⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After his fake retirement, Messi isn't criticized anymore.

Right. I remember before the 2014 WC, i would read how everyone in Argentina thought he didn't care for playing with their NT cause he didn't play the same way as he did with Barca. I thought that was bananas.

DJmpiMcWsAEA1qD.jpg

:rofl:

Looking back at faxgate, do Real Madrid fans still wish they had DDG or are they cool with Navas?

We all know United fans were (and still are) relieved the transfer fell through.

It's hard to really complain and get hung up on things like that. RM did have a nearly done deal for DDG early in the window but the locker room and Zizou wanted to keep Navas. I can't really go against Zizou's goal of prioritizing locker room chemistry just yet. Zizou also told Navas before the UCL final he'd be his goalie next season. As an NYer, word is bond b.

Navas is really good and all, but I just can't see how you wouldn't want DDG still as an RM fan. Especially as the #1 for the Spanish NT

I think next summer is the final window RM have to get DDG. After that I expect he's going to be sick of all the sagas, speculation, and fiascos and just say **** you to RM.

At the time of faxgate I was happy to keep Navas, at times last season I wish we had DDG, a healthy Navas is a great keeper and is not really issue that being said Kepa or DDG is the future keeper at RM.

I also think Neuer is a little overrated, I don't think much separation between the top keepers of the world. Now if onky Navas would catch the ball instead of punching it.

Dybala said before the game that it was hard to play with Messi.

That comment was totally overblown and taken out of context.

Dybala said that it's difficult to play with Messi on the NT because they play the same position at their clubs and he has to adjust. That's all.

neymar didn't hold us back but we are just a totally different team now and more balanced.
its just that neymar has grown in to such a force that he demands the ball more (and rightfully so) and tracked back less and less. it destabilized the team as we became too reliant on msn
flyeed is right we can't jump the gun but valverde has brought the pre msn/lucho style back. our team is back to extreme possession and pressing and wearing opponents out.
but we are also a different team than the one we saw get ran through by madrid in the supercopa. after a crazy summer we simply weren't ready for a team like madrid.

i still don't think we are but we if we keep this current trajectory our team will be a force.
and messi just looks unstoppable as a false 9 again....simply messi has the ball and that's always a good thing.

You guys really took my hot take about Neymar seriously?

C'mon, y'all should know better by now.
i caught it. haha i was more responding to flyeed.
but there is still some truth to it tbh...

i don't know who to watch today... totenham dortmund should be a lot of fun.
but the liverpool sevilla match will be very interesting. have yet to see sevilla this season.

all the other games don't look like too much of a match

Objectively speaking, Nike is trash. My favorite club (San Lorenzo) rocks Nike and I can't wait until their contract expires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom