⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the few times i've seen Gomes play for Barca and Portugal combined I came away thinking he has skill but has terrible decision making (over dribbling, passing etc)
But thats only based on like 4-5 games maybe ive seen of him

lovehateself lovehateself this whole thing has become bigger than Phil, it's about principle now

I'm caping for Liverpool, and will gladly keep a player against his will if it means that we weren't coerced into selling a week before the window closes.
i feel you
but where was liverpools principle with the whole vvd/southampton thing?

or
giphy.gif

???

I hope United supporters hold Dembele to the same scrutiny that everyone else holds Pogba, though Dembele might outperform Pogba.

From the few times i've seen Gomes play for Barca and Portugal combined I came away thinking he has skill but has terrible decision making (over dribbling, passing etc)
But thats only based on like 4-5 games maybe ive seen of him

whenever he plays i find myself just watching gomes at times to see why he continues to get picked.
for portugal he def looks better...he plays free..doesn't have that pressure the fans put on him.
i see some bright spots but my biggest gripe is his positioning, awareness/anticipation... he's always a step behind and he's just slow and not agile so it really makes him stick out when he gets caught out.

i think he would actually be a solid player for some good teams but he's not an elite player that should be playing against teams like PSG in the business end of the season like last year.

jape jape vtotheinay vtotheinay
Do y'all stroke each other at the same time, or y'all take turns?

How many trophies Barca winning this year? Talk your ****.

jape jape said Bundesliga trash anyway so no one cares how many Bayern win

i feel you

???
Barcelona is trying to sign a player from us towards the end of the transfer window while putting out false stories to the media. The VVD scenario is different. We attempted to purchase the player from southampton at the beginning of the window. Yes, we've been in contact with him before the opening of the window, but which club hasn't been in contact with a transfer target before the start of the window ???? Southampton is upset because they would have liked to renew VVD deal and add some stipulations and possibly increase his release clause. In hindsight, they realize that we got a steal with Mane and they sold him for cheap and would not like the the same thing to happen with Virgil.

QU!K QU!K lmao you are in your feelings cause your team is trash and in the europa league... its ok b.

who did yall get washed by last week?
stoke? yall better win europa league like united cause yall aint cutting top 4. easy
yall pick up laca and still looking to giroud to save yall in the last minutes

I'm not the one in my feels bruh :lol:,just posting all sorts of silly news as usual. Nothing's changed

If you can't handle the heat when your club is in disarray then that's on you lol,you sure love dishing it out when it's other clubs going through it though
The club is far from disarray It's one transfer rumor being pushed over and over. If he leaves, he leaves, but y'all just got a hard on for Liverpool cause y'all club don't generate any excitement. The most interesting thing y'all have done was resign an injured ibrahimovic who probably won't return until November and post corny *** memes. I watched his interview with ESPN and mans sounded like he only rejoined the club cause no one else was gonna pay him to rehab and come back and play. Y'all were the only ones foolish enough to give him an extension and possibly given him a wage increase. Ole vacation spa of a football club.

Last edited:
no offense ever taken, just out of curiosity, why the hate for arsenal?

i don't hate arsenal tbh... just bantz for girls like QU!K QU!K
arsenal is trash though.

i actually used to go to some arsenal games when i lived out there...this was the RVP era.
nice stadium. i got to see riquelme in that stadium too

QU!K QU!K lmao you are in your feelings cause your team is trash and in the europa league... its ok b.

who did yall get washed by last week?
stoke? yall better win europa league like united cause yall aint cutting top 4. easy
yall pick up laca and still looking to giroud to save yall in the last minutes
You ain't pulled your skirt down all summer since PSG TOOK Neymar from your nothing but Spanish FA Cup winning squad.

Your club looking foolish out here. Got Messi considering him options and ****.

Enjoy Paulinho and wash your face thoroughly.

And of course you a closet Arsenal fan.

We didn't pull this out of thin air, there were reports on this from the same people that reported that he was unhappy. Which report is true? Who knows, that's for us to decide I guess.

At least for Dembele I've heard from fairly credible sources that his agent confirmed Barca suggested he put some pressure on the club. Of course they wouldn't be dumb enough to directly ask him to skip training sessions but between him and Coutinho Barca's strategy is fairly obvious. I'm just glad my club doesn't roll that way.

The thing that bothers me more than clubs acting like that is people putting the blame on the clubs who won't let their player leave. The player signed a contract with a club so he should honour that - either by giving his best for his club or waiting until someone meets the demands of his club. Aubameyang is a good example of that. Of course he would have preferred to leave but since no club came through with what we asked he'll do his job.

I don't think Dembele will be as good as Neymar. Sure he's younger but Neymar is on another level. I agree that this was as close to Neynar as they could have gone.
I haven't seen Neymar play live but I would argue that Dembele is better than Neymar was at age 20. Dembele is probably the strongest player his age I've ever seen play live.

Didn't think it would get to this. At this point, as much as I understand wanting to keep him and stand your ground if you're FSG. I don't see how how this doesn't effect the locker room throughout the season. If i'm Klopp, I say sell.

i feel you

or
giphy.gif

???

It isn't different, we tampered. But is VVD wearing a Liverpool shirt right now? No, and our backline is still garbage so we're dealing with the consequences of our actions right now.

no offense ever taken, just out of curiosity, why the hate for arsenal?

anigif_sub-buzz-25972-1479741401-2.gif

Dude is praying for a last minute move, even going out and hoping for a winter move at this point.

Petty. Salty.

And I don't blame fans on either side. Liverpool fans don't deserve a player who's turning his back so boldly on the club, at the end of a window. And Barca fans shouldn't be held accountable for their boards bad business. Barca has been stepping in a lot of toes this summer and been real salty about losing Neymar/not bein able to replace him fast enough. Their tactics are cheap, but I can't blame Jape.

Barca got Dembele, bless up and flourish. Will watch the games this season, but I hope Neymar washes if we meeting in the CL.

Liverpool should honestly just sell Coutinho, but on their terms and on their time. He's their player and he still under contract. Liverpool shouldn't be rushed in account of Barca's bad summer.

Dude is a Liverpool player. He's acting like a lil *** right now sitting out the CL.

I would hold him out and bench him ala New Castle Ben Afra. He's 26 and his deals run until he's 30. He's not in the best position to carry on this way. We would then see if Barcelona is interested then.

arsenal is trash though.

i actually used to go to some arsenal games when i lived out there...this was the Banter era.
nice stadium. i got to see riquelme in that stadium too
touche, you aint lyin :smh:.

seems seri was really hoping for that barca move

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom