⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I live in England going to post a reply to this.

Racism in Spain is still bad and a hell of a lot worse then in England. In fact England has came so far in terms of racism over the last 30 years that it is probably the least racist country I have visited or been to (and i'm not just being biased). In the 80's we got alot of Carribean influence to the country and it was probably the best thing to happen in terms of advancing race relations here. I'm not saying there is no racism here anymore as unfortunately there is, but it is getting better all the time. Spain still has huge race problems and I have seen it on many occasions (I used to visit Spain nearly every year).

In regards to the football stadiums, the 70's and 80's were terrible in England for racism. Some clubs like Everton had to do a hell of a lot to move away from that once the 90's hit and going forward today. My dad said he used to see Banana's get thrown when he went to away games as a United fan. You would never ever see that now here.

So my conclusion is England is nowhere near Spain in terms of racism anymore.

It’s funny you mention OT because a family friend of mine is prominent Dr. & was traveling thru England, Spain, & Belgium taking part in some symposiums & also participating in clinical trials for some type of cancer.

While they were traveling, they took in matches at Madrid, Chelsea, & OT... his colleague whose of Nigerian decent got called a wog at OT & my family friend got called a *** bastard... What’s a wog?

Adidas WC Kits
upload_2017-11-6_18-5-49.png

upload_2017-11-6_18-6-0.png

upload_2017-11-6_18-6-16.png

upload_2017-11-6_18-6-33.png

upload_2017-11-6_18-6-47.png

upload_2017-11-6_18-7-1.png

upload_2017-11-6_18-7-13.png

http%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2017%2F11%2Fadidas-home-kits-2018-world-cup-4.jpg
they alright

ill cop a chucky lozano kit

It’s funny you mention OT because a family friend of mine is prominent Dr. & was traveling thru England, Spain, & Belgium taking part in some symposiums & also participating in clinical trials for some type of cancer.

While they were traveling, they took in matches at Madrid, Chelsea, & OT... his colleague whose of Nigerian decent got called a wog at OT & my family friend got called a *** bastard... What’s a wog?

There will always be exceptions as I said unfortunately racism isn't dead but having been a season ticket holder I have never experienced any racism or even seen any. Bare in mind I go to games with 3 people of black Egyptian descent and I am of English \ Yemeni descent. The racism my dad encountered was at away games not at OT. He has never had any problems at OT either. It's sad to hear they recieved that kind of abuse.

There will always be exceptions as I said unfortunately racism isn't dead but having been a season ticket holder I have never experienced any racism or even seen any. Bare in mind I go to games with 3 people of black Egyptian descent and I am of English \ Yemeni descent. The racism my dad encountered was at away games not at OT. He has never had any problems at OT either. It's sad to hear they recieved that kind of abuse.

Whats a wog?

You genuinely don't know or being ironic?

No I genuinely don't know & didn't feel like googling...

@blackmomo, I can't defend pep for the handling of busi's situation. I'm sorry I didn't mention that. Did you need me to itemize every single instance? You clearly have an ax to grind. Let me know if you want that itemization.

@blackmomo, I can't defend pep for the handling of busi's situation. I'm sorry I didn't mention that. Did you need me to itemize every single instance? You clearly have an ax to grind. Let me know if you want that itemization.

Feel disgusting even writing this. Basically a 'wog' is short for Golliwog which was a character from a childrens book who was a black doll. It's a bit of a weird subject because it was a very popular book for the right reasons initially and the doll was even on pots of jelly and butter (household items) here as a mascot. But it can have a dark side in that it can be used in a racist way, which is most likely what happened to the person you know.

do yall think EU is more racist than the US?
i sure don't.

only basis for comparison i have is when i lived in the UK for 4 years and traveled europe a lot.

LOl you're a fool not even gonna bother with you.

You all set? whats your plans?

Pretty much. I'll be checking out 3 cities - Manchester, London and Amsterdam

In Manchester, I will be going to the OT for a stadium tour, Football Museum. I will also catch my first Prem match in London - Spurs vs. West Brom. In Amsterdam, I plan to get stoopid high, check out the museums, ride the bikes over there and check out the red light district. In short, Man's gonna live :pimp:

If you have any places you recommend checking out let me know :pimp:

LOl you're a fool not even gonna bother with you.

Oh I’m on record about the qatar sponsorship. I’ve never been cool with that. You sure you don’t want me to itemize the issues? I’m good with hw club history... cheers dude. Seriously...

Pretty much. I'll be checking out 3 cities - Manchester, London and Amsterdam

In Manchester, I will be going to the OT for a stadium tour, Football Museum. I will also catch my first Prem match in London - Spurs vs. West Brom. In Amsterdam, I plan to get stoopid high, check out the museums, ride the bikes over there and check out the red light district. In short, Man's gonna live :pimp:

If you have any places you recommend checking out let me know :pimp:

Sounds like a great trip. How long you in the places? If there is anything in particular in London or Manchester you are looking for let me know

LOl at this guy. Always quick to come at English clubs but stays hush on his own club and the league. clearly you don't take racism very serious when you say stuff like its the same as in English football as it is in La Liga. When is the last time you see a large section of the crowd making monkey chants at black players, are bananas getting thrown to players in England still? Do black players get accused of having malaria or Aids when sick? your crappy league treats racism like a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom