⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
do yall think EU is more racist than the US?
i sure don't.

only basis for comparison i have is when i lived in the UK for 4 years and traveled europe a lot.

Western European countries are definitely not more racist than the US as a whole. The only difference is that the racists there had been more vocal compared to their American counterparts, until Trump and his crew set the American ones "free". It also helps that most of those countries don't have some bull @#$@ free speech rule that allows racists to incite violence and hatred without consequences, especially in England. Even the Brexit outbursts have been tame compared to what's been going on here. I will say that Italians and Spanish are more likely to be racist though; they're racist towards their own subgroups as well so it's not a surprise that the racists there don't like black people either. My European cousins in Spain are part Catalan and part Portuguese; they got anti Portuguese hate from Catalans during the Mourinho era and hate from Madridistas for being Catalan :lol: Even then, the hate isn't that type of "I want you dead and gone" type of hatred that you feel from racists here. When I travel throughout rural areas of the Midwest and South for work, I'm always on alert cause I don't want to attacked due to some idiot mistaking me for Arab or Mexican.

I've mentioned this before, but I shifted towards the Premier League the past few years for this reason. There's racist fans in every league on Earth, but at least the FA enforces severe consequences for racist acts, which discourages many of the racists to act out. I refuse to watch Serie A when black players are abused on a damn near weekly basis, and all the league does is fine the teams 2000 euros or some @#$@. Also, that Muntari suspension was disgraceful as well; I know it was overturned, but the fact that the suspension even happened...

Some parts of Eastern Europe are pretty bad when it comes to racism. The well known cities like Prague and Budapest are fine, but I wouldn't venture out into random towns out there. I also do NOT want to go to Russia at any point in my life :lol:

Last edited:
LOl at this guy. Always quick to come at English clubs but stays hush on his own club and the league. clearly you don't take racism very serious when you say stuff like its the same as in English football as it is in La Liga. When is the last time you see a large section of the crowd making monkey chants at black players, are bananas getting thrown to players in England still? Do black players get accused of having malaria or Aids when sick? your crappy league treats racism like a joke

Umm dude... I haven't heard of any incidents lately in La Liga but OT just had an issue chanting about Lukaku's junk... Again, I've never said there is more racism in the prem than La Liga... Not sure where you're getting this from. You work for putin posting fake news in your spare time?

when I played in Finland last season they were racist as hell when we played away games. Dudes in the stands would be calling all the black players the N word with the er ending and even the dudes on the other team would be saying it on the court. If you had any type of color in your skin, people would literally go across the street if you were walking towards them on a sidewalk or in the store they'd turn around and go the entire opposite way :lol:

Pretty much. I'll be checking out 3 cities - Manchester, London and Amsterdam

In Manchester, I will be going to the OT for a stadium tour, Football Museum. I will also catch my first Prem match in London - Spurs vs. West Brom. In Amsterdam, I plan to get stoopid high, check out the museums, ride the bikes over there and check out the red light district. In short, Man's gonna live :pimp:

If you have any places you recommend checking out let me know :pimp:

Can’t wait to hear about this - I’m planning on making almost the exact same trip in February along with a stop in Brussels. My homie is a big Chelsea fan and we’re going to try and snag tickets for the United/Chelsea game at OT. Which reminds me, anyone in here have experience getting tickets for a United game at OT?

Can’t wait to hear about this - I’m planning on making almost the exact same trip in February along with a stop in Brussels. My homie is a big Chelsea fan and we’re going to try and snag tickets for the United/Chelsea game at OT. Which reminds me, anyone in here have experience getting tickets for a United game at OT?

First thing I recommend is to buy a membership. To my understanding, members get first dibs on match games. I originally bought tickets for the CL match at OT against FC Basel but it got rescheduled as an away match. So I settled for a stadium tour. For future reference, if you gonna hit up a CL match in the future wait till the drawings are done (that's where I messed up)

For the bigger matches against the Citehs, Chelseas, Liverpools etc...there's a waiting list to get tickets.

I'll be back in Manchester again to catch a match though

These Neymar to Real rumors are funny

I always suspected he’d end up at Madrid sometime after psg. I’m not sure how that will work though bcs I don’t think pag prez Al-Khelaifi is one to be messed with. Plus he’s pretty close to Perez... maybe a Ronnie for Neymar trade?

Tell your boy he has to buy his tkt from Chelsea site. I forgot the third party site I used to get last min Chelsea tkts

giphy.gif

I'm Kenyan and barely speak Swahili lol. I used to be really good but didn't grow up around any Kenyans here. Yea a lot of Somali's migrated to Eastleigh during late 80's. Nothing like watching footy there on a sat

I feel you,I'm the same with the local dialects from Benin and Togo . Only remember the greetings :lol:,can't hold a convo in Mina or Fon to save my life

Yea I'd imagine the atmosphere would be :pimp::pimp:. I remember there being team specific pubs to watch games at around town :lol:

bro, you're well traveled, your pops gotta be a diplomat or something

Something like that :lol:,def been around though especially when I was younger

I feel you,I'm the same with the local dialects from Benin and Togo . Only remember the greetings :lol:,can't hold a convo in Mina or Fon to save my life

Yea I'd imagine the atmosphere would be :pimp::pimp:. I remember there being team specific pubs to watch games at around town :lol:
I'm so lucky that Kenyan was a British colony so the majority are fluent in it. Boy would I have a heard time when im there. Last time I tried speaking in Swahili to get a cheaper price into the safari, they laughed so hard

Tell your boy he has to buy his tkt from Chelsea site. I forgot the third party site I used to get last min Chelsea tkts

If we were to get seats together in the away end, would i run any risk wearing United gear in a Chelsea section lol?

I registered for the United membership but wasn’t banking on getting thru on the United site, any idea on what the resale market is like over there for those games?

If we were to get seats together in the away end, would i run any risk wearing United gear in a Chelsea section lol?

I registered for the United membership but wasn’t banking on getting thru on the United site, any idea on what the resale market is like over there for those games?

stubhub.co.uk got tickets starting at 350 pounds which equals to about $460. yikes :sick:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom