at all cost.

Bellerin hasn't been the same since his injury. Def need another RB. But we need another LB too, someone for coverage

ccelebritiesfotoGIF-Jose-Mourinho-taunts.gif

was finally able to watch the derby.

shout out everyone for taking it serious, it was not too long ago this team looked like it had no direction.

shout out big rom, you could tell he took this match personally.

shout out lautaro, would love to keep him but who knows.

shout out my guy perisic, not only for the assist but showed up on the defensive side as well.

shout out handanovic, huge saves today. that sequence where he denied zlatan twice and tonali. :smokin

shout all the young g's, hakimi, barella and bastoni all played huge today.

4 points clear not a huge gap but hopefully enough to give the team a goal to fight for.

was finally able to watch the derby.

shout out everyone for taking it serious, it was not too long ago this team looked like it had no direction.

shout out big rom, you could tell he took this match personally.

shout out lautaro, would love to keep him but who knows.

shout out my guy perisic, not only for the assist but showed up on the defensive side as well.

shout out handanovic, huge saves today. that sequence where he denied zlatan twice and tonali. :smokin

shout all the young g's, hakimi, barella and bastoni all played huge today.

4 points clear not a huge gap but hopefully enough to give the team a goal to fight for.

Absolutely, Inter played great. Hats off.

But I have no idea what Pioli has been doing at Milan the last couple games. Dropping Leão? I was so disappointed as neutral.

I’ve been giving Pioli a pass for not consistently playing Leão because Milan were winning, and a championship always comes first. But he’s been dead wrong the last couple games.

IDK what’s taking him so long to unleash Leão. If I’m Leão I’m pissed man. Maybe start looking elsewhere. Milan fans agree from what I’ve read, they didn’t understand it either.

Last edited:
Mou needs to retire and be a full time pundit, I’ve been saying this for years. He’s achieved everything, just go Mou. :lol:

Him as a pundit was box office TV :lol:
Yea he's a pretty great pundit, just was always curious about him having a go at international footy before he stops coaching :lol:

Not sure I'd wanna see him with Portugal's current generation coming through but I feel the international tourney format is perfect for his style.

Yea he's a pretty great pundit, just was always curious about him having a go at international footy before he stops coaching :lol:

Not sure I'd wanna see him with Portugal's current generation coming through but I feel the international tourney format is perfect for his style.

Chilllllll.........

I troll y’all with Mou records and stuff because it’s funny, but I don’t want that man anywhere near the Portuguese National Team. NO WAY. :lol:

He should go to England to Manage the national team since he’s a good tournament manager for a brief period of time - can’t get any worse than Southgate - but we don’t want him anywhere near Portugal. :lol:

Just go to TV Mou and be the Tony Romo of footy.

Yea I was saying I don't think I'd wanna see him with all that talent :lol:

He'd probably win but the footy would be wicked :sick:

England or the USMNT I could see tbh

Yea I was saying I don't think I'd wanna see him with all that talent :lol:

He'd probably win but the footy would be wicked :sick:

England or the USMNT I could see tbh

I mean he’s still sort of good at sparking and uniting teams in a short time frame and since he’d barely see the players if he was international manager it’d probably be better.

England should consider it, because they have nothing to lose.

I’m more interested in what Spurs are going to do, because Mou could just be fired or leave and that problem could go away

But Spurs ate dealing with a whole other host of issues.....

Harry Kane and Son you know they want out, it’s time. Belgium Belgium what’s going to happen?

Hold up, P$G smacked up Barca last week only to get handled 2-0 by Monaco yesterday?

Suddenly they're 3rd and Lille are 4 points clear of them at the top :lol:

i think he could manage an international squad. he at least needs to scratch that itch imo

Yea I sorta think so too.....mostly because he wouldn’t be seeing the players on a full time basis and getting on their damn nerves. He’s too old now, things aren’t the same.

But if he could manage players just couple weeks every couple months he may do better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom