⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PSG whew!!
Coach in crutches, MBappe out, Neymar missing easy ones, DiMaria suspended, and Navas injured.
It was not looking good but glad they pulled it off.
Need to rewatch but last goal looked a bit offsides

Reppin while on the skype call.
1098DD02-B1CF-45CB-ACF5-3A5F89517BAC.jpeg
P.S.
17 was my team number growing up so its association with Choupo is purely coincidental.

Last edited:
Icardi was trash today btw. He didn’t make any good runs, couple link up plays with Neymar due to Neymar but he was MIA in the final third.

No idea why PSG let Cavani go.

San Lorenzo sold him to Catania in 2010. He had three nice seasons there and apparently got offers from Atletico Madrid, Inter Milan, and Fiorentina in 2013. He rejects these offers and signs with some Ukrainian club named Metalist Kharkiv. The reason he gave was the club’s “commitment to growth” and participation in the Champions League (I imagine there was also a massive sum of money exchanged “under the table”). The club then gets with a Champions League ban, but the damage was done. He was stuck in an obscure league with zero exposure for a year. In 2014 he signs for Atalanta and the rest is history.

So he sort of wasted his career? Very Quaresma like 😂

People who been watching the sport for a while, could you make a wasted talent starting XI?
It depends what wasted means?
Did they get paid? Did they win trophies? Are players on top teams excluded because they at least reached a spot on a Milan or Barca?

i can tell you there are hundreds on the Latin American side that never left their country or ended up on a no name team in eastern europe.

I can definitely think of 11 guys like Keylor Navas and Hugo Sanchez in latin america that never made it to a Real Madrid.

Last edited:
Was struggling to think of a goalkeeper

Begović

Rafael
Jonathan Woodgate
Ledley King
Royston Drenthe

Denilson
Yoann Gourcuff
Ravel Morrison

Adriano
Pato
Mario Balotelli

Honorable mention

Quaresma
Gotze
Antonio Cassano
Alexander Hleb
Veron
Alex Song
Sergio Canales
Bojan
Deulofeu

Just because Veron didn’t succeed at United doesn’t mean he’s a wasted talent :rofl:

People who been watching the sport for a while, could you make a wasted talent starting XI?
Excuse the trash formation but it's so much easier to think of Mids/forwards than defenders :lol:

Ochoa
Kurzawa Phil Jones Micah Richards
Anderson Van Der Vaart
Robinho Gotze Quaresma
Adriano Balo​

HM (There's way too many to count):
Ben Arfa
Pato
Joe Cole
Walcott
Ravel Morrison
Macheda
Sturridge
Gio Dos Santos
Asamoah Gyan
Gurcouf
Bojan
Cassano
Arshavin
Adu (OG Pulisic)
Denilson

Wanted to add Michael Owen just cause of how high his ceiling looked early but can't say he exactly wasted his career when he still won a B'Dor and PL :lol:

Was stupid hard coming up with a keeper since they only really get hype when they're proven

Yea like half my list you can blame injuries or external factors out of their control for them not living up to their promise but just thought of players in general who looked like they'd be the goods for a long long time but it just didn't work out that way

Just goes to show how unpredictable these dudes careers can be, from injuries to personal life to ego etc. So many factors at play on who make it who doesn’t and how long they stay there if they do make it. A lot of people don’t make it and even out of the ones who where clearly talented that talent alone isn’t enough cause **** can change quick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom