⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should make use of the skydome during winter if that ever came to fruition

When Barca was likeable :lol::smh:

Last edited:
CR7 about to sue you for sexual harassment
giphy.gif

I'm sure if they do go forward with pro/reg, heated pitches will be implemented. Plus fans willingly go to freeze they asses off for 3-4 hours watching a live NFL game. They can survive 90 minutes :lol:

:lol: Yup, always wanted the Speedmaster and passing the bar gave me an excuse to splurge on one

When I peeped that pic I was like daaaaaaaamn! I got me 2 Tag aqua racers but could never justify getting a Roley or Omega... The wifey would kill me. :lol:

Congrats though. I wish you nothing but success!

Who *****es about playing in the winter? The league, owners, players, or fans?

People who want any excuse to keep the same trash system the MLS currently has.

Maybe you guys just don't know how temperate UK or Western European winters are relative North American cold weather cities.

It's hard to play when you start losing motor function in your feet and extremities because temperatures are below freezing.

I couldn't care less about fans in the stands, the cost of playing in Chicago in February would come at quality of play.

I want to see MLS on a August/May calendar but winter scheduling and logistics is an issue, to act like it's not a valid concern is beyond silly.

Im not saying it isn't a valid concern. But there's tons of ways to deal with those problems that would allow games to be played pretty effectively.

My issue is with people trying to blame that as a reason for not moving to a different system. Because if they wanted to, they could make it work.

Im not saying it isn't a valid concern. But there's tons of ways to deal with those problems that would allow games to be played pretty effectively.

My issue is with people trying to blame that as a reason for not moving to a different system. Because if they wanted to, they could make it work.

Just because you can make it work doesn’t mean it’s a good idea to implement.

What are your ideas?

I don’t think think the good solutions are quite as abundant or as simple as you make it seem.

I don't know much about what I'm about to say but here I go.

MLS ain't poor right? I mean the owners have money. Why not prepare for this type of move and implimemt a rule where all stadiums must be able to close (roof) in the winter. Then blast the heat.

I don't know much about what I'm about to say but here I go.

MLS ain't poor right? I mean the owners have money. Why not prepare for this type of move and implimemt a rule where all stadiums must be able to close (roof) in the winter. Then blast the heat.

Reality aside, my personal subjective beef with this would be that I HATE viewing football being played indoors on carpet.

Mercedes-Benz Stadium, BC Place, friendlies at AT&T. :sick:

That trade off ain’t even worth it to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom