⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is lamps in the running for manager of the year ? The English and white Thing again?

don’t get me started on brodgers.. blew a 14 point lead

This dude Flo really dropped 100m for 1G + 6A's all season?

200.gif

Grass isn't always greener on the other side

RM squad needing a refresher / shake up at the worst time (financially). Zidane squeezed out this year’s Liga, but we need to move on a lot of dead weight and refresh.

Strange that Fede didn’t get a runout tonight. Casemiro had maybe the worst game of his career on the night. Both Varane (uncharacteristically) and Militao (characteristically) made some shocking back passes trying to play through City’s press - or rather draw out Foden / Sterling / Jesus from position to pass through the midfield block.

Hazard is full on bust status for me. His game doesn’t seem to lend itself to a 30+ wing player in the modern game. I would see him moving more central as he gets older and becoming a central playmaker, like a hybrid of Kaká and David Silva.

Modric‘s time as a de facto starter is probably up. With Bale indisposed for various reasons, Asensio has to make a wing his or be content as a super sub.

I realize Flo isn’t opening the floodgates this year, but sometimes change just needs to happen to keep the squad on its toes. I see Kroos as the long-term captain of the side; think he can hold his role for at least 3-4 years.

Making a purchase wish-list as an RM fan is almost always like Fantasy Football, so it feels almost self indulgent to do one. Think Camavinga is a priority though.

Props to City for outplaying us in both legs. Wasn’t super optimistic going into today’s match, but you have the hope because RM (esp. under Zidane) have proven CL is their game in recent years.

-

In related news, you feel like this season’s CL marks a real turning point in modern history of the game. May be the first time in a long while that Madrid, Ronaldo, and Messi are all out in the round of 16. Time is turning the page on the greatness of Messi and Ronaldo and it’s a shame to watch their combined prowess diminish. Was talking with my wife tonight at dinner about how lucky we’ve been to see two all-time greats going at it for 12-13 years now at the absolute highest level. Don’t know when we’ll be able to see 60-70 goal seasons from anyone ever again.

As a City fan I'm tired of being ran thru the group stages and KO rounds by both Ronaldo and Messi this past decade :lol:

But as a fan of the sport it is pretty sad. I followed the sport during Ronaldo's move to Real Madrid and Messi's start of his prime. I think I took it really for granted because seeing them on match stats score 3-4 goals every other game was the norm until I realized it wasn't.

They both can't win it a lone anymore and they both aren't getting the help they deserve. Its really sad.

My thing is... are Juve a team set up to play poch style right now? I feel like he’s gonna have the same issues sarri had. I think he’ll be more pragmatic which will help but ultimately Juve is poorly put together

Last edited:
Did Juventus buy any player for Sarri?

Sarri should find a club that has zero expectation

the juve board ****ed up thinking they had 30 year old Ronnie so they could go cheap on putting the right pieces around him to actually compete for a CL title. There's no way they fix this in one summer either especially with covid. Gonna suck to waste another year of ronaldo especially with him being so close to the end of being a top player

Yea I don't see Ron trying to stick around and wait for a rebuild at 35 :lol:

Depending on who they bring in and add to he squad, kind of expect those P$G rumors to start picking up again. Apparently he was furious going off the pitch and into the dressing room post match justifiably and his sister was posting more stuff about not being able to do it all by himself.

He just had the highest scoring season for a Juve player ever and I read a wild stat that he's been responsible for all of Juve's CL knockout round goals since he joined :wow:. All that and they haven't been close to winning the CL

On another note and speaking of P$G, apparently Veratti is also out now and might miss the rest of the CL if they advance...

happy for bleek

can someone DM me that site for games. I don’t wanna do the cbs thing even with the free week

Damn apparently Juve sacked their sporting director Paratici too, totally cleaning house it seems

Ronaldo should go to PSG for a year IMO. He'd still do well there, it'd be insane to see him with Neymar and Mbappe, and he'd have another guaranteed chance to be in CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom