⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was living up in Berkeley my friend and I used to go play on that field by the marina also. It was pretty nice. They have a huge natural grass field that we played on, but I don't think the artificial fields are public.

Where the UC Berkeley fields still open to the public when you were living there?

A generation of street ball ongoing for 4 decades, 7 days a week 365 days a year, uprooted and destroyed overnight a by campus administration circa 2014. :smh:

Doesn't even matter how many facilities there are until there is a culture that celebrates the game and pushes the kid that wants to play.

America cares about star power and imagery more than anything, the game needs a real American ambassador that can shake things up and get young kids going out by themselves on their own time to play the game,

Or someone to poor millions of dollars into the game. Sometimes I wish someone like LeBron did that in the second half of his career. You take every SEC Cornerback and Wide receiver and have those kids playing? It's a wrap

You take every SEC Cornerback and Wide receiver and have those kids playing? It's a wrap
upload_2017-11-9_15-39-30.png

this is such cliche' american arrogance
skill > athleticism

Corona thats in Eastvale though pretty much Norco

Oh ok. I didn't know the IE was poppin like that with soccer fields.

Where the UC Berkeley fields still open to the public when you were living there?

A generation of street ball ongoing for 4 decades, 7 days a week 365 days a year, uprooted and destroyed overnight a by campus administration circa 2014. :smh:

Yeah bro, there were. I graduated in 2013 so there used to always be hella people up there playing.

Heard they turned it into a field hockey field tho :smh:

But I didn't know they hadn't put up a new field for everyone to go play smh

upload_2017-11-9_15-39-30.png

this is such cliche' american arrogance
skill > athleticism
It's really not cliche arrogance.

We dominate every other country in world sports that we participate in. We have the biggest fastest strongest athletes and in other sports, the most skilled as well. We have more money, more people and people from every ethnic background in the world.

Athleticism is obviously not the be all and everything but it certainly is a big advantage. If you took those kids and helped them develop the skills, they would have a leg up on their peers through their athleticism. Doesn't mean they'll be better cause as you said, soccer is far and away about skill. But skill + athleticism always will win.

It's really not cliche arrogance.

We dominate every other country in world sports that we participate in. We have the biggest fastest strongest athletes and in other sports, the most skilled as well. We have more money, more people and people from every ethnic background in the world.

Athleticism is obviously not the be all and everything but it certainly is a big advantage. If you took those kids and helped them develop the skills, they would have a leg up on their peers through their athleticism. Doesn't mean they'll be better cause as you said, soccer is far and away about skill. But skill + athleticism always will win.

yeah you are completely right. this isn't american arrogance at all

I always hear us Americans talk about athleticism and skill and then we can dominate in soccer but everyone forgets this is more of a mental game than physical. Athleticism and skill can get you goals, but will never win you trophies.

Donovan, Dempsey, Pulisic. Not the fastest, not the strongest but they have football minds that made them the greatest that have come out of the US.

Tag Heuers are great watches man, if you really want a Rolex or Omega treat yourself though!

Thanks man, I appreciate it! Same to you!

Never been a big fan of the Daytona. Hype drives their prices up and I could never see myself spending what they cost.

Tags are definitely great watches.

Feel you on the prices of Daytona though. Different folks different strokes iguess.

Wear it in good health fam :pimp:

Prioritizing athleticism gets you trash Jozy Altidore and Premier League English quota filler types of players

The PL has tons of strong, tall, athletic dudes who get outplayed by scrawny South Americans and Spaniards on a daily basis

Last edited:
Tags are definitely great watches.

Feel you on the prices of Daytona though. Different folks different strokes iguess.

Wear it in good health fam :pimp:

Don't get me wrong, the Daytona is a beautiful watch, but there are at least 4 other Rolex models I'd take over a Daytona any day.

Physically De Bruyne looks like should be coming off the bench in the techie boy Kick Ball league but might be the best player in the EPL. :lol:

Just came arcross the video of De Bruyne discussing recent plays mostly from this season... for 20 minutes.

Obviously I'm a huge fan of his on the field but I also love hearing him speak about the game. Dude makes it sound so simple but best part is there no bull****.

Dude talks to everyone about the game as if he's having a beer, dicussing the weather. No cliches or lip service like you hear from a lot of English and American pro athletes.

Dude just has honest conversations and says what he thinks.

Hey NorthOak, what you said is true but i might add there's a lot of built soccer specific fields and cages farther into the east bay where I live. It honestly was one of the first times that I noticed our tax dollars are actually being put to use:lol:. The Bay is promised a lot of improvements but since San Jose is far more important than the rest of us, the funds and labour is going to their growth:rolleyes. Even on I-5 going to Sac you can see two fields along the way. technically in Elk Grove but same shiiii.

Source for these? Interested in seeing more.
my bad dude. here's the direct link http://www.laliga-subtitles.com/

They are uploaded each monday to their youtube channel, but they are in spanish without subs. "El dia despues" is the name of the channel. gotta wait for proper translastions if and when. as far as I know they're the only league to do something like this social media wise

Just saw Ike Opara won defender of the year in the MLS. I know some people around here were outraged at EPB not getting many chances to feature for SKC, but it’s tough as a kid that young to beat out the DPOY and a national team starter. Wish we could’ve hung on to the kid but I have no issues with Vermes or the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom